• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Weed & Learning/education

Zenoe

Greenlighter
Just wanted to start a thread about weed and education. I'm at uni in the second year, smoke about 5 nights a week, sometimes 2/2.5g in a night sometimes only 1 or 2 joints with my girlfriend. Side effects are defintely a lack of concentration but apart from that i don't feel like my works effected. Don't actually smoke a very high amount tho.

Anyone had any bad or negative experiences with smoking too much, worried I should cut down for my grades sake

If you're worried you should then give it a try. No need to consume more cannabis than you really need. I did just fine smoking in college but I regulated my usage when need be.

Less is more IMO when i comes to smoking dope and trying to study

shit, i study more now than i ever did in school. progressdefinitely feels slower while on herb but herb fucks with your sense of time so i started keeping track of all my time stoned and sober until i got the stoned time down to the sober time and now i study real good. only problem is by the time i finish learning something i forgot why i even started learning it.

i wouldn't smoke weed when i'm trynna study. i do have a friend that does everything high and he's actually very smart. weed doesn't hinder anything in his life. if you are like this then sure but if you are unsure then it sounds like you're just looking for a reason to get high.

study then reward yourself with a smoke :).

personally weed doesn't affect my grades but it affects my ability to study.

Probably not a popular opinion but I think it hinders learning. Personally I don't see how it could not with the way in which it impacts the brain, particularly the way in which short term memories are formed.

I'm not saying one can't learn something when they are stoned, but that ones ability to learn new things would be greater if sober. We are all different, sure, and to which degree one is effected and how that will play out in life will vary. One thing that does not change.. everyone(as far as I know) will get "stoned" if they inhale cannabis smoke. We are all different, yes, but only to a degree. We are all human.

When i smoke during the week and not only on the weekends i become so fucked that its almost impossible to work. I cant pay attention to anything. I forget what i wanted to say while i speak a sentence and when someone talks to me about a certain topic i cant remember what they are refering to.

On the other hand i know some people that smoke daily and dont have any adverse effects. I guess it just strongly depends on the person.

The only thing I've really stopped for good vis-a-vis weed & school is getting high right before tests. That's never a good idea for me personally, as I overthink questions and get writers block. But otherwise no, it hasn't really had a noticable effect on my memory or ability to learn.

If you want to impair those consume a steady diet of methamphetamine and heroin (as I know all too well) :(