• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Weed/depression/cravings

omswamiji

Greenlighter
So i Quit smoking 3 months ago after doing it for 4 years non-stop because it was giving me terrible anxiety so bad that i could barely leave the house and when i quit i became extremely depressed. Now im feeling a bit better starting to get my life back I can feel the depression lifting, I stayed away from any Anti-D meds because I believed it was just my brain rebalancing from all the years i smoked weed, plus i don't really believe in them anyway just think they numb you out from your emotions just like the weed does. I've been experiencing really bad cravings to smoke weed even 3 months later, one day I would like to smoke weed again occasionally not habitually, I'm so worried if i do im just going to end up extremely anxious again and then post smoking become depressed as fuck again. would appreciate any thoughts you guys have on this and/or how to deal with these cravings.

thanks

Best way to get rid of these cravings is to experience life dude. Your brain needs a little stimulation. Go hang out with friends if your not depressed enough or go out in nature or you could start eating right. That would definitely help brighten up your mood and make you feel much better right? Anyways thats all i can think of to get rid of the cravings. Good luck in life you asshole

That adultswimbumpwatch guy...sure is a hard ass with a soft heart. sweet hearted mother fucking pseudo-cunt.

But yeah, hes right but the true best thing is exercise, its good for your brain releasing endorphins

Weed doesn't cause depression and anxiety, overusing weed does it. (Been there, done that too, I'm not judging at all :))

My experience: I got to the point where weed made me anxious. I stopped for a month. I was craving so bad, but nothing serious wd. After a month long break, I still felt anxiety when I smoked again. I feel like I can never get what this wonderful plant gave me in the past, but it's all my fault. I smoked huge amounts for 4 years, what did I expect?

That's my personal experience, but I've read a lot of drug related forums and people say after a 3-4 months break, you can smoke without depression/anxiety.

I'm not a strong man, now I'm back to using. Nowdays I always pop some Klonopin before I toke, it works, but people say taking a drug to avoid another drug's side effects is bad news. So don't take it as an advice. (Plus benzos are lot more dangerous than weed, but I'm hooked on 'em anyways).

And yes exercising is the way to go. I pray every night to have enough strenght to go back to the GYM. (I went there for 1,5 years, 3 times a week). It kicks depression's ass. Only if it wouldn't be so hard to make the first move :\