• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Weed not fun anymore

Alisarin

Greenlighter
So I've been smoking weed with irregular frequency for about two years now. I'm not a heavy smoker by a long shot, only gotten my blaze on maybe once a week, at most twice or three times a week but that's rare. It was all fun and good.

For a while now though, weed just hasn't been fun anymore.

I don't get any munchies, I don't feel good or relaxed. I just get tired, real stupid, it gets extremely hard to pee, and my body starts to hurt. The more I smoke the more it hurts. I know its not bad weed cause my roommates smoke from the same batch and they're having a great time. They're both heavier smokers than me.

The buds we've had lately have all been indicas or indica-dominant, so I'm thinking it might just be that I need a sativa instead, but I don't know. I'm also in a lot of stress right now because of my life situation, so that might be a reason as well.

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced anything similar, and if there's anything that can be done to get the old happy magic of weed back? I'll be taking a break from weed for a couple of weeks, perhaps months, to see if that'll make any difference.

I think the break you're taking is a really good idea. Personally, I've gotten to a point a couple times where weed wasn't much fun so I ended up stopping for 1-2 months. When I went back, things were better. I mean, I never get the real good-old-days (like in high school) back. But a break seems to help me.

I really doubt it's an issue of what strain you're getting. Sounds more like a mismatch between what weed offers and where your headspace is at right now.

Yeah, I think you're right.

I'm gonna quit my job soon, it's been causing me a whole lot of stress and pain both mental and physical so I think I'll stay away from weed until I'm out and clear from this environment. I'm hoping it's just the stress bringing me down, cause I've had a lot of lovely experiences with weed and I don't want the possibility and delight of more, similar experiences to be lost forever.

I'd quit for a month or two, honestly when I take a week or two long break I just come back and hit it that much harder because I missed it so much. A month+ might work better.

Up until you talked about the body pain, I literally could have written your post. So you're definitely not alone in that kind of experience.

I am on a break, feeling better off it anyway. Seems like I have more strength to deal with stressful things off it as well. My overall mood has improved. Trees flower when I draw near.

What I'm saying is, break is the way to go.

I took about a 3 month break up until about 3 weeks ago from smoking. I was a very heavy smoker for about 2 years. Multiple times a day every day. The first week was hard because I was so used to using it to go to sleep. After the first week I really didn’t even think about it and was content with not smoking. Found a good job and started smoking again and it definitely does make a difference. I don’t smoke nearly as frequently as I had been, but it’s good to smoke in a positive mindset with things looking up for me. A break would definitely be beneficial for you I think.

Hey Alisarin, don’t despair, your heart is guiding you on the right path! Before replying to your post I scrolled down aways and noticed several people advising you your choice to take a break is the right thing to do. I would tend to agree with them but maybe not for the same reasons. I chose this “downer” thread today because I was curious about all you poor folks complaining about weed and how it ain’t fun no mo! How could all you guys feel this way? Weed has been a source of refreshing, relaxing inspiration for me and always stimulating for my imagination and even sexually as well. But that’s just me and since you’re asking us all to play doctor here with you, I’ll play along.

First off, if you’re living in a country like Canada where I am, or the US where there are real certified Doctors who specialize in prescribing Cannabis as a treatment for various ailments, go see one. If you’re in a country that’s still persecuting Cannabis smokers, any doctor in one of these countries would agree with you and tell you smoking weed is of course bad for you. In either case, see your doctor anyway because what you’re asking us, is really a question for a good open-minded qualified doctor.

But you are really connected to your heart and common sense (which ain’t really that common!) and they’re both telling you to take a break, so listen to yourself first. Take a break! I’ve never heard of anyone’s body “hurting” after a toke so when you say you are hurting from smoking what your roomies are smoking, than you’re right to just stop.

Marijuana effects everyone differently. Just because your roomies get off on it, doesn’t mean you automatically have to too. You also say they’re heavy smokers and heavy Cannabis smokers can even enjoy bad weed! And the strain has nothing to do with it either because one strain of certified Medical marijuana that’s grown organically with no chemical pesticides or fertilizers can still effect two different people completely differently!

Your situation is the key. You’re going through awful bad times now you say, and my heart goes out to you. We’ve all been there from time to time as no one’s life is perfect, so the first thing you must do is get out of your situation. Get into a better place. Remove the major stresses in your life that are making you feel bad in the first place.

Any good weed will MAGNIFY your feelings whether you’re feeling good or bad in general. Good weed is like good LSD and will intensify whatever you’re feeling first before you take it. Good weed is just a lot milder than good LSD—they are both feeling RELEASING drugs. Alcohol on the other hand, just for the sake of comparison is a FEELING SUPPRESSANT so no matter how you feel before getting drunk, excess alcohol will still make a good feeling person miserable.

So remove first the toxic stresses in your life.

My guess is, that AFTER you’ve removed the toxic stresses in your life the weed you’ve been smoking now will still make you feel like shit. So don’t go back and try it just to see if I’m right. If once you’ve removed the major stresses in your life, and you’re feeling good in general again, and have no craving for getting high off weed, then just stay away from it. But if you do want to try some good Cannabis once your life is back on track then buy some good certified government licensed weed—and don’t get it off of your roomies! If weed of any kind is still illegal in your country and you can’t buy good Medical Marijuana legally, get it from a good underground black market source you can trust.

I could be licensed to grow but I’m not because I hate any government and don’t trust mine! I’m a big illegal black market grower and anyone around here will tell you I grow the best pot around. I grow all organic in organically fertilized soil or coco and wish I could send you some of mine but of course I’d never take the chance shipping it over seas and getting both you and me in big trouble.

So if you wanna smoke weed after taking a long vacation from it, find it from a source you can trust.

But get your life straightened out first my friend! And I believe your good common sense is forcing you to do just that!

Starting out on a whole new life adventure is not as hard and scary as you may think. You I urge you to just WALK AWAY from the life that is making you miserable. Start you’re own business or get a new job in something you love doing even if the pay is low. Once you get good at doing what you love, you can always earn top dollar once you’re there!

And back to your weed problem: my guess is that the weed you’ve been smoking is BAD.

But not for the reason you may think!

NEWS FLASH: Many big commercial licensed growers here, use automatic trimmers that have blades to trim their buds. One of my friends works for a big auto-trimming machine company even though he would never use one of their trimming machines with blades. These trimming machines with blades STRIP the Buds of their natural crystals and CBD’s and our stupid government here is actually promoting their licensed commercial growers to use them! When a beautiful Bud is stripped of it’s crystals and CBD healthy substances with a bladed auto-trimmer you are not only going to get an inferior high if you’re already susceptible like you are, you could even get on a BAD TRIP! All those auto trimmers that use blades leave microscopic metal shavings in the weed and when they are smoked or even heated in a vaporizer these toxic heavy metals get into your system and make you sick! Of course there are no studies out yet to prove what I’m saying and your government and these bladed trimming machines would never admit it, but there it is! That’s why all my customers love my product and I’ve never had one complaint: not only because I grow 100% organically, but I use Tom’s Tumble Trimmers that don’t have blades and trim naturally, leaving all Buds intact with all their sticky crystals and CBD’s in full healing force giving me and all my happy customers a beautiful wickedly healthy HIGH!

So do what’s right by you Ali, and stop smoking for now and CHANGE YOUR LIFE FOR THE BETTER! Once you do and you want to try the Ganja, do your research first and find a source you can trust that sells all organic, naturally trimmed Bud and get back that good old High School “Spicolie” High you used to enjoy!

Hey I had a problem like this that honestly was worse that I solved, not to elevate myself but please read through and hear me out.

I was a 3-4 time per week smoker for awhile. I"ve been with it on and off for years and I have a lot of stories to tell but here's one. I quit smoking weed for just over 5 months one time a few years ago and then I started again one night, first high in over five months. I smoked some supposedly 'dank glue.' My brothers are hardheads with weed so I thought for sure after five months, this shit would knock me on my ass. I smoked it and the high was very mellow. I was honestly pretty shocked because normally it only takes me 2-3 good hits and I'm flying, but this was just such a bland almost non-existent dysphoric high. I felt it strong for about twenty minutes and it was as if I hadn't quit for five months. THis was really dank apparently.

Next day I tried a different strain, same thing, a dysphoric almost non-existent high. It wasn't anything like what I'd remembered. I found out, the reason was because I was smoking indica dominant and it was nothing like the sativa highs I was remembering. So I fucked around with three different indica hybrids for a few weeks and was very dissatisfied overall and had almost no joy in the highs. I even tried one sativa that was supposedly very good but it was the same type of thing, just made me tired, bored and hungry. I was frustrated because I'd started after five months, expecting ass kicking highs and couldn't tell what was going on. I thought I'd developed some tolerance from NOT smoking. I thought my cannabinoid system had changed in a way that I was way more resistant.

I decided to quit for another 8 days. I didn't touch green, then I smoked again on the eighth night and got BLASTED. To this day I don't know the science behind this strange phenomenon. I got ALOT higher that first time in a week then I did first time in five months. It was a far shot from the boring highs I'd recently experienced. This was overwhelming in every way. I was so blasted I couldn't even sit down. I had to pace around in my room for an hour, tripping nuts, almost wishing the high would end. If someone has ever experienced a weird phenomenon like this then please report. But anyway, you're on track with a break. It really doesn't have to be longer then a week. Any 'tolerance' issues I develop as of recently usually decrease significantly with even a day or two total abstinence.

Bottom line you might want to re-jump start. For whatever reason at first after so long it didn't work very well at all and as stated above I smoked for a few weeks before deciding to take another break, which reset everything completely. I might guess that the reason I was resistant after such a long break was the same reason people don't typically get high the first time they smoke. They sort of have to 'break it in' if that makes sense.

Well, after a one and a half month break, I smoked yesterday.

Unfortunately, it was just like how it used to be before the break. It was pleasant for a few minutes at the start but quickly got back into the same slow, uncomfortable sluggishness from before. I have no idea why this happens but it's really no fun

I'm thinking now that it could be possible that it's simply set and setting that's causing me to feel this way, since I think these feelings to weed coincides with me moving in with my roommates to our apartment, and that every time we smoke we do literally the same damn things every time. It's gotten really boring. I'm gonna go at least a week before I smoke again next time, and when I do I'm gonna try to have some various activities planned to not end up just sitting around staring at the walls.

I think that maybe I smoked too much yesterday as well. We use vaporizers and it seems like all I need is just one modest hit to get where I want to be so I gotta remember that and not get carried away.

Still, it's no fun that this happens. I've had a lot of good times with weed, and it's really unfortunate that it's lost its charm so dramatically.

^Maybe just have a smoke late at night and lie down listening to music while you feel all heavy and tired? Personally, I love that feeling :)

In my teens I was a heavy stoner and felt great most of the time.
Munchies were awesome, uncontrollable laughing, made me more social and talkative, relaxed my body, introspective thinking.

Over time, when I turned maybe 18 it stopped being fun. Just made me anxious and depressed, overthink everything, made me dislike my boyfriend while stoned lol. I thought sex was disgusting and love didn't exist, and I couldn't handle being high alone.
So despite not really wanting to because I still loved ~smoking~, I stopped. I smoked once last year while drinking thinking maybe it would be different this time, and it just made me as anxious as ever, haven't smoked since but I love when others smoke around me.
Makes me sad now that it's so accessible and I can't smoke. I thought I'd try eating an edible again since it's a different experience, haven't had the chance yet.

Our brain chemistry changes over time. I can use cannabis with no problem. Some other people can't or simply grow tired of it.

If it is a matter of taking a break, I would go for a solid 6 months then slowly re introduce it. Maybe whomever had a bad experience with it. Now that pot, weed, cannabis, etc is becoming more and more main stream, it is easier to actually find out what type of cannabis you are getting.

That being said, it will always be just fine not wanting to touch cannabis. There is no shame in that.

I will suggest before whomever decides to write it off entirely, to realize now there are are many types and ways to use cannabis.

My absolute favorite are the beginner dose packs from Colorado. They have a limit of 100mg THC per pack.
The beginner packs have 10 pieces of candy @ 10mg each. 1 piece will be strong enough to feel something, but not too strong.

That was an example.

There are Indicas, Sativas and Hybrids.

I'm not trying to melt anyones brain here, but now a days, you actually have a selection. Most serious heads will be able to give you a wiki explanation about what they have.

Again, to whom this may concern, if your done, great. Absolutly no shame in that. Most tokers respect that. More for them ;).

Just remember, there soon will be numerous choices for anyone to try. Cannabis that stimulates, cannabis that puts you to sleep, and good old medicinal, that depending on the type you get, is down right boring mentally, but will (subjectively)
take those aches and pains away, that pharma drugs cannot do, or have addictive properties, etc.

If I was talking directly to a person who seriously didn't want to use cannabis anymore for any reason, I would say,

take a nice long break. Forget about it. When medical comes to town and you have budtenders that know enough about the medicine, talk to them for the fun of it. Tell them your story. If they can't tell you there is medicine for you, then it's a wrap.

That is IMO. By the way, using cannabis medicinally is mentally different then recreationally. It's all in your head!!

Just a couple days does me or even smoking spliffs and laying off the pipe as the pipe can rock up ya tolerance trust me instead of smoking as soon as your up try waiting until nighttime or when you've been doing stuff and got everything done but nothing is better than a good old break I'm just to calm addicted for that I could do it I know I could but I just don't want to as I still get satisfactory high.

every time we smoke we do literally the same damn
I'm noticing a pattern where you seem to only be using with other, heavier smokers.

Why not stop using with your friends and try to take one small hit by yourself---take your time, do what YOU want. If that doesn't work, maybe it's not for you?