• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Weed in a hookah

S-Dog

Bluelighter
I'm 100% sure this has been brought up on this forum before but I couldn't find it so I'll bring it up again.

of course you CAN smoke weed out of a hookah. if you put it in the bowl, light it and pull I assume it would basically be the same as using a bong with a tube on it. the inner workings aren't too different.

But what about trying to smoke weed the same way you smoke hookah tobacco by covering the bowl with foil and using a coal? would the weed catch and burn like normal? would this make the bowl last longer? Could this method be used to vaporize it?

Also, as a side note, is there a thread hear to discuss home made bongs/hookahs/pipes ect?

Last edited:
I've found it to never really be a pleasurable experience. I've mixed it with the tobacco before, but we felt that it made the smoke taste a little unpleasant and nobody really felt they were getting high because the nicotine was so overpowering. I've tried just using a bowl filled with weed and again it worked, but really was not as pleasant as just smoking out of a bong and you had to pack like 7 grams into one of those bowls.

I have seen and would like to try what Frenchy Cannoli does, where he uses only hash and places the coals directly on the hash, no foil. It seems to be a pleasant way to smoke from what I have heard, however, it requires a lot of hash for just one bowl so I can't imagine anyone doing it unless they are making the hash themselves like he is.

What made straight weed from the hookah a worse experience than a bong? a hookah is pretty much a bong with the pieces in a different place. all it does it pass the smoke through the water. the only difference I could see is that there's not really an easy way to let air in with the smoke while you're pulling like there is with a bong. Is that it?

I'm pretty sure the coals weren't burning the weed well so we ended up just lighting it each hit and I think the size of the hookah, the fact it wasn't completely clean, and the materials of the hose and the metal that the smoke travels through I think all contributed to an unpleasant experience.

might work better with a dedicated glass hookah then. I try to stay away from metals as much as I can. i'll have to try it some time though. i really seems like if you get the coal the right distance from the herb you might be able to vape it. then again, your also inhaling what's coming off the coal as well so, i don't know

Yeah maybe with the some really good coals and an all glass hookah. I have replaced a hookah bowl with a very large nail and dabbed concentrate out of it with great success. One time a police officer came out and cracked up when he saw it. Luckily I had my doctor's rec at the time so they just looked at my rec and left with no problems.

The way this is usually done is as SheWasLvL18 pointed out, with hash. I can't see flower ever working any better than it would in a bong.

To smoke hash in your hookah, mix it with non-tobacco shisha (otherwise it's too strong, but if you're a daily hookah smoker don't bother). Same kind of way you'd make a hash joint, crumble up the hash and mix it as best you can. Yes it can consume a fair bit of hash but it doesn't really get wasted unless you're trying to do a solo session, in which case I'd wonder why you'd be using a hookah in the first place. To me they're made for group sessions