• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Weed causing hallucinations after a probable Molly Overdose

camjua

Bluelighter
So a couple months back I posted about a very intense experience where I took a majorly excessive amount of molly (I did Molly 3 times in one week.. and on the 3rd day I took nearly a gram to myself) and not only did I take an excessive amount and do it too close together but it was also untested. Anyhow, so that night on the comedown I smoked some weed and took some ativan to go to sleep and I hallucinated like I've never hallucinated before. It made a fourth of shrooms look like tick tacks. I watched plants grow out of my carpet, shirts melting, giant psychedelic clear glob like giant worms all over the walls moving very quickly, water droplets flying at my face, watched a mountain range fall through the ground like it dropped off the earth.. stick bugs the size of small dogs all over the walls.. it was fucking insane. I nearly went to the hospital because I thought I was completely losing touch with reality.

Anyhow, since then I've abused stimulants a hand full of times.. adderall, vyvanse, molly once, meth 3 times, and propylhexedrine 3 times.. and every time I hallucinate pretty intensely on the comedown (not as bad as the molly experience but pretty intense at times)

The hallucinations are massively intensified by smoking weed. If I smoke weed on the comedown of a stimulant... it turns it into an unpleasant anxious weird experience... to a full blown trip much stronger than any LSD or psychedelics I've ever done.

Some important points:
The hallucinations only manifest on the comedown of stimulants and they are not caused by lack of sleep. For example, last time I took adderall I got a full night sleep.. took the adderall (60mg) spread out with my first dose starting at 10AM and my last dose being at 1PM. I was hallucinating like crazy by 7PM.

Also the hallucinations become MUCH more intense in the dark. If I stare at a dark part of a room for example that part of the room will start going crazy... wires will warp and wiggle.. stuff looks like its melting or wiggling/boiling... etc.

Now here's the kicker. Weed is usually what i feel triggers the hallucinations but if I smoke too much weed even a week or 2 after my last stimulant experience.. I still get hallucinations. I see water droplets flying at my face if I stare off for too long.. and I see weird psychedelic bubble like globs form on walls and they wiggle very erratically.

The hallucinations become more and more intense the longer I stare at something. Eventually I get a combo of water droplets like a stream flying at my face mixed with whatever I'm looking at morphing and wiggling like crazy.. but I also see black spots kinda like an old vintage movie in my peripherals and in my peripherals things get very intense.

I also sometimes get the feeling especially if I'm laying down like the room I'm in is on the back of a truck or something and we're driving around. It can be so intense that it will feel like I'm going around a corner and with my eyes wide open the room feels and looks like we're moving. What is the most fucking weird.. is my friend and I have been getting the same hallucinations almost identically since that night of the molly. We both did about a gram each. We even both got the same "moving room" trip at the same time and we both stood up and it felt like the room suddenly "Hit the breaks" and we both fell forward AT THE SAME TIME. Weird right??? We see the same water droplets, auras, wiggling stuff, often times we see exactly the same things when explained to each other (obviously I'm sure there are differences but when we both are staring at the same spot and I say, "Dude doesn't that cord look like a snake and it has 2 mouths and is looking at us and looks like its speaking" back and forth to each other about different things.. its eerie how close to the same shit we see. Also areas we stare at get this weird distortion almost exactly like heat coming off a grill.. the air is all warped and wavy like from heat.

Another thing is if I stare at something long enough with all those other things happening... in my peripherals I can see sparks or flashes like a spark from a broken light or something... and if the lights are suddenly turned of I get a powerful strobe light effect at first of flashing white and blue. I also if I stare at something long enough.. suddenly that area I'm looking at will start to flash different colors.. usually purple, blue or black. Much like an aura or something. Then if the room is very dark... we see people.. and we can sometimes hear them talk or feel them touch us.. it's kinda entertaining... but at the same time horrifying..

Anyone have anything like this happen?? Anytime I smoke weed now I don't get very powerful hallucinations like on a comedown.. but I get the water droplets flying at my eyes.. and weird psychedelic bubbles and hangers, wires etc wiggle and bend... I also get a lot of anxiety from smoking too much bud.

Should I stop smoking weed? I'm worried this shit may be permanent and weed is exacerbating it. I'm worried that in my stupid stimmed out retardedness my friend and I may have damaged our brains permanently. We were both so geeked out on molly we kept taking more without even considering the consequences of our actions. I'm very scared this shit may be permanent. Should I seek a doctor? What do you guys think?

**I'd like to add that my friend has done most of the same stimulants with me since then and at the same doses or close to it.. he is one of my best friends... and yeah.. he is also very curious to wtf is wrong with us. After our last little meth binge we agreed to not touch stimulants for a long time.. I personally think I'm done with them for good.. the comedown hallucinations are entertaining to an extent.. but they're also very terrifying and can be very frightening.. especially at night in the dark.. when you see a person sitting next to you in your peripheral and they grab you and you feel it and hear them whispering.. its not exactly the most "fun" experience. lol

Last edited:
Dude, it's not the weed. It's the psychosis and neuronal-damage induced by stimulants/mdma.

You need to stop now or you will be afflicted with irreversible neuronal-damage to a much greater extent than you are currently experiencing. (among other problems)

If anything, marijuana is the only slight neuro-protectant in your scenario, albeit insurmountably weaker the the damaging mechanism of stimulants/mdxx.

Your hallucinations could become the signification of the induction of the prodromal-phase of schizophrenia.
Instead of "tread lightly", don't tread at all

Last edited:
What exactly do you mean by "don't tread at all"? Do you mean no more weed too? Or no more stimulants? Because I'm done with stimulants. I'm scared of them and plan to hold onto that fear. Especially since stimulants not only have caused lots of damage to me... And I have done many stupid things while on stims. Such as share needles and have promiscuous sex. I'm scared shitless about what my test results will show when I go this next week to get tested.

Yeah already planned to never do stims again. I dunno about the weed though... I am not sure if I should continue smoking weed. There must be a significance in the fact the weed intensifies the hallucinations so much.

Dude, it's not the weed. It's the psychosis and neuronal-damage induced by stimulants/mdma.

It's the weed, CBD has serotonin agonism properties including 5ht1a and 2a, THC is weakly metabolized into 11-hydroxy-THC(25% more potent by weight then it's parent drug and more pssychedelic) when smoked but other substances can alter metabolism by causing damage to the liver and thus enzymes, inducing and inhibiting enzymes could possibly cause a long-term alteration of metabolism. If this wasn't happening before I speculate that 11-HO-THC is getting produced in higher quantities or you are getting extremely high CBD % cannabis. If the latter you are lucky. I cannot tolerate THC very well anymore and start tripping from just a half a toke. THC is metabolized into 11-HO-THC orally more then inhalation as THC goes thru first-pass metabolism and goes to the liver where 11-HO-THC is produced whereas when smoked it gets metabolized by the lungs enters the bloodstream goes all over the body and thus since it was already metabolized there is less THC to make into 11-HO-THC. The CB receptors including the ones that aren't labeled CB receptors, I believe interact with D2, 5HT2a and a few other ones. D2 and 2a are known for their role in hallucinations, D2 with schizophrenia and 2a with psychedelics.

OP: I suggest you lay off the cannabis or move to weaker herb for awhile. After my first psychedelic trip anytime I smoked cannabis before I tried stims I would get mild hallucinations and altered mind-state reminiscent of the psychedelia state of being.

Incase you doubt the validity of my accusation that cannabis indeed is an active powerful psychedelic here is a few links.
Also eating hasheesh is an art, making is an art. Hasheesh eaten is very addictive(dont do it often! I spent a week on hah once, was great but wasted a week) and half the time you have sensitization to it the other half you have high tolerance for no apparent reason. I had an OBE, conversation with my sub-conscious and entered my dream-state awake from my subconscious understanding why I want to remember my dreams. Definitely one of the most powerful trips I've had up there with ++++ LSD trips, ++++ AL-LAD, ++++ salvia, etc. Don't be fooled hasheesh is not for the faint of heart.

CBD's serotonin propeties: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16258853

reading by Terenece Mckenna of The Hasheesh eater aka passages of the life of a pythagorean: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1PHxvdpcDY

The hasheesh eater txt: http://www.lycaeum.org/~sputnik/Ludlow/THE/ < that was also hosted on google books and probs still is for free.

Some important points:
The hallucinations only manifest on the comedown of stimulants and they are not caused by lack of sleep. For example, last time I took adderall I got a full night sleep.. took the adderall (60mg) spread out with my first dose starting at 10AM and my last dose being at 1PM. I was hallucinating like crazy by 7PM.

if you hallucinate during a comedown of stimulants it sounds like you may have a altered dopamine system, altered dopamine systems are seen in people with schizoprhenia, bi-polar(I think) etc. I suggest you take a period of sobriety for at least a month as an experiment then try stims again see if anything is different or cannabis, experiments are always the way I con myself into sobriety for x amount of time. It's really odd to hear someone getting hallucinate during a comedown. How long were you up? If this happening each time you do a stim and you aren't at least up for 20 hours, I would get a psyche evaluation. What doses do you do? Are the doses excessive? It sounds like lower amounts of dopamine in certain area of the brain or higher amounts in a certain area or both(really bad). If cannabis makes it worse that aggravates my point even more as both cannabis and stimulants worsen schizophrenia it's symptoms temporarily and can spark it if you are predisposed to mental disorders(tbh who isn't nowadays?), not to mention the altered function and neurochemistry of the brain from long term use of cannabis(yes it will fucking alter ur neurochemistry, and I can get studies to prove it)and stimulants. Also do you eat properly, have you had your blood sugar levels tested? Hypoglycemia can spark psychosis if i do recall and blood sugar levels might drop during a comedown.

I had long-term psychosis for about 8 months after only 6 months of dexamph abuse as I had literally infinite(well, 2 friends had scripts that were more then a gram a month and I had one that was 900mg a month and they gave me as much as I wanted for free) amounts of free pharmaceutical dexamph and was 15 thus I didn't sleep for about 5 months(binged for 5 days slept for 1 the entire 6 months). at the start the psychosis was horrible but it gradually got better and I started accepting reality again and not looking at the driver seat of parked cars, watching a G-man study me or expecting one to be there.

Edit: don't take my theories of your neurotransmitters systems as a fact, it's only speculation.

Last edited:
Doses are indeed usually a bit excessive. I am diagnosed bipolar 2 and borderline. Dunno if that has any significance. I'm also withdrawing from benzos right now so I'm having the horrendous nightmares, GI problems, insomnia and anxiety. But hallucinations seem to still be lingering especially in the dark but they're not as powerful anymore.

Doses are indeed usually a bit excessive. I am diagnosed bipolar 2 and borderline. Dunno if that has any significance. I'm also withdrawing from benzos right now so I'm having the horrendous nightmares, GI problems, insomnia and anxiety. But hallucinations seem to still be lingering especially in the dark but they're not as powerful anymore.

Bipolar can cause hallucinations occasionally. Borderline as in borderline personality disorder? BPD is not significant to this at all tbh, but bipolar is highly. Is it during one of your depressive phases or manic phases you get the hallucinations? Or is it rare for it to occur? Excessive doses of stimulants can cause hallucinations usually at the peak but for some ppl and probs in your case can be delayed as you by being diagnosed bipolar would have an altered DA system, BPD patients probs have one too.

Weeds cause me the worst bad trips. This was only after I had used opiates.
Before that it was pretty good all the time..I´m sure there is a relation to opiates and hard core users...

I don't notice the difference between manic and depressive phases. I don't get manic. That I've noticed. I'm always depressed for the most part and fit the BPD roll really well. BPD explains me like a fucking biography. And yeah borderline personality disorder. Bi polar I don't get. I don't know why they say I have bipolar but what do I know

Stop smoking weed, stop doing stimulants. Both are terrible for people with existing mental illnesses and seeing symptoms like this is a clear sign that you're doing damage to yourself, if not physically then psychologically. The best advice I can give you is STOP NOW.

Yeah... Its been over a week since I last did a stimulant.. Its been 8 days. And when I smoke weed I still hallucinate. I mainly see the same thing. Its like a stream of constant neon colored droplets flying into each eye.. Like as though someone is standing over me with a hose spraying at my eyes. There are 2 streams. One for each eye... And they're constantly there... More vivid the higher I get but even when I'm just slightly stoned... I can see them if I focus.

I would say abstain from all drugs for a while and allow yourself to return to baseline and heal. When I used to do a lot of molly and adderall I would use weed to cope with the comedowns and the next few days. Looking back, I think weed definitely hindered the healing process. I would lock myself in my room just smoking large amounts of weed for weeks or longer at a time, then do more stims to get me out of the house. Exercise, eating well/healthy, drinking clean water, and good sleep will do wonders for the way you feel. If you decide to smoke after enough time has passed and you still hallucinate, perhaps you may be ultra-sensitive to weed. Some people are.

drugs will always be around but your mental health may not. take care of yourself and be safe.

I would say abstain from all drugs for a while and allow yourself to return to baseline and heal. When I used to do a lot of molly and adderall I would use weed to cope with the comedowns and the next few days. Looking back, I think weed definitely hindered the healing process. I would lock myself in my room just smoking large amounts of weed for weeks or longer at a time, then do more stims to get me out of the house. Exercise, eating well/healthy, drinking clean water, and good sleep will do wonders for the way you feel. If you decide to smoke after enough time has passed and you still hallucinate, perhaps you may be ultra-sensitive to weed. Some people are.

drugs will always be around but your mental health may not. take care of yourself and be safe.

Thank you for the concern and advice :) I have been using kratom, kava and valerian root pretty frequently with weed and the hallucinations only come about when I smoke a lot of weed and get too high.

I'd like to do an update on this. I was a complete idiot and decided to smoke meth one last time (yeah right.~_~) .. Ended up slamming it and smoking it for 4 straight days. On the comedown I hallucinated so crazily that I literally slammed on the breaks on the freeway because I thought the road was making a 90° turn.. Which it wasn't... I saw horse drawn chariots chasing me on and cutting me off on the freeway... I had to pull over for my own safety as well as my friends... Had another friend pick us up at 3 am. I thought I was in a rain storm. The wind was blowing super hard.. But I couldn't feel it.. But the trees looked like they were blowing really hard. I could also see rain drops on my skin, and hitting the windows.. Yet windshield wipers did nothing. It was according to my sober friend completely calm... And a clear night out.

Trees were running along side my car and my friends car... With tentacle legs.. Trees and plants growing out of the side walk... Cars turned into monsters... Attacking each other.. Monsters flying in the sky... Hearing voices and bad romance by lady gaga playing on repeat... But at 3 am and I know no one was listening to it.. The neighborhood we were in was a really nice one.. And the music was loud. To the point if it really were playing that loud someone would have called the cops.. I took seroquel to try to kill the hallucinations.. It made them slightly better. Then came chest pain and a hospitalization (was convinced I was having a heart attack), was fine they gave me iv lorazepam..

I tried to explain to the doctor how insane the hallucinations were but they treated me like utter shit for being a meth user.. Got like 10 lectures.. And one nurse was so rude.. I couldn't believe it.. But they all said they thought I was exaggerating. My friend who also overdosed on molly with me that one time was with me and having the same intense hallucinations. We have both been sober from stimulants for a while (besides one small relapse on a bump of meth on Saturday) but overall this was nearly a month and a half ago. I hallucinate always... If I look hard enough or close my eyes I still see the constant flowing water droplets coming at me.. And in the dark stuff looks like its moving.. Pretty intensely too. Like black flames around every object. Wiggling around etc. When I smoke weed too I see cartoons when I close my eyes. They look like cartoons in fast motion (like 10 x speed) and its always cartoon characters racing or being chased with an environemt flying by behind them.

Anyhow, I'm swearing off stims. I know I said I would before but fucked up. (Meth is hard to turn down when its free) but when I've talked to other tweekers, doctors etc. Everyone acts like we are exaggerating... I swear when you watch a monster eating another monster as clear as day... While watching mountain ranges turn into giant monsters.. Fighting.. (RL rampage much?) Its tough to make it up lol. No dragons though ;P. But yeah.. I dunno Wtf is happening? Is this gonna be permanent? while sober I don't hear anything... I don't feel paranoid (no cameras :p) and I only see the black flame auras around objects in the dark and those raindrops.

Why since that molly experience do stimulants make me hallucinate so hard it makes my 2ci, LSD and psilocybin mushrooms look like fucking tick tacks? I mean... Seriously. These hallucinations are like cartoony nightmares. What's weird is I kinda enjoy them. Sometimes I smoke extra weed just to trip out. But now I'm 6 days sober. I plan to keep sober for at least 2 months then I want to return to weed and weak herbs like blue lotus, kava and kratom. But I swore off the stims.