• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Weed is nicer with a tolerance

Ganj

Bluelighter
For almost 2 years I spent a lot of time around weed and didnt smoke much then I totally stopped smoking it for 3 months and have recently picked it up as a daily habit. Without a tolerance its awkward to smoke other peoples joints as they smoke way larger amounts due to tolerance and the high is a little harsher and I didn't find it very relaxing at all. Now that I smoke habitually the high is much more consistent, smoother and there are in fact less irritating psychological side-effects I know a lot of you would do anything to go back to no tolerance.

I would like to hear opinions

I enjoy it more now that I don't/can't smoke that often. I haven't really smoked much weed since I got on chronic pain management. Being on probation and cpm I don't smoke.

But the times I did smoke when I rarely smoked I certainly savored. I did smoke high quality weed so I didn't get any paranoia not that I really do anymore. I suppose when your first start smoking usually at the awkward age of puberty things can be a little awkward. I found myself getting panic attacks in college due to stress when I smoked weed.

So I quit weed for a bit my first go around on probation and after I got off I no longer got any paranoia or awkwardness. I want to get medical marijuana and be able to smoke more weed again. I think the experience is different. I sure would get fucked up if I was to smoke weed now. I would enjoy it significantly but I would be a bit impaired if I had to work after smoking but then again I would not want to smoke in that setting with my tolerance level.

When I smoked often I smoked from the time I woke up to the time I went to bed and that was whether or I had to work, go to school, had a baseball game, had a date, or was sitting at home playing video games. I felt like weed mellowed me out and due to my tolerance I could be really stoned and still function. I notice once your tolerance goes up you can smoke weed on the fly easier and do things stoned where with a low tolerance I would only want to smoke weed on a date or relaxing by myself or with some friends.

So basically either chilling or having sex is the only time I would want to be stoned with my tolerance.

Do you have any more conversation stimulating debates and interesting fully displayed theories and opinions BJC? Please do share.

Dopemaster when I first smoked weed (~14) I could smoke crazy amounts of weed to the point where I was pretty much hallucinating and having the time of my life but now if I got that high I would just spiral into anxiety :/ I prefer smoking weed by myself but still enjoying smoking with the homies

I know what you mean, but if you don't have a tolerance I think it is just as enjoyable except way easier to overdose. Very low dose with out a tolerance is highly relaxing and gets me ripped ime.

I strongly disagree that Cannabis is "nicer" with a tolerance, at least in my case, it surely isn't. It's definately easier to handle, much harder to overdose on (as in, getting anxiety due to smoking just a little too much) but the high is also much less interesting and the psychedelic effects of the drug are severely diminished when toking with a noticeable tolerance.

I think that most of the problems regarding this matter stems from the fact that a lot of people don't realise how high their tolerance really is (or how much it lowers after a few months of not using) so when they come back from a tolerance break, they end up smoking too much. After a few months of not using, I'll need about 0.05 of bud to get me going, 0.10 for a high and 0.15 to blast my ass off. As long as I remember this and act by it, I never run into trouble. Even a high with tolerance vs one without, at about the same intensity (which obviously would require different amounts of weed) is quite a different experience imo and I greatly prefer the latter.

agreed ^

Smoking daily helps with pot induced anxiety, but the novelty is also lost and much of the euphoria, producing a much more 'numb'/feeling neither good or bad type high.

At the end of the day tho i reach a point sometimes where i wanna green out because i miss it because my tolerance has got so high its near impossible to od i'm usually not sick anyway i know the drill cough up phlegm drink and lay down who does't love oding on a drug that isn't gonna kill you tho.

It does lose its original edge yes. If one is smoking as an experience then yes without a tolerance it is better compared to habitual smoking. When I started smoking everyday I find it very irritating how little I needed to smoke as if you smoke too much the high isn't as enjoyable and anxiety comes into it.

Def is. When i use to smoke with no tolerance that shit was scary sometimes. Once ur body gets use to it and you know what to expect its much funner although a little more plain n ordinary more of a numbing effect as opposed to no tolerance its like trippy almost.

I smoked for about 8 years without more than a 24 hr break....consistantly good herb, compounded with oils and other extracts for the 4 latter years. It became such a normal regular thing that the essence of smoking a joint with a buddy or just smoking while doing something adventurous or stimulating had been completely lost. Getting High was such a normal routine that the nature of looking for the best bud or concentrate had been almost completely replaced by my urge to find the best tasting flowers. I had gone from going in to the dispensary to find the highest quality 8th to going in and picking the 4 best OG's or other good flowers to satisfy my taste buds. After all, by that point I knew that almost anything I would pick from my dispensary of choice would be top notch as far as potency. So in a matter of a year or two my smoking habits had gone from wanting to experience different highs from different herbs and making sure I always had some on hand, to simply deciding what I wanted to taste that night and how I wanted to smoke it. And by that I meant which glass piece was I going to use or was it time to buy a new bong and give it try.

In a matter of a couple weeks I made the decision to move back east and live with some family. I went completely without any herb for 3 months. I couldn't have imagined the withdrawals being as bad as they were. Not so much physically, although the feeling of nervousness and anxiety I was feeling for a couple weeks were very apparent for anyone watching. The psychological effects that ranged from complete sleep disorder to malaise and the inability to stomach food for weeks. In all it was about a month until I actually felt like the cannabis that had built up in my body was almost completely gone, especially the physical effects. The psychological effects lingered for much longer and still due to this day and it has now been over a year. I never imagined it would have this effect on me but when you consider having done it during almost every daily activity in my life, the effects are understandable.

After being sober for such a time one day I decided to give smoking a joint a go while hiking in the woods. I was so inebriated after smoking just half that I honestly felt like I was in an acid trip for the first ten minutes. Nothing was visually altered but after ten minutes of being high I came out of what felt like A short trip where I basically stared off into something and was seeing things being portrayed in my mind. It felt like a quick dream. It was an unbelievable feeling that I never imagined I would experience from smoking pot. And even though It kinda felt like a full blown panic attack because of how fast my heart was racing, it was very enjoyable. I learned very quickly that I was much much higher than my friends around me and after stuttering to get out a few words I decided it was beast to keep my mouth shut since the only thing coming out was pure bullshit. Weed is definitely a completely different experience with no tolerance and now I understand why sometimes people sound reduces when describing their experience with smoking, making it sound like an LSD trip which tends to scare a lot of people.

There is a fine line that separates a comfortable tolerance and a difficult tolerance.
I've been vaping daily for about 4 months now, I definitely like having a tolerance, I used to be like, "1, 2, Im out.." especially before I started vaping. Unfortunately I'm also starting to need more to get the desired level of medication.

Now that I have a tolerance, I feel like I can reach new plateaus with cannabis, to the point of visual distortion which is really cool.
I must emphasize that I don't think I would have been able to reach these highs without my vaporizer.

I've also wondered if my level of maturity has a bit to do with how I handle marijuana. I find that I have a deeper spiritual connection with the effects now. When I was young and first experimenting with drugs I didn't quite feel the same about it. I had stopped using it for many years untill later in my 20s

I see quite a few people say if they smoke daily they do not get anxiety from smoking.

I think the issue is more of maturity and feeling comfortable with yourself. I used to smoke weed when I was young and it helped with the daily grind but I would feel nervous in some social situations like going to chill with a bunch of girls or sitting around with 6 dudes smoking weed and they are talking about some boring ass shit like the basketball game last night.

Anyways I do what I want socially and will skip on social occasions I do not want to be in. I have no problem going to the bar by myself for example. But anyways I can do any drug if I feel like doing it and whatever life throws at me, the drug is not going to make me more or less anxious. I mean taking LSD and then being beat up and arrested by the cops would probably be a bad time but I think you get my drift.

When I smoke weed now I do not get nervous. I do not allow myself to get nervous. I think when you are younger you are less secure with yourself and alot of experiences you have are new ones. I had sex the first time on drugs for example. Most my first sexual/romantic encounters happened when I was stoned and it made it a bit more awkward but now I would not feel awkward in a sexual situation even if I was stoned.

I suppose just learn to laugh at things even if you do something silly or your words come out wrong. Confidence and just coming to terms with your state of mind, who you are, and what is going on is part of any hallucinogenic drug and weed is a hallucinogen yet we do not treat it that way. That is why you might get nervous smoking a blunt with a shitload of people.

Honestly you might as well be kissing them as wet at the blunt is gonna get. I don't want to smoke weed with a bunch of dudes. I really do not have many male friends these days. I find those friendships usually pointless. Friendships with women just lead to meeting more women and getting laid if you are a dude. At the very least she will be nicer to be around. I find women do stuff like cook you dinner. So they are more considerate. I am a gentleman irl so I reciprocate kindness with any friend. I like friends who will do things for you and you do things for them.

I guess my bottom line is the company you keep is important. I find that most guys are so crazy over pussy they will stab you in the back in the long run. So I don't want or need fake friends. I just chill with my real friends and if a situation makes me feel uncomfortable I will just go do something I want. It can be annoying kicking it with the "homies" but honestly how many of them are really your homies. When you smoke with people that are your true friends well then it is a better time, yes?

So even new friends are better to smoke with if they are better people at heart. Rastas say the reefer reveals yourself to you. I find that the insight mj brings can be heavy especially if you are thinking "you know what, I don't like half these people, and this scene is lame" or you think about something personal and you are surrounded by people.

So I do think mj brings out thoughts you have suppressed and I find that to be a good thing. If you do not smoke often you have them more. Usually that is why I try to smoke in a sexual situation, by myself, or with a close friend doing something relaxing or fun. I do like to smoke when I am working but it depends on the type of work when my tolerance is low. When my tolerance is high I tend to smoke whenever and wherever for the most part but it is different.

I suppose just be aware. Sometimes it might be better to pass on a drug sometimes if the situation is going to be lame for example.

DopeMaster, I like you :)

You sound very wise and I enjoyed your insights. I agree a lot with many of your points.

After reading your post I feel like you're very correct about one's maturity and self image being a key factor in how marijuana effects you.
As I mentioned in my earlier post, I felt differently about it as a teenager. This might be because my friends and I had a hard time finding things in common besides marijuana. Sometimes once we were all really baked if no one already was talking about something we would just be silent. Super awkward.
When I started using it alone and on a daily basis I very quickly became more comfortable with it. Now instead of feeling awkward when I am high around people I know exactly how I will feel and the act of getting high with someone is more of a sharing experience provided they can still hold a conversation while toking. I find sometimes it is others that create awkward situations by being unable to hold themselves together due to a lack of tolerance :p

Still being very young (17 couple days ago) I can say weed does open up your subconscious and leads to thinking about things that might not usually go through your head, when perhaps you simply aren't quite developed enough at an emotional level to integrate them and dealing with this in social situations (especially foreign ones) is pretty grim and when people pick up that someone is feeling insecure or having a hard time the situation escalates. Although saying this smoking with good friends is always easy going and depending on my day to day mindstate, its never really an issue.

grandfather.JPG

disagree i love to get baked off one hit of dank. but i dont smoke anymore >.<

disagree i love to get baked off one hit of dank. but i dont smoke anymore >.<
I find it outrageous that people like you assume marijuana is bad and legal highs are good so trade them let me tell you legaluser legal highs are not good they are dangerous and you should not be advertising them in your name or bragging

Disagree so much.

I remember when I was a teenager and first started experimenting with weed. With zero tolerance it was like a totally different drug; mildly psychedelic, getting the giggles and laughing at things that in hindsight weren't even funny, the munchies with incredibly enhanced taste. Man, I miss those effects.

I haven't had the giggles for years and get no psychedelic effects. Still get the munchies but it's just hunger without the enhanced taste.

If I still got the effects from zero tolerance weed highs, I wouldn't seek out harder drugs such as stimulants so much. It sucks. I guess abstinence is the only way to get tolerance back to baseline.