• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Weed+Teachers=???

In California, a teacher with his medical card walked in to his local dispensary one day and found himself face to face with two of his students who were 18 years old. Within a week, there were rumors were rampant all over school about the teacher who was a head and throwing weed parties in the classroom. The rumors reached the district. Ultimately, the teacher was relieved of his employment.

True story.

In California, a teacher with his medical card walked in to his local dispensary one day and found himself face to face with two of his students who were 18 years old.

In CA that is probably your biggest risk. Go to a dispensary far, far away from your place of work.

at least where I'm from in the south, it's pretty common knowledge that being a teacher is one of those professional avenues that you just DO NOT get piss tested for. I don't know the deal out west, but yeah, to be honest, a lot of teachers, at least where I'm at, might decide to become teachers just BECAUSE they KNOW they're not going to get piss tested. Because, at the same time, weed is very illegal in my area and a lot of jobs, not even good ones now, do piss test.

Of course, at the same time, it's not like being a teacher is a great job considering the pay and the hours, but in this economy, there's certainly nothing to complain about. It does seem to be one of the best jobs, at least in my area, that you can seriously think about without having to worry about getting piss tested for weed...

That being said, you still got to pass all the interviews and get your teacher certification, so good luck to you...not the hardest shit in the world, but you do have to go through the usual job bullshit first...

But lol, as an add on, at my high school, I got the picture that most of my teachers were raging alcoholics. And alcohol is something that definitely fits in with the teacher mentality, and it's not like you're going to be kicked out for drinking every once in a while on your own time, that's for sure...

Oh and also, of course, there's always the professor route. If you're a tenured professor at a university, you, my friend, are totally in the clear, do whatever the fuck you want...

So I'm Planning On Being A High School English Teacher In California When I Get Older. Will It Be Okay To Smoke Weed If I Have A License When I'm Older And Or Will The School I Choose To Work At Not Hire Me Because Of It? I'm 15 Now So Look Ahead About Six Years. Thanks.

You Probably Won't Get A Job As An English Teacher If You Don't Understand Proper Capitalisation Yet At The Age Of 15. Wow Typing Like This Is A Real Effort!

You Probably Won't Get A Job As An English Teacher If You Don't Understand Proper Capitalisation Yet At The Age Of 15. Wow Typing Like This Is A Real Effort!

Hey now, give the kid some credit. He could be posting from a cell phone and texting his posts in a mode that capitalizes the first letter of each word.

I fucking hate that mode, dude. I don't know if all these newfangled smartphones do shit like that, though.

Hey now, give the kid some credit. He could be posting from a cell phone and texting his posts in a mode that capitalizes the first letter of each word.

I fucking hate that mode, dude. I don't know if all these newfangled smartphones do shit like that, though.

I've never ever come across that feature and don't think any sane programmer would ever write that feature even if told to, probably just over enthusiastic use of the shift key. AT LEAST IT WASN'T ALLCAPS EH?

Art teachers have to be the grey area, haha. I knew for a fact 3 of my art teachers actively used drugs, I had the pleasure of smoking a naughty cheesy one with my art teacher at a concert. But as others have said, I would keep it to yourself if you want to have a voice among your fellow teachers and if you're wanting to be taken seriously.

I had a teacher who smoked often and even had sex with a student. She even mentioned "loving him" in the yearbook.

My friend is one lucky fuck, she's sexy.

I've never ever come across that feature and don't think any sane programmer would ever write that feature even if told to, probably just over enthusiastic use of the shift key. AT LEAST IT WASN'T ALLCAPS EH?

Really? On my phone it's the default for starting a text (shows "Abc" as the text mode) and automatically switches to "abc" after the first letter is put in. If I manually switch back to "Abc" for any reason mid-text the feature stays and capitalizes every word until I switch it off or happen to start a new sentence, but its kind of rare to have a multiple-sentenced text message so yeah...

But yeah, my old ass phone's got 4 texting modes: "ABC" - all caps, "Abc" - first letter of a word capitalized, "abc" - no capitalized letters at all, and "123" - numerals.