• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Weed (/mdma) and Anxiety

Matt123

Bluelighter
Hi guys,

just wanted to see of any other people experience this/get people's 2 cents

Gonna try to keep this short;
I used to be a heavy agoraphobic in the past. At my worst period I was homelocked for about 5 months. During this period I would smoke weed daily (I smoked almost daily for about 6 years)

This was about a year ago.

Right now I'm doing pretty fine, especially when looking back to how bad it used to be. I have forced myself to face my fears through exposure and therapy.

I barely smoke weed anymore but when I do I experience increased anxiety for at least 4 days after smoking. Is this a common thing for others as well ?

I also notice after taking (a decent amount of) XTC, I need at least a week to recover from anxiety related problems and moodiness. It does depend on the amount taken tho.

So what do you guys think ? Should I quit smoking weed altogether ? What do you think about the XTC ? (I use XTC once every 2-3 months)

On a sidenote; I get 20 mgs dextroamphetamine prescribed that I take one day a week.

Any opinion is welcome =]

Really? are you really asking if you should quit smoking weed and XTC altogether after your homelocked life.
Read your own post pretending it is from anyone else. What you instantly say.
Ex: "I´m using coke for the past 6 years everyday, I´m paranoid and crazy. Should I stop? Or should I add it with meth.
You see I´m not sure .. "
That might help you get started. Sorry I sound bitter but come on..

@ Erikmen

To clarify, at this time i do not use weed regularly, I smoke up about once every month or 2. My question is if I should drop it completely, and if enyone alse experiences anxiety (weed related) and to share their experiences

Weed makes me anxious. It did not used to have that effect on me. If you use it so eventually I don´t think you would need to drop it completely. Good luck!

Well honestly it would be hard for anyone to gauge how severe the anxiety is for you and if it's just not worth it to keep smoking. That's all up to you to decide.

Is it worth the added stress???

Have you tried eating it instead? That may help cut down the anxiety due to the non-sudden onset. Mind you, you said that the anxiety comes AFTER soooo.. this may not apply.
Personally marijuana helps my anxiety/depression/mood swings so I can't relate much to those who experience cannabis induced anxiety. I think it's only happened to me a handful of times and it presents itself more-so as trivial paranoia/jitters but not full blown anxiety/panic

Matt, I don't think that smoking once every few months is a bad thing so long as it doesn't become progressively habitual and eventually turning into a daily thing as it could easily. Weed is often linked with anxiety, but that is extremely mild use for weed. Personally I'd be more concerned about your use of mdma every few months. Speaking from personal experience, that isn't a sustainable habit even in that time frame. MDMA is a very heavy drug and you should look deeper into it's effects and side effects. It was years back when I used it but I remember reading something like it takes your brain a minimum of 2-4 weeks to return to normal levels. It might have been 1-2 months- you would be better off in the MDMA threads on this site for more info on that. I think the "safe" amount of mdma is once a year maximum and not habitually every year. Seriously, MDMA is no joke- people give themselves life long problems in one night sometimes. My dealer ended up quitting when his stutter became unbearable and impossible to cover up.

as far as 20 mg of adderall once a week... I don't know much about the subject other than I really like adderall but it's bad. It always gave me anxiety and I always felt like it gave me a comedown similar to mdma. Never felt quite right the next day or two. It is a stimulant tho, and imo sort of crazy that doctors prescribe it. You could ask around in the Other Drugs section, there are a lot of people on this site who have experience with it. It is a drug, rx or not, so be safe and try to keep your future in mind. It is you who will have to deal with the long term consequences after all. :)