• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Weed Edible Dosage?

ImDeliriant

Bluelighter
Hello, I'm new weed user. I've read many forms and articles on dosages for edibles but I have found a lot of contradicting information. I was wanting to know if one gram of mid/high quality weed would work per chocolate dose/piece.

Sorry if this has already been answered it's just I found a lot of different doses recommendations.

Also any personal experiences or advice would be much appreciated.

when i make firecrackers i use 0.5g per dose/piece.

so i'd suggest that.

0.5g or 1g should work fine if done right:).

I don't make edibles, but you should be reminded that the dose of an edible is measured in milligrams of THC, not marijuana. So 1 gram of marijuana will yield xxx milligrams of edible THC.

One gram of sinsemilla marijuana contains anywhere from 15-25% THC or more. To calculate how much THC is in your marijuana, you multiply the percent by the amount of weed; in this case, it's 0.15 x 1,000 (1,000 mg is 1 gram, but if you did 0.15 x 1, you'd just get 0.15.) The THC content is then 150 mgs. But the process by which THC is infused into an edible degrades the amount of THC present, so most of the time, you are yeilding a little less THC than what you had initially put in.

In any case, a dose of 200 mg THC is a typical stoned feeling, nothing overwhelming. If anything, it may be a little underwhelming since not all the THC in an edible works on the brain because some is still metabolized by the gut and excreted.

Apologies for not being much helpful. But you should check out edible guides on the 'net.

Start with a VERY low dose! Too much is not fun at all. My first experience was about 25mg and I thought that I was gonna die.

If your weed measures at 18%, then 1g will have 180mg of THC. Unless you are experienced with edibles, this could result in a very unpleasant experience.

Most docs will recommend a 10mg dose to start with, maybe even lower.

Couple of things to keep in mind:
* The effects may not hit you for 30min ~ 1 hour+
* Decarb before making the edibles to activate the THC
* Smoking is very different than edibles
* Everybody reacts differently