• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

weed has got (alot) stronger. thoughts?

Good point, bagseed , but it seems a big secret for sure.

Cannabis pollinates via the wind ---hypothetically if there was gmo plants cross pollination could happen with any other plants within that distance (don't know possible maximun distance).

Same thing is happening and happened with corn (in US where big bus rule and the ppl lose) whereby heirloom strains are put in jeopardy of being wiped out. Can't even label food in US (big secret also). Europe and other countries rescue us please.

see http://herb.co/2017/05/02/gmo/

In India they (or used to) smoke ganga and/or drink bhang before reading the holy scriptures.

Last edited:
So what if it's stronger nowadays, just smoke less. You wouldn't polish off bottle after bottle of a strong liquor like you would beer so don't waste your stash smoking yourself beyond a pleasurable feeling high. I don't have to guess what strains i'm getting so I can choose to buy bottom shelf and mix in a bit of a fire strain for taste if i'm looking to relax and have a long smoke session vs. just taking a couple hits and putting it down. I can see if you lived in a place where you don't get to choose the potency and you get what you get this would be frustrating as sometimes it's just the act of unwinding and chilling with some herb you're after and not necessarily the high. Just fucked up deleting this whole post but auto-save came to the rescue =D

I really doubt that sensi seeds or other breeders had the huge amount of money to actually do some genetical engineering. :)

"Genetic engineering" is only doing what people have been doing "naturally" for ages, it only makes it instant by inserting the gene right away instead of using breeding techniques. So yes you can say the high thc is because of GMO techniques. Technically, the best type of correct!

LOL my buddy [rip] had aluminium foil on the walls .. above ground pool liner on the floor..timer lights/vermiculite..used seed stocks from Amsterdam in a hybrided, by him, form and sold his hydro at 400 an oz in the early 80's[ think of the inflation price] in the mid late 70's if you had the right connections you could get elephant hilo at 10 dollars a gram..and they had honey oil back then too... it was as strong as good honey and shatter of today

by 1972-73 around at least on the mid atlantic EC america .. gold and red columbian was available to the masses [around $425 a lb] as well as mexican gold, albeit way weaker than the hydro my buddy grew ..of course there was the 60 dollar a 1/4 lb shit weed and a few dry years

1971 jamacan "wacky weed" the first better than crap loco weed was available to the american masses for 25 an oz ..it was brown and had a dirt smell

i started smoking weed in 1970 at 13 five dollar 1/4 oz's in a corner of a bagie sammy bag the size of a wooden top as most peope my area didn't start stealing high school chem class balance beam scales till 72 so they "eyballed" on smaller scale sales lower than a 1/4 lb ..hence the terms "lid" and "top" for oz's and 1/4 oz's

Last edited:
In the very early 80s when i started, i was lucky to witness the big transformations. There was your common, regular, commercial brown shake, there were occasional "exotics" like Thai and Hawaiian, and there was the emergence of "sinsimilla". Soon, indoor growers would transform it all. There was also tge arrival of Skunk#1.I got to have Panama red, Columbian Gold, and other interesting old school exotics.

Overall, today's top tier weed is about as strong as the very best of 30 years ago. But in the last 10 years, there are varieties bred for extreme thc levels. Little by little, someone tops the latest, most potent variety.

I think the biggest factors overall though, is our age, combined with how much is being used. There was no reason to have more than a few hits of top tier weed then, and there's no need now that I'm in my late 40s. The difference when we're 17 is, we have the gift of youth. Little by little we get older, most likely use less and less often, our tolerance changes......then one day someone hasn't smoked in months, their friend whips out some purple gorilla breath, you take 5, 6 tokes, and have an intense experience. Is that 10× stronger than the brown mexican of 1979? Yes. Is it 10x stronger than a well grown Skunk/Northern Lights hybrid from 1988? No.

In the very early 80s when i started, i was lucky to witness the big transformations. There was your common, regular, commercial brown shake, there were occasional "exotics" like Thai and Hawaiian, and there was the emergence of "sinsimilla". Soon, indoor growers would transform it all. There was also tge arrival of Skunk#1.I got to have Panama red, Columbian Gold, and other interesting old school exotics.

Overall, today's top tier weed is about as strong as the very best of 30 years ago. But in the last 10 years, there are varieties bred for extreme thc levels. Little by little, someone tops the latest, most potent variety.

I think the biggest factors overall though, is our age, combined with how much is being used. There was no reason to have more than a few hits of top tier weed then, and there's no need now that I'm in my late 40s. The difference when we're 17 is, we have the gift of youth. Little by little we get older, most likely use less and less often, our tolerance changes......then one day someone hasn't smoked in months, their friend whips out some purple gorilla breath, you take 5, 6 tokes, and have an intense experience. Is that 10× stronger than the brown mexican of 1979? Yes. Is it 10x stronger than a well grown Skunk/Northern Lights hybrid from 1988? No.

thumbs up man..werd!

"Genetic engineering" is only doing what people have been doing "naturally" for ages, it only makes it instant by inserting the gene right away instead of using breeding techniques. So yes you can say the high thc is because of GMO techniques. Technically, the best type of correct!

You could make a poisonous plant from weed with GMO not with "natural" cross-breeding techniques...sorry but this misunderstang of what gmo is ...is why they get away with using gmo in the first place.