• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Weed is weird asf for me..

idkwhattoput

Greenlighter
I haven't smoked in like 9 months because I can't get it really, but I like it. I've only smoked like 6 or more times so far and I never have gotten euphoria.
Instead, I get practical trips..like psychedelics. The first two times I smoked were sour diesel, then after that it was green crack, then bubblegum kush once. No euphoria, I just have crazy visuals and auditory stuff. It's cool, but I just don't get why I don't get euphoria. I always zero hits and take huge hits and I smoke a lot when I do because I rarely get the chance to. The first two times I smoked from a blunt and a joint. After that it was pipe and what I dislike about pipes is how much it burns my throat. It is impossible to not cough when smoking from a pipe and I end up sounding like one of those tryhards that coughs from the tiniest hits. Pipes seem to have more effect tho, either that or I got better at zeroing hits. I see tons and tons of patterns when closing my eyes, tons of colors in my vision and it's as if I'm isolated in my own world, but everything is active and crazy at the same time. I have a crazy imagination when smoking and I like to put myself in crazy scenarios where I can control what's going on around me in my head and really feel like I'm in these scenarios. I also realize a lot. And my hearing is weird. When I speak to people I constantly ask "did I say that outloud?" because my hearing becomes weird and makes it sound like my speech is just in my head, as if its just my thoughts or something. I wasn't sure if I should put this in trip reports or not because I'm more of just curious as to WHY I don't get normal effects. If it has to do with what I'm smoking, how I'm smoking, how much I'm smoking, tolerance, or whatever. idk, I'm weird.

Honestly everything you described is strange indeed.. How vivid were the visual and audible effects? Are we talking full on fractals and visuals such as LSD or something else?

In many many years of smoking everything along the entire spectrum I've never experienced anything remotely close to what you've described with maybe a small exception on the auditory hallucinations. It almost makes me wonder if there was some sort of impurity within the plant itself from whomever grew it.

Interested in hearing the level of intensity on all this.

Honestly everything you described is strange indeed.. How vivid were the visual and audible effects? Are we talking full on fractals and visuals such as LSD or something else?

In many many years of smoking everything along the entire spectrum I've never experienced anything remotely close to what you've described with maybe a small exception on the auditory hallucinations. It almost makes me wonder if there was some sort of impurity within the plant itself from whomever grew it.

Interested in hearing the level of intensity on all this.

In 1986, I was at a friend's house, smoking in the basement by myself listening to Alan Parsons Project - and it was the first time smoking Thai something or other. The lights were off, but I could have sworn that musical notes were flowing out of the speaker and had become visible and touchable. Well, something like that has happened a few times since then; sometimes it was enjoable and a few times it was uncomfortable. That was when I was a once/twice a month smoker. Pretty much all psychedelic. Now it's euphoria and relief of medical symptoms.

I was such an irregular smoker that it always hit hard. Now I'm medical and actually enjoy it and get euphoria.

Tom

In 1986, I was at a friend's house, smoking in the basement by myself listening to Alan Parsons Project - and it was the first time smoking Thai something or other. The lights were off, but I could have sworn that musical notes were flowing out of the speaker and had become visible and touchable. Well, something like that has happened a few times since then; sometimes it was enjoable and a few times it was uncomfortable. That was when I was a once/twice a month smoker. Pretty much all psychedelic. Now it's euphoria and relief of medical symptoms.

I was such an irregular smoker that it always hit hard. Now I'm medical and actually enjoy it and get euphoria.

Tom

I believe there is a strain called Thai, one of the few I haven't tried due to it's availability in the great north. Given that you were an irregular smoker and it's pure sativa I suppose that it actually does make quite a bit of sense that sort of thing could happen. The whole auditory effect you described seems to somewhat match up with OP but I think we'll need some more info from him to see what was really going on. Interesting though, I may have to do some searching for that particular strain. I've experienced similar kind of feelings when listening to music, especially in the dark but just never to that sort of level.

On another note do you recall which Alan parsons song you were listening to? They happened to come on my shuffle shortly after reading your post and i'm merely curious in an effort to imitate what you were describing.

Mac

Tom

I think tolerance or lack thereof is what causes these psychedelic effects.

It was I Robot and Tales of Mystery & Imagination

drscience; unquestionably it was due to low tolerance and Sativa strength. At that point in time, I was a starving grad student and 1/4 had to last for ~2 months.

Tom

OP: if you decide to repeat the experience and desire a less-intense ride, go for only a single toke, or maybe even two, and then wait a few minutes to gauge effects. The quality and quantity of product you're smoking likely plays a part in the overt OEVs and mindfuck scenarios, but they are far from unheard-of.

I've experienced similar effects on MUCH lesser quality of weed back in my novel smoking days. Sometimes it's circumstantial; I remember being at a friend's band practice and listening to them play, stoned of course, and the LOUD pulse-pounding nature of the music helped propel a full-fledged hallucinatory ride where I stared entranced at the carpet and watched surreal cartoony shapes appear and morph into each other for hours. That's only one off the top of my head, but they tend to be more prominent early on in your cannabis career. If you don't desire those effects, don't ingest or ingest MUCH less.

(holy shit that last line rhymed; I'm a poet and didn't realize it)

I used to have this problem too. The way I see it, weed has two different types of high, and there is a different way to access each of them. The first high, of weed as a psychedelic, occurs when you smoke weed not on a regular basis. If you're only smoking once or twice a week, or less than that, you will experience a very trippy psychedelic high. I actually love the weed trip, but it's too paranoid for me to enjoy socially. Sometimes I go on two-week long tolerance breaks and then get a day on my own at home with some munchies, music, movies and video games and pack bowls of strong Sativa all day long to really trip off the weed.

The other high, which is the one that people usually talk about, is far more euphoric and social, and less trippy and anxious. This is the high you get when you smoke weed daily or almost daily. It's better with indicas for this IMO. Not only does your tolerance increase with daily use, as in it takes more weed to get higher, but the high itself is changed even when you do get very very high. It's a lot more like being just stoned, with very little trippy effects.

I love both :)

Tom

That sounds awesome! I used to love the psychedelic effects I would get from smoking Sativas or hybrids. I too would see music or actually feel it. Trainwreck worked well for this, as did listening to Tom Waits.

I think it has a lot to do with tolerance and experience. Back when I first started or even just when I haven't smoked in awhile weeds effects are always stronger. With time I learned how to control myself/the high a lot better though. There were times where it was really trippy and got stuck in my own world like you described, times when it gave me incredible anxiety and times when I just got the chill euphoric type of high. What I found was that it all really depended what I focused on. I can still get panic attacks on weed if I focus on ideas that freak me out, and I can still kinda trip out like you described if I focus too hard on all the little strange effects weed causes. But most of the time I just wanna be in the euphoric part. And I found it best to not really focus on the high to do that, but to focus on just living life. Like say I'm hanging out, smoking, watching a movie with some good food then I just focus on all of that. I pay attention to the movie, enjoy my food and just enjoy the moment in general. Its all about being present and just letting the weed do its thing without trying to control it. I personally believe it all really depends on mindset. I mean this is all personal experience though so I don't even know if this is really gonna make any sense, but I hope it does lol.

I think it has a lot to do with tolerance and experience. Back when I first started or even just when I haven't smoked in awhile weeds effects are always stronger. With time I learned how to control myself/the high a lot better though. There were times where it was really trippy and got stuck in my own world like you described, times when it gave me incredible anxiety and times when I just got the chill euphoric type of high. What I found was that it all really depended what I focused on. I can still get panic attacks on weed if I focus on ideas that freak me out, and I can still kinda trip out like you described if I focus too hard on all the little strange effects weed causes. But most of the time I just wanna be in the euphoric part. And I found it best to not really focus on the high to do that, but to focus on just living life. Like say I'm hanging out, smoking, watching a movie with some good food then I just focus on all of that. I pay attention to the movie, enjoy my food and just enjoy the moment in general. Its all about being present and just letting the weed do its thing without trying to control it. I personally believe it all really depends on mindset. I mean this is all personal experience though so I don't even know if this is really gonna make any sense, but I hope it does lol.

Very very good point. If you get anxiety and panic attacks from weed, or even anxiety in general, mindfulness is a very good skill to learn. Honestly practicing mindfulness has changed my life. I believe it's the number one route to eliminating anxiety and self doubt. I only discovered it about a month and a half ago but it has already had a significant impact on reducing my anxiety while both high and sober (particularly social anxiety) and I'm still getting better at it. If you don't know what mindfulness is you should Google it, but basically the way I see it is training your brain to be less self-conscious. Extreme self-awareness is what makes us human and it is the key to a powerful intelligent mind, but it also gives huge power to your anxieties. Get out of your own head and focus on the moment, get into your animal brain and operate without questioning yourself every second of every day.you will begin to enjoy life more.

The first time I smoked, (I was 11, WAY TOO YOUNG) and many times after that, I had very similar effects to what your describing.

The only difference for me was I was very euphoric and laughing like a baboon =D

I think its likely a variety of factors. Keep in mind that drugs work a little differently for everyone simply based on your brain chemistry,
and like a lot of other people are saying, the high more commonly described is one acquired with tolerance. The effects of marijuana were VERY intense for me when I started, even to the point of paranoia and hallucinations.

If you enjoy these psychedelic effects, reap the benefits because they wont last as you gain experience with Marijuana . But if your looking for a more relaxed high try smoking a little less and giving it 10 or 15, youd be amazed what one hit can do with little tolerance!
Good luck :)

I'd only been using medical weed from a Canadian licensed producer for 3 days, all without incident - on the 4th day I used a bong for the first time, otherwise I'd been using a cheap pipe to titrate up. It had me absolutely floored for 2 hours; most of it spent on the couch. Moving caused nausea because every step became an amplified echo that I could hear from several different locations and that really disoriented me. I found it very hard to walk because movement caused noise : So I just curled up and waited for it to pass (I knew it would); at 2 hours it was like a switch had been flipped and I was sober.

This was completely like edibles (I've had up to 300 +/- 50 mg). Reason? Tolerance very low after a long break combined with a strong Sativa.

Tom