• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Weed or DMT?

MindSeeker

Bluelighter
Without unnecessary details: I have a vaporizer cartridge, a typical one with yellow oily e-liquid, and I am not sure if it contains DMT or Cannabis. I’d rather not just simply “try”, especially that I’ve never done DMT before, and am wondering if you can think of any way to tell what it is. Thank you in advance!

You'd be tripping balls if it's DMT. Can I ask why you think it's DMT? Did someone tell you it was beforehand? They're vastly different substances haha just wondering.

It's incredibly hard to come by. I'd be surprised if it was DMT.

I know how different they are and that's why I said I would not just "try" what it is, I'm still not even sure if I want to do DMT as I know it can be scary, and how did it happen? Let's say I wanted to get both DMT and weed and those who gave it to me did not mark the cartridges in any way :)

man, they are incomparable, like, it is possible to compare two drugs that belong to the same class, there is no sense in comparing these ones.

I don't know if this is feasible? You could take a small drop, place it on foil, heat it up with a lighter then take note of the smell as it vaporizes. Do it for both and compare. DMT has a sort of plastic like smell, you probably won't recognize it since you've never used it before but the cannabis may end up smelling distinctively cannabis like.

this is not a guaranteed method depending on how they were made as sometimes the cannabis ones somehow don't even smell like cannabis when vaporized. But sometimes they do, and if one of them does then you've got which is which figured out without having to actually try them.

I reckon id have a bac rrip on dmt snd i jste hate hste losing grio on reslity i like getting zonked out but opiastes speed me p aswell

Take a very small hit, if it's DMT, even a tiny bit will produce an effect very different from marijuana, but a very low dose of DMT is not going to be anything you can't handle, it would be little threshold.

Also if you take some of the liquid out, it will be extremely obvious as both drugs smell very distinct and very different from one another.

It is DMT :)

When I tried it the first time, a medium 2-3 second hit, I didn't really feel anything but I remembered the flavor of DMT. Next time I took 3 hits and all I experienced were some CEVs which lasted maybe 2 minutes. I'm not sure if my hits were not big enough or maybe DMT oil gets weaker with time - I've had it for a few months. I also wonder if the vaping tempereature matters, I assume it doesn't as it's already in some diluting oil, but I'm not sure... Will keep trying, thank you for helping, everyone!

DMT usually don't in liquide form as it fastly hydrolises.

DMT usually don't in liquide form as it fastly hydrolises.
I didn't know! But if the solvant is some kind of oil and has zero water, hydrolysis shouldn't be an issue, right? If course zero is never really zero so...

Like PG? First of all you should start by that, work out the nature of the solvent, maybe check if it boils rapidly?

So typically DMT carts are more liquidy inside, less viscous than a proper legit (not illicit) THC cart.

Also DMT carts are often fairly weak so you could take the tiniest pull and not trip out while still getting the taste to see which is which.

-GC