View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Weed changes for me on psychedelics discussion

Collegestoner

Greenlighter
As the title says weed is a very different friend for me on verious substances. Ill fouces on acid now, every time I drop lsd weed becomes much more natural to me. The smoke is nolonger harsh as if I took an opiate but the funny thing is that it is even smother than an smoking on doses of oral morphine. It know longer hurts for me to inhale allowing me to smoke large amounts during the trip. (For the record I love it) It also has this calming effect as if the "Hype/vibration" is soothed. I'm no longer as stimulated or energy. But I'm more curious to why the inhalation of the smoke no longer hurts when on acid.
Little bit of background I'm a pretty heavy MJ user smoke every day and basic goal is to stay high 24/7 tripped acid mabye 6 to 10 time only one of which I didn't smoke on. Anyone else have this go on?
Oh ya coughing is completely out the window. As when I smoke sober to say I guess lol I cough on good hits just like any other human.

I've had this before, and sometimes I don't feel the smoke at all which leads to me smoking too much and getting overwhelmed.

I couldn't tell you why it happens, though.

Weed tends to amplify the psychedelic hallucinogen.

I remember being on psilocybin or LSD, taking a drag off a joint or hitting a bowl, and exhaling...and it would be like the hallucinations/distortions in my visual field would get more intricate and pronounced as I exhaled the smoke. It's awesome, love it. Strong psychedelics without weed just feels wrong to me, like strong opiates without weed.

My life story is quite different, I fell in love woth acid before ever smoking weed... so later my stoned state of mind was deeply influenced by the psychedelic state of mind. And with edible cannabis I feel it even more.

For the last 2 years I've tripped much less and smoked much more... and still I see the psychedelic influence in a way. And I guess it would be slightly different if my first stoned nights were influenced by, for example, alcohol or opiates. It seems to me that the first experiences with a drug (or group, such as 2c's) are formative in a way...

It's a mystery to me why the smoke it so smooth. It makes to sense because I though that psychs like acid had very little to no physical effects on the body. Ie: blood pressure, respiratory system, etc... like opiates they numb you and slow your respiratory system down their for making it easier to smoke or less painfull

Smoking weed really compliments tryptamines imo. I wouldn't even recommend taking an RC like 4-aco-dmt or 4-ho-mipt or something similar without smoking. For some reason I get a lot of come up jitters with RC trypts and a bit of tremoring so I pretty much have to smoke some weed to get the most out of the trips without getting distracted by the physical side of things. A couple hits does the trick and periodically taking a few tokes throughout the experience keeps me rolling along smoothly. On the other hand, with mushrooms I wouldn't need any weed as there isn't any physical side effects and barely any anxiety.

I will usually smoke some weed with any psychedelic because it does seem like it calls out to me in that state of mind and it's almost like a requirement to do while tripping, even if not necessary ;) ..you're so right that it feels even more fluid on the psychedelics than just smoking it on its own. I've had some strains I didn't particularly care for while I was partaking in a sober state of mind but when I smoked them in the psychedelic state they seemed quite enjoyable. I have never smoked weed in the psychedelic state and not enjoyed it come to think of it, even strains with a ridiculous amount of THC. There is some definite synergy there.

Not sure what causes the perfect synergy between weed and psyches, but it's a very obvious and fascinating effect.

Well let me come with a different comment, I think I know why it feels so smooth.

On LSD you are able to control much more accurately your subconscious actions and sometimes reflexes, such as cough reflex. As a result you are more able to naturally discard undesired physical sensation, attenutation of pain or even abolition of pain, and you are more able to retain your cough reflex without really paying attention to it.
So overall what I am saying is that compared to morphine that blocks pain from reaching your brain, LSD changes the way you process pain to make you have more power over it and over your reaction to it such as cough.

On the other subject, I also prefer weed with psychedelics because I feel that I can't let go of my thoughts when I don't vape weed and it blocks the trip alot. Also about how using psychedelics before weed changes the effect of weed to a more psychedelic style, I agree! I started doing psychedelics and weed about at the same moment but like this: weed, stop weed, Acid, weed again. And I can say that before the Acid I did not notice if I was hallucinating on weed, but after I was litterally tripping balls on weed, like moments of eternity, some out of body experiances and more, altho the more I vaped weed the lower the effects were and now I just have a small HPPD.

Herb also changed for me after I had taken psychedelic drugs like a high dose of LSD, and mushrooms.

Smoking, vaping, or eating cannabis or hash would remind me of a low dose mushroom trip. I have met other people who said how cannabis is like that for them, but we all loved to smoke weed while tripping on acid or mushrooms. The fact that cannabis has higher THC percentage or content probably has something to do with this as well.

I have not used drugs for years, and am sober now, but I also loved to smoke herb on low doses of opiates like codeine, hydrocodone, and oxycodone. Cannabis also mixes well with alcohol but it can be easy to drink more than you planned after you smoke herb.

Last edited:
I really never thought of it this way. I find that being high when I drop the LSD will really mellow the trip out and make me stoned af.

So overall what I am saying is that compared to morphine that blocks pain from reaching your brain, LSD changes the way you process pain to make you have more power over it and over your reaction to it such as cough..

I thought morphine was actually a mildish cough suppressant thought, similar to codeine? Its depressing the cough reflex, not blocking the pain (though it will be doing that too), that causes opiates to suppress cough. I used to find my chest would feel quite blocked after using a lot of morphine.

On the other hand, I don't know why LSD would do this. Perhaps its effects on adrenline decrease mucus production in the lungs. Most psychedelics allow me to breathe really smoothly and deeply.

I don't know if I've ever experienced what you're talking about, but in reference to weed mellowing out a trip, I find the exact opposite as do many people. For me, smoking weed makes a trip instantly a lot more intense. I like that effect a lot of the time, but if a trip is already quite intense, smoking weed will not calm me down, it will make it way more intense. One of the leading causes of bad trips is inexperienced people smoking weed to try to chill out during trips, you see threads about it here frequently.

I use CDB regularly. I have oral and VG solution for vaping.

When I am having strong physical sensations, for example pain in my knees, but I don't want to mellow out the psychs then I use CDB. It seems to help with anxiety as well. It is much less in your face for mushrooms and 4-aco-dmt than thc-marijauna.

I also use CDB-high/thc-low edibles as a pre-load for LSD trips to prevent smoking without changing effects.

I don't know if I've ever experienced what you're talking about, but in reference to weed mellowing out a trip, I find the exact opposite as do many people. For me, smoking weed makes a trip instantly a lot more intense. I like that effect a lot of the time, but if a trip is already quite intense, smoking weed will not calm me down, it will make it way more intense. One of the leading causes of bad trips is inexperienced people smoking weed to try to chill out during trips, you see threads about it here frequently.

It's like that for me if I smoke after the come up