• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Weed prep, what do you do?

wallywogs

Bluelighter
I was wondering how you prep your weed in the sense like...if you get say an 1/8 or a 1/4 do you pinch by hand and roll.  Or do you use a plastic or metal grinder.  Do you clip it with scissors?  Do you prep all at once or just on a per joint or bowl/bong basis.<br><br>I usually have 4 or more strains around and I will use a plastic or metal grinder to do enough for maybe 8 - 10 joints.  If I am not actively smoking it then if sits wrapped and in an airtight container in my basement gun locker.  My active smoking material is kept in jars in an ammo can in the basement on my workbench.  I have another ammo can that holds my active paraphenalia, pipes, vapes, one hitters, grinder etc.  It is a below grade basement, I am in the mountains in British Columbia, basement is always dry and cool<br><br>thanks

I live in a legal state first of all, so no hiding in gun safes. I usually buy an 1/8 and some oil or a 1/4 at a time. Most of the time I dont need to use scissors or trim at all, but i like to use a grinder, and ill grind about a gram at a time. I prefer bongs but occasionally roll a joint. And I also like to keep a few strains around. especially at least one sativa as i mainly smoke indica. Any thing I'm not going to smoke for a while (saving it or buying a ounce) ill put it in a airtight container, being in the northwest its usually cool . So over all pretty similar to you.

By Hand: This is my usual technique these days when packing a bowl. I don't use screens and I like to "plug it with a nugget" so pinching works well here.

Grinders: I use when I want to roll joints. I'll store a handful and have only one or two ready to go in a doob-tube.

Scissors: I only use when trimming, which is something I haven't done since I grew.

I always use a grinder unless in a situation where I don't have one. Why let all the kief get lost on your fingers or scissors when you can catch it for later consumption?

I always use a grinder unless in a situation where I don't have one. Why let all the kief get lost on your fingers or scissors when you can catch it for later consumption?

TRUTH.

A few months ago I started using latex gloves whenever I'm handling my weed directly, which is when I'm breaking down a gram every 2-4 days. Just getting nugs from jar to grinder to bag leaves my gloves with a gross ass yellowish green stain on the fingertips, it's fuckin' nuts. Like, I'll take the gloves off and be able to see the outline of my fingerprints from where the kief/pollen/plant matter instantly glued itself during handling.

To answer OP, I buy an ounce at a time and stash it in a jar, and break down a gram at a time in my dope ass Kozo grinder every few days. Once broken down, I put the tree in a typical, clear dub-bag, and then I put that bag in another, smell-proof bag for when I'm not smoking. When I smoke, I barely even touch the tree. I just pour out enough for a bowl onto a playing card that's been folded in half length-wise, and use that to trickle the weed into the bowlpiece.

It's a little overkill but I get really anxious when I can smell weed but I'm not smoking. I'd much rather only smell it when it's burning.

Same.
A friend of mine who is like 20 or 21 used my grinder the other day, and he was blown away by how well used it is. i've had it for at least 12 or 13 years, so it is beautifully worn-in and caked with cannabis residue, and the indents in the metal around the top of it for grip have been almost completely worn off it from over a decade of me putting absolutely all the weed i smoked in that time through it, which is a pretty staggering amount of weed because many of the years i've had it i've smoked daily.
It was kind of a risk to bring any (used) paraphernalia with me when i moved across the country a couple of years ago - at least in principle - but i'm so glad i didn't leave my grinder behind or get rid of it to get a new one over here, because it's so nicely worn in, and it's probably one of the few possessions i've carried around with me since my early 20s, so i'm kinda sentimental about it i suppose.

Anyway, i use it whether i'm vaping or rolling a doob.

The other thing I always do is take my weed out of the plastic sandwich bag or whatever and put it in the glass jar i keep my herb in. Been buying it by the ounce or half oz lately, and sometimes i'll separate different strains if there is a particular reason to do so - namely having good stuff and not-so-good stuff - which hasn't been an issue lately, because it's all been great stuff and easy to tell one strain from another by looking at it.

Last edited:
Grinding or otherwise mutilating your weed when you don't intend to use it within a day or so is just going to waste terpenes.

i'll take two swishers and combine them, grab 2-4 grams and break it up by hand on top of the swishers. roll, spark.

i dunno why, i been doing it by hand for 15+ years. it can be annoying with stick af gorilla glue like straight up i'd imagine it would just get stuck in the grinder /me shrugs ?

Grinding or otherwise mutilating your weed when you don't intend to use it within a day or so is just going to waste terpenes.

So then don't grind your weed. My personal opinion is fuck pungent terpenes, though. Most weed doesn't smell pleasant to me, it just reminds me of getting high and brings happy thoughts.

i'd imagine it would just get stuck in the grinder

Definitely can happen, and it's frustrating as hell too.

I buy 3.5g every 2 days. I split this into 2 bags. I chop up 3 times each day. Once in the morning a small chop then my biggest chop around midday then my final chop at nightime around 6pm which leaves me some cones to smoke it through the night. I just chop it up with a bowl and scissors. Once its halfway chopped I add my tobacco then I finish chopping the mixtute. Then i just start packing cones in my bong. Ill usually start the session with 3 cones then smoke slowly after that.

So then don't grind your weed. My personal opinion is fuck pungent terpenes, though. Most weed doesn't smell pleasant to me, it just reminds me of getting high and brings happy thoughts.

Definitely can happen, and it's frustrating as hell too.

Terpenes are what makes highs unique man, weed is senseless to me without them. Who doesn't get bored of the same high over and over and over and over again?

I buy 3.5g every 2 days. I split this into 2 bags. I chop up 3 times each day. Once in the morning a small chop then my biggest chop around midday then my final chop at nightime around 6pm which leaves me some cones to smoke it through the night. I just chop it up with a bowl and scissors. Once its halfway chopped I add my tobacco then I finish chopping the mixtute. Then i just start packing cones in my bong. Ill usually start the session with 3 cones then smoke slowly after that.

People with this level of consumption make me feel a lot better about myself lol. Even though I have been getting high a lot, 2 grams in a week would be a HUGE amount for me, generally I get off every day multiple times a day with well under a gram a week!

aAoHG99.jpg

Mona doesn't mind when I mutilate weed on top of her.

I always use an aluminium grinder, and since I never mix with tobacco anymore, getting it evenly broken up is key, especially for rolling up. I was away for a few weeks and didn't bring my grinder and no pipe, and boy, smoking joints was a hassle... took me forever to get it ground evenly with my fingers to make it work.

what I grind up, I usually use within a day or two...

Prepping isn't exactly fun.

It's understandable why pre-rolls that have been sitting on the shelf for weeks still get sold by the millions. Lost terps and all.

My weed comes in sealed prescription bottles, so no large scale preparation or readiness.

When I open a bottle (5g), I use generic aluminum grinders for everything except Super Lemon Haze. I put as much into a grinder as I expect I'll use in the next day. No prep really. I also have a Raw cone shooter that I don't currently use and a few manual rollers.

When I have more than few different types on hand, I start just busting up small nuggets w/hands.

Tom

Who doesn't get bored of the same high over and over and over and over again?

Probably the same people that know exactly what they're looking for in a high and prefer consistency.

Also, people who use marijuana to legitimately medicate and not just fry their headspace for a few hours.

Also, crackheads. Dopeheads. Alkies. Xanax fiends.

There's actually a whole lot of people who find their favorite highs once and do everything they can to catch 'em again. Probably a majority of all drug users, if you stop and think about it. As far as weed goes, if I could have GSC and only GSC every day for the rest of my life I think I'd be okay with it. It's not the most potent strain by any means, nor the most aesthetically-pleasing.... but by God do I love that strain. It's perfect for me, and at the end of the day I'm not really caring about anything other than what works for me.

Chasing the first high (notable with heroin/fentanyl, they're never going to peak the way they did when they first tried it) is not the same as desiring the same boring high you're getting over and over again though.

Honestly for the last 2 weeks i have only been bong and doesn't matter the presentation it is received in. I only Pinch a little out enough for a "one hit wonder" X3 and im set. Close up whatever presentation and reseal inn pill char. And repeat as needed. which is not as much. Also keeping it low at a G a day or less.

Chasing the first high (notable with heroin/fentanyl, they're never going to peak the way they did when they first tried it) is not the same as desiring the same boring high you're getting over and over again though.

At no point did I mention the first high, I was referring to a person's favorite high. Word choice is important here.

I like to wait until I'm stressed as fuck. And I like it to be a hit, after 15 years minus 3 and with what my tolerance is now I like to rip bong.

If you would like the full effects, you need to prep your brain first of all by not smoking way too much. If I smoke 10 joints a day, I would only feel weed when I wasn't smoking it. I like to feel the transitions.

I like to use an accurate scale for fire chron. Maybe a little overkill but it helps me compare strain potencies and effects better if I always rip .15 or .3 grams.

I also like my sesh to be one hit. That's all it should take, I won't smoke more than 3 or it's just a waste of weed to me (gotta stop doing that).

I prefer to smoke by myself, and in secret as well. For me it has to be a relatively clean bong. I have a pet peeve of that. Break the buds up with my fingers and light the hemp wick. Take a few deep breaths, exhale the air from my lungs and rip. I feel it right away if I haven't smoked in like 6 hours, then carry on with whatever it is I am doing or had planned.