• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Weed doesn't feel the same anymore

George1012

Bluelighter
I used to get very high from a very small amount of cannabis. I've been smoking kind of off and on for a few years. Recently I quit for a few months then started again a few weeks ago and ever since the high just isn't the same. Weed used to rock my world but now I smoke and get a mild high that only lasts forty five minutes max and its just completely gone after. It used to keep me up there for 3-4 hours. I've tried different strains, and tried taking small tolerance breaks but it just doesn't feel the same anymore. I haven't taken any medications. I used to get incredibly winded off just 2-3 fat rips from a glass piece. Now it just kind of makes me tired and nod off and forget I'm even high at times. I'm wondering why quitting has seemed to ruin my experiences with weed. I thought coming back after a while off it'd be better or at least the same as before. I'm kind of bummed because I miss those awesome highs. Even after smoking every single day for 3-4 months I'd still get my mind blown but it seems quitting has literally ruined weed for me. :( Please help

Same thing happened to me. I tried taking breaks and it didn't do anything. I personally believe that the brain adjusts to the outside source of THC, and as a result "knows" how to respond when you flood it with THC when you smoke. My alternative theory is that you've burned out the many brain cells that were affected when you smoked up. I just posed a thread today on this. After 4 yrs of on again off again smoking, I feel as I'm a shell of my former self. I have developed severe anxiety and depression. I hope I'll heal some day now that I've quit. I suggest you do the same. That awesome floaty feeling and euphoria are not coming back. Move on.

If I smoke I use a lot more thc vs edible but it is dependant on either unknown factors or individual metabolism. Edibles last 3 hours+ for a high with a 7 year tolerance. While I don't get as high as I used to it is now by choice and I can still get baked by doubling up.

If smoking isn't doing it try edibles, you may not get higher but it will last longer. If you are prone to anxiety I'd say pass on edibles, 3+ hours of anxiety isn't even fun for friends.

I hope that isn't true because if it is I can never smoke again, at least for a very long time. I take very long breaks once a year usually. Last year I quit smoking weed on June 3rd and didn't start again clear into the next year, being this year, January 18th and I got as high as I did my very first time. By the third time though I already noticed the high was significantly decreased. I started smoking only 3 times a week and got very baked every time, almost like the first, then decided to quit for 5 months and now my tolerance is through the roof. Ask me how? I don't know why quitting would make my tolerance stronger. If that's the case though I might need like two years at least.

Or maybe I've developed some kind of weird reverse tolerance. Months ago in May I tried taking a week off and didn't get as baked the first time after a week as I did the last time, but as I smoked more I got higher every time. Maybe we have the same scenario going on here. Either way I'm quit again. I'm on day two and I might try again in one week, or I might give it a month or even not bother ever again. Sorry to blab on. Thanks for replies.

Why do take vacations and quit smoking weed? I find it very bizarre can you explain? Is it lack of money, lack of opportunity?

I hope that isn't true because if it is I can never smoke again, at least for a very long time. I take very long breaks once a year usually. Last year I quit smoking weed on June 3rd and didn't start again clear into the next year, being this year, January 18th and I got as high as I did my very first time. By the third time though I already noticed the high was significantly decreased. I started smoking only 3 times a week and got very baked every time, almost like the first, then decided to quit for 5 months and now my tolerance is through the roof. Ask me how? I don't know why quitting would make my tolerance stronger. If that's the case though I might need like two years at least.

Time to move on my friend. I used to smoke up every other day, or every 2 days for the first year and a half ... The magic was there every single time. Then it suddenly went away, virtually overnight ...

It's over, move on. Nothing lasts forever in life

It just starts to become meaningless if I do it every day after awhile. To keep the effects fresh I take breaks and focus on other enjoyments of life for awhile. Now weed is utterly useless to me.

As I've said, I've taken breaks a few times, the longest of which was 5 months. The magic did not return. Time to move on.

As I've said, I've taken breaks a few times, the longest of which was 5 months. The magic did not return. Time to move on.
8o Holy crap mate. I decided to try again last night after abstaining for 7 days and I can say without exaggeration I was the highest I've ever been. Daammn

Time to move on my friend. I used to smoke up every other day, or every 2 days for the first year and a half ... The magic was there every single time. Then it suddenly went away, virtually overnight ...

It's over, move on. Nothing lasts forever in life

I've smoked weed regularly for over 10 years and I still "get the magic"

I'm not sure what the issue could be...

We are all different. I know people who smoked once or twice and totally lost it, and then there or those who smoke it and it doesn't bother them no matter what.

For me it was great for about 2+ years, and then it went to crap.

Well, it's every stoners dream

Have another shot at those first few highs...

Lol ain't that the truth! Gj laika

More seriously, op, why did you have a break in the first place? Couldn't have been all good if you decided to stop, no?

stoners dont dream, lets be honest here.

After 7 years of daily use (a couple small breaks longest 4 months), I am now dreaming regularly and I have pretty reasonable dream recall. This is new this month tbh, and I have lowered my dose of edible oil from the start of the year. I'm still high for 3+ hours in the early day but by night I am clear enough to dream. The best part is the dreams are lucid, this happens when I take a break after about 3-4 days and has always been the lure that made me stop. It is kinda unexpected to start having lucid dreams while still using daily.

It seems like a less is more situation, or I'm finally dialing in the correct dose.

I used to get very high from a very small amount of cannabis. I've been smoking kind of off and on for a few years. Recently I quit for a few months then started again a few weeks ago and ever since the high just isn't the same. Weed used to rock my world but now I smoke and get a mild high that only lasts forty five minutes max and its just completely gone after. It used to keep me up there for 3-4 hours. I've tried different strains, and tried taking small tolerance breaks but it just doesn't feel the same anymore. I haven't taken any medications. I used to get incredibly winded off just 2-3 fat rips from a glass piece. Now it just kind of makes me tired and nod off and forget I'm even high at times. I'm wondering why quitting has seemed to ruin my experiences with weed. I thought coming back after a while off it'd be better or at least the same as before. I'm kind of bummed because I miss those awesome highs. Even after smoking every single day for 3-4 months I'd still get my mind blown but it seems quitting has literally ruined weed for me. :( Please help

Yeah, I had a similar process...spent my teen years smoking upward of an ounce every 3 or 4 days easy...did that for a long time too, from 17 or 18 through to my mid-20's. Gradually slowed down to where I'd smoke maybe a gram or two a day and somewhere around ten years back just strasight up stopped smoking altogether. No real REASON mind you, I just had other shit going on and didn't really feel up to smoking pot. I basically find now I'll take pot perhaps once every few months, a friend will have a joint and I'll take a toke or two and then pass on it. Reason being that, as hard-core as I once was, I really don't find being really high all that enjoyable anymore...I wind up feeling anxious, a little paranoid, and physically uncomfortable throughout the experience, so I generally cut myself after one or two hits which gives just a nice glow.

That being said, the few times I DO do it, that 3 or so times a year, I find I much prefer baking it....I'll make a cookie or two with a gram each and eat them up. The slow, slow come-on seems to make the unpleasant anxiety decrease significantly...I can kind of tell where I'm at within about half an hour and can gauge where I'm about to end up landing so can prep myself a bit more. *shrug* just goes with getting older honestly man, our tolerance, metabolism and so on all changes over our life and it makes sense our recreational substances (having to use those same neurotransmitters and systems) are going to be similarly affected.

Like I said, give eating a shot, you may need a touch more to get the effect you want but you will find you get a buzz that lasts a solid 4 or 5 hours for the trouble. Just don't try to overshoot, In my youth I ate a full 1/4 ounce all at once in a cake and spent the next two hours in an....extremely unpleasant headspace...nausea, headache, increased heart rate, anxiety and so on to the extreme...and that was when I was burning all the damn time too...