• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Weed makes me stupid

LostAtomsk

Bluelighter
Not funny stupid, just useless stupid. I can be ad-rem, weed just turns me into a potato. I can't keep track of a conversation, I become lethargic and uneasy.
I get strange temperature sensations: mostly I get very cold hands and feet, sometimes I just get way too hot.

Colors are a bit more vibrant, but my mind feels like a hola-hoop cascading awkwardly around my head.

Am I just not enjoying this like everyone else, or is weed just not for me?
I've tried several strains (don't remember, though) that come from coffeeshops, so I guess I'm not doing any crap qualities.

I've several other narcotics (lsd, salvia, mdma, nitrous) and thoroughly enjoyed them. What gives?

I have purchased top quality weed from medical dispensaries and still felt exactly how you felt tbh. Every once and a while if I take a mighty long tolerance break the euphoria and mind blowing feeling that weed is "supposed" to give me comes back for a few days or so, but then I'm right back at square one. My plug tells me the strains and I have noticed that some are far better than others, but with the cost... I'm better off just tripping once or twice a week on something else imo.

What really works for me if good weed starts feeling shitty.. Switching over to edibles for a bit. However those are also a bit pricey where I am from and I just don't have the time/skill to make it myself. Lol.

I hate that lethargic feeling. �� As someone who is a speed freak, I hate feeling lazy and dumb during conversation.

Don't really know how to help, but I can definitely relate. ��

I have purchased top quality weed from medical dispensaries and still felt exactly how you felt tbh. Every once and a while if I take a mighty long tolerance break the euphoria and mind blowing feeling that weed is "supposed" to give me comes back for a few days or so, but then I'm right back at square one. My plug tells me the strains and I have noticed that some are far better than others, but with the cost... I'm better off just tripping once or twice a week on something else imo.

What really works for me if good weed starts feeling shitty.. Switching over to edibles for a bit. However those are also a bit pricey where I am from and I just don't have the time/skill to make it myself. Lol.

I hate that lethargic feeling. ? As someone who is a speed freak, I hate feeling lazy and dumb during conversation.

Don't really know how to help, but I can definitely relate. ?
It helps to relate! :) It's funny how it's not at all a gateway drug for me, since I tried it and went straight to psychs instead.
I can't say I'm a speed freak, but I hate that my brain slows down to a drooling drawl. It's a negative thing for me.

What do you trip on one/twice a week if I can be so curious? That's a short interval.

Sounds like you may have only had indica strains. Those give you the downer type feelings you describe and yes can slow you down a bit. Before giving up on weed you should seek out a strong sativa. Those are more euphoric and stimulating. I can actually get too stimulated if I'm not careful. Sativas allow you to get stuff done, can be very creative even. Indicas will turn you into a sloth. Best for night time.

the same thing happens to me. I took a long break from it because it was not enjoyable. I have burned it here and there (maybe 5-7 times) and each time i felt like a "space cadet". I couldn't focus on conversation and just felt out of it the whole time. the herb has always been great quality and its the same effect for me with indica, sativas, and hybrids. It affects everyone differently but it is just not good for me anymore. much <3

weed makes me a lot slower as well.. i think it's just the nature of the beast.. ;)

I hate that lethargic feeling. ? As someone who is a speed freak, I hate feeling lazy and dumb during conversation.

Don't really know how to help, but I can definitely relate. ?

That sluggish feeling, lazy and dumb during conversation feeling is such a drag. I really have to watch how much weed I smoke because of this.. if I smoke just a little bit I will hit the physics books or whatever and be fine, not have any trouble with short or long term memory and I find it mentally stimulating and creative. Indica sativa whatever doesn't matter so much to me. I usually stop after a puff or two in order to avoid this, and then wait at least a good few hours, because who likes not being able to concentrate.

I end up switching from smoking to dabs to edibles in a rotation. This year, I have been learning how to make edibles and getting better each time. It's a learning process to get everything perfect. But I think that the burnout feeling, is not just from the smoke itself. It can definitely happen from the THC and I think it happens more if you consume larger amounts of THC. I quit for 3 years and I used to get burnt out every time back then, come to think of it I was perpetually burnt out and that's why I quit, but now I never get burnt out anymore because I simply don't use as much. I always knew that but I had to learn self control.

Weed just may not be for you. It is highly subjective what you will like when it comes to drugs. I used to love pot, but I started becoming paranoid very easily from any amount. I absolutely love cocaine and heroin speedballs (a little too much...twas why I quit) with benzos.

Basically what I am saying is it takes all kinds from all walks of life. If you do not like something, don't do it.

I would highly suggest trying maybe not as strong pot, or only taking one hit and seeing how that does you before you give up on this. Sometimes it doesn't hit me immediately and I end up overdoing when I do do it.

Yeah, cannabinoïds are slightly anticholinergic. Some people find that acetylcholinesterase-inhibitors, or choline supplements help to fight the foggyness. I've no experience with those substances so i couldn't tell you whether it realy works. I do have experience with MAOI's and cannabis though, and i find that MAOI's 1-increase the effects of cannabis, and 2-cause the effects to be less lethargic. MAOI's increase levels of dopamine, so they may not realy help against the slight amnesiac effects, but they do make cannabis more stimulating and euphoric.

Yeah, cannabinoïds are slightly anticholinergic. Some people find that acetylcholinesterase-inhibitors, or choline supplements help to fight the foggyness. I've no experience with those substances so i couldn't tell you whether it realy works. I do have experience with MAOI's and cannabis though, and i find that MAOI's 1-increase the effects of cannabis, and 2-cause the effects to be less lethargic. MAOI's increase levels of dopamine, so they may not realy help against the slight amnesiac effects, but they do make cannabis more stimulating and euphoric.

That is some great advice. I like to smoke, but I never do anymore because of the reasons I listed below. I am on a course of hep c treatment which causes me to be sick, and nauseated and I am interested in the anti nausea and appetite enhancement cannabis offers. I have lost at least ten pounds so far in six weeks. The problem is I get paranoia and intense anxiety (to the point of panic attacks) on pretty much all pot. Is there anything I can do about this, or a strain that would prevent this but still give me the appetite/take away nausea?

That is some great advice. I like to smoke, but I never do anymore because of the reasons I listed below. I am on a course of hep c treatment which causes me to be sick, and nauseated and I am interested in the anti nausea and appetite enhancement cannabis offers. I have lost at least ten pounds so far in six weeks. The problem is I get paranoia and intense anxiety (to the point of panic attacks) on pretty much all pot. Is there anything I can do about this, or a strain that would prevent this but still give me the appetite/take away nausea?
I deal with appetite and nausea problems regularly because of my cachexia. THC and THCA both combat this really well for me and the little amount of study done on THCA shows that it does have the same or similar medical benefits (treating nausea and appetite) as THC without the psychoactive effects.

With that said, if you can get your hands on some fresh (literally right off the plant) buds then you will be in good shape (just don't smoke it or heat it!). They also make THCA patches for trans dermal use if you have access to medical or recreational weed.

Sounds like you may have only had indica strains.

This.

I try my best to avoid indicas because they make me feel dopey and stoned while sativas enrich and enhance my thoughts and creativity. They really are worlds apart for me. Don't believe people who say "weed is weed".

This.

I try my best to avoid indicas because they make me feel dopey and stoned while sativas enrich and enhance my thoughts and creativity. They really are worlds apart for me. Don't believe people who say "weed is weed".

This guy is right about weed being weed is incorrect.. the effects range massively so you really have to seek different strains to really embrace and experience them else u will have a negative opinion of weed when you've only tried some weak ass mids shake indica!

I used to feel stupid from weed when I smoke too much at one time. I know it sucks. I would recomend trying a different drug.