• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Weed is ruined for me, and I want it back:

joeyapollo

Greenlighter
OK, last summer, I experienced about three extremely intense 'trips' from cannabis. I only ever smoked it in a joint and with tobacco. The first time it happened, I got really panicky and on-edge... also scared to the point I was ready to call an ambulance. The second time was after smoking a small joint, and I was again, really anxious. Third time... I don't know what kind of weed it was but it got me really messed up and I couldn't think straight, dizzy, anxious, heightened senses, warped time etc.) The first two bad trips though, I believe I was smoking cheese... but you never know.

Anyway - my past bad experiences have put me off smoking weed since then, and it's been almost two years. I'm really desperate to start smoking again, because for the majority of the time, I really enjoyed it... but these trips happened quite close together.. which made me think that weed wasn't for me. However, now I have access to weed which I *know* the strains of, which leads me to my question for you guys... which strains do you recommend are more easy to deal with, possibly less intense. And also, if you have any other advice in regards to preventing these kind of trips, and stopping them. I also have access to Alprazolam, and I've heard taking .5 - 1MG stops a bad trip in it's tracks...

Thanks! =D

It sounds like you are smoking way too much at once, and don't have a tolerance.

If you keep smoking more often you will get used to being high, or just learn to work through when you get anxiety or panic attacks while stoned.

I would not use benzos, as they're addictive. Some people find Sativa/Sativa hybrids to give them more anxiety than Indica/Indica hybrids do. Good luck. Maybe try vaporizing it? Some people find vaping to be more mellow than smoking.

I would agree with PriestTheyCalledHim. Take a couple tokes and see how you feel. How were you feeling before you smoked? The mood i'm in before smoking will have an effect on the high especially with sativa's it's like it enhances whatever im feeling good or bad

You could also try to look into edibles. If they're not too high-dosed they should produce a more mellow high than smoking

^ Even low doses of edibles are generally much stronger than smoking, and you cannot titrate the dose. The high lasts much longer too.

Regarding bad trips, sugar is good at stopping them. Eat a chocolate bar or drink a smoothie.

^ Even low doses of edibles are generally much stronger than smoking, and you cannot titrate the dose. The high lasts much longer too.

Regarding bad trips, sugar is good at stopping them. Eat a chocolate bar or drink a smoothie.
Yeah it's true that they are relatively stronger. However for me the high is different as well, more mellow with much less anxiety and tension, which could prove useful for the OP. He needs to watch his dose should he try this indeed

try a nice 1:1 cbd to thc or an even high cbd ratio strain and the panic attacks/paranoia will def decrease i use a 18:1 cbd to thc strain and it works wonders not a super nasty high just right and no more panic or paranoia i would get from higher thc strains

Micro-dosing in a vaporizer might work for you. A temperature adjustable one would be best because you can experiment with the vape range for a different spectrum of high.

Take note though that if you chose to do this; vaping can be much more potent but also more clear headed. Start with a very small amount. Say 50mg - 100mg (wee pinch)

I certainly recommend pacing yourself and maybe using a one-hitter. That way you can tell when you're getting too high.

Would you mind telling me which strain has this ratio please?
i currently have some acdc
also valentine x, Charlotte webs among many others but a good 1:1 like harliquen, cannatonic i tried cbd crews critical cure and it was good
find a good 1:! cbd to thc or an even higher cbd ratio and you cant go wrong smoke/vape a small amount when dealing with a 1:1 if needed smoke some more
but it really is a thin line you can easily get high off your ass if not careful

OK, last summer, I experienced about three extremely intense 'trips' from cannabis. I only ever smoked it in a joint and with tobacco. The first time it happened, I got really panicky and on-edge... also scared to the point I was ready to call an ambulance. The second time was after smoking a small joint, and I was again, really anxious. Third time... I don't know what kind of weed it was but it got me really messed up and I couldn't think straight, dizzy, anxious, heightened senses, warped time etc.) The first two bad trips though, I believe I was smoking cheese... but you never know.

Anyway - my past bad experiences have put me off smoking weed since then, and it's been almost two years. I'm really desperate to start smoking again, because for the majority of the time, I really enjoyed it... but these trips happened quite close together.. which made me think that weed wasn't for me. However, now I have access to weed which I *know* the strains of, which leads me to my question for you guys... which strains do you recommend are more easy to deal with, possibly less intense. And also, if you have any other advice in regards to preventing these kind of trips, and stopping them. I also have access to Alprazolam, and I've heard taking .5 - 1MG stops a bad trip in it's tracks...

Thanks! =D

Be careful with alprazolam, the body can become dependent upon it in a very short amount of time and cause you to experience withdraws, which can be life threatening. If you don't take it regularly I would say .25-.5 would be enough IME, unless it is an extremely bad panic attack. Also, IME while coming off alprazolam, smoking was highly hallucinogenic and panic/anxiety inducing. I would recommend staying away, personally.

Really though, if you do choose to go back to smoking, which given your background I wouldn't recommend, I would say to take very small doses, like one small hit at a time and ride it out. Panic attacks are commonly associated with a lower tolerance and a high dose, for some they do seem a bit random though. Personally I think environment and current stress levels play a large role in the outcome of the high, but that is just from my own personal experience.

Also maybe try a less THC heavy strain and find one that has higher CBD levels. This may be somewhat impossible due to your location.. but CBD tends to be more calming/relaxing and THC tends to be more psychedelic/energizing.