• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Weed and paranoia

rinal

Greenlighter
Hey guys, idk about you but I’ve been smoking weed on and off for about 7 years now. No matter what strain I smoke I just can’t shake this horrible feeling of insecurity and paranoia that I would normally never have.
Do you know why that is?
I am a pretty open person and have difficulty understanding why I feel that way…. Weed makes me explore thoughts I would normally never even think about. It doesn’t give me that feel good type of feeling most people have and just leaves me feeling kind of worthles and low…. ouch I know! It kind of exploits insecurities I never thought I had haha…. So likeeeeeee how do you overcome this feeling?….. or can you relate?!? Let’s share thoughts.

Hi welcome to Bluelight, sorry you are experiencing these negative effects when you smoke cannabis.

How much and how often do you smoke?

Do you smoke alone or with others?

Are you using other drugs as well?

How much Caffeine do you consume per day?

Do any direct relatives suffer from either : Paranoid Schizophrenia, Social Anxiety Disorder or Schizoaffective disorder?

Ino
Hi welcome to Bluelight, sorry you are experiencing these negative effects when you smoke cannabis.

Hi, thank you!
I normally drink a cup or two a day….. I don’t usually smoke often, however I have!!!
I smoke when I can’t go to sleep… a couple puffs…. Have also done it in a social setting but doesn’t help being introverted hahaha… I feel like I give off the weirdest vibes and just overthink everything

A couple of years ago, I started exploring other drugs… and oh my, like so thankful for having a different prospective and viewing things from a diff angle that other drugs helped me with… that’s why I’m like how the duck can’t I just chill on weed hayaaaaaa!!!HELP!! I’m pretty sure it’s mental and psychological and I’m all for controlling my feeling

Do any direct relatives suffer from either : Paranoid Schizophrenia, Social Anxiety Disorder or Schizoaffective disorder?

Sorry didn’t see the last part, no members of my family or relatives suffer from that.

there are a few different things you could try here then, you could try certain strains to see how you get on, i highly recommend trying to combine some CBD flower with some normal weed, and just try even a tiny bit of a nug with it, the high resembles a lot less psychoactive oldskool cannabis experience a lot more 'chilled' feeling , gives a moreish feeling but its best to use self control and wait before having more, as in the end THC will overpower the CBD and you can get an onset of the anxiety you describe already. You should use CBD and THC at the same time as many believe having CBD before helps but it doesnt it can actually make the feelings of THC hit faster and harder

most people will build a tolerance where as if you only tend to have a couple of puffs late evening before sleep then it wont build that fast.
The other option you have is to forgo caffeine entirely and see how you get on. Some people have slower processing of caffeine in the body therefore the caffeine remains in the system for longer which could affect your weed high.

Are you combining this with tobacco may i ask?

Sounds like a tolerance issue to me , if I’ve had a break or have quit smoking weed and then start using again the impending feeling of dread n paranoia can take over your thoughts. It also makes me over think silly things like something I said to somebody ten years ago at Christmas and makes me introverted too. But within a week smoking daily it doesn’t have that affect anymore and leaves me chilled out relaxed and hungry 🤤

If you want to feel proper real almost scary paranoid thoughts after a few big pipes of crack now that’s a head fuck the most silly things pop into your head and you believe these stupid far fetched things lol

As others have said maybe try cbd and also try n find if it’s an indica or sativa your smoking , sativas more of a head high and can cause this in my experience. Hope this kinda helps

Sativa does that to me so i can only smoke indica. Some people just can't smoke without panic.

I got into paranoia with powerful hash, weed not so much but I heard of other people who experienced the same with weed, it is not uncommon and it is probably more suited to be smoked in company where if you are with fun people you are less likely to plunge into paranoia.

OUeOogCm.jpg

we call it THE FEAR and its all through psychedelic pop culture.

its when the trip gets the better of ya and pot also being a psychedelic can do it just as well as acid or shrooms.

taking a break will stop THE FEAR but the second you go back there is a good chance THE FEAR will return.

I have found this happens most when I over do it or smoke something that is way stronger than I am ready for at that moment.

My advice take a break then go and face THE FEAR and see if your any better.

Guys, please. Nothing is gonna help. OP gets paranoid from weed and it makes him feel insecure. This is exactly what weed started doing to me and countless other people I know and all of them stopped doing weed because of just that. Weed is not for everyone and there is NOTHING that can be done, the drug is not for him. The psychedelic aspect of weed is there and quite strong, and it will always make some people inspect their own mind in an unpleasant way.

Sure, you could take a benzo or loads of booze with the weed, that sorts the problem out for me. I only enjoy weed when I am drunk because that shuts down the feelings of insecurity and worthlessness that weed immediately conjures. Drink 2 litres of beer and then take a few puffs, I bet that will work. It is NOT caffeine or the tobacco!

It gives paranoia....at least for me-when i smoke long periods without breaks and strong strains.As to all spices&other synth.canabinoids-better abstain from this.My weed is almost good outdoor,not so strong.....a little bit additive to my meds.Smokin'week and abstain week works great....it's not cheap also even in rural areas.Drinkin' good whiskey everyday is a way more cheap than smokin' everyday.....but as i have some view-a lot of people prefer spices-they don't smell&traffic police drug checkers not detect it.probably also much more tend to producing addiction&mental health issues those spices.Also cheaper than weed

Last edited:
Guys, please. Nothing is gonna help. OP gets paranoid from weed and it makes him feel insecure. This is exactly what weed started doing to me and countless other people I know and all of them stopped doing weed because of just that. Weed is not for everyone and there is NOTHING that can be done, the drug is not for him. The psychedelic aspect of weed is there and quite strong, and it will always make some people inspect their own mind in an unpleasant way.

Sure, you could take a benzo or loads of booze with the weed, that sorts the problem out for me. I only enjoy weed when I am drunk because that shuts down the feelings of insecurity and worthlessness that weed immediately conjures. Drink 2 litres of beer and then take a few puffs, I bet that will work. It is NOT caffeine or the tobacco!
This could well be the case as it is for many.

But I have had panic attacks from pot and sometimes get the fear to yet find with moderation this is not such a problem (not that I always moderate mind you but THE FEAR is a sure sign of panic attack coming)

I normally drink a cup or two a day….. I don’t usually smoke often, however I have!!!
I smoke when I can’t go to sleep… a couple puffs….
When you say "a couple puffs" do you literally mean a couple of granny hits from a little one hitter or a couple of lung-filling cough-inducing bong rips? Believe me, it makes a difference.

I'm with the crowd that says it's a tolerance issue. If you only use it when you can't sleep, then you prolly aren't using it often enough to build a healthy tolerance. I'd say take smaller "puffs" but more often throughout the day if possible. Obviously not before work or anything important but after you get home. I have always opted for a light buzz for hours at a time rather than being high off my ass all at once. Getting too high with no tolerance can induce anxiety and paranoia, even for the best of us.

Also, what do you do to occupy your time when you smoke? Do you take the hits then crawl into bed? That could be a problem as well because it allows you to ruminate and think about shit you normally don't think about when your mind/body is occupied. Once again, maybe get high earlier than bedtime and listen to some music or play guitar or watch Adult Swim or something. Keeping your mind occupied on diversion can help keep negative thoughts away as well.

And maybe try laying off the coffee.

you're telling him that it might be a good idea to smoke while he's drunk, but if some of us were to do that, there's a good chance we get the spins and puke

but we should all stop and he should listen to you

:rofl:

there are a few different things you could try here then, you could try certain strains to see how you get on, i highly recommend trying to combine some CBD flower with some normal weed, and just try even a tiny bit of a nug with it, the high resembles a lot less psychoactive oldskool cannabis experience a lot more 'chilled' feeling , gives a moreish feeling but its best to use self control and wait before having more, as in the end THC will overpower the CBD and you can get an onset of the anxiety you describe already. You should use CBD and THC at the same time as many believe having CBD before helps but it doesnt it can actually make the feelings of THC hit faster and harder

most people will build a tolerance where as if you only tend to have a couple of puffs late evening before sleep then it wont build that fast.
The other option you have is to forgo caffeine entirely and see how you get on. Some people have slower processing of caffeine in the body therefore the caffeine remains in the system for longer which could affect your weed high.

Are you combining this with tobacco may i ask?
Yeah I heard that combing is smooth but I’m like doesn’t a joint have both?!?

we call it THE FEAR and its all through psychedelic pop culture.

its when the trip gets the better of ya and pot also being a psychedelic can do it just as well as acid or shrooms.

taking a break will stop THE FEAR but the second you go back there is a good chance THE FEAR will return.

I have found this happens most when I over do it or smoke something that is way stronger than I am ready for at that moment.

My advice take a break then go and face THE FEAR and see if your any better.
Yeah….. I feel that.

When you say "a couple puffs" do you literally mean a couple of granny hits from a little one hitter or a couple of lung-filling cough-inducing bong rips? Believe me, it makes a difference.

I'm with the crowd that says it's a tolerance issue. If you only use it when you can't sleep, then you prolly aren't using it often enough to build a healthy tolerance. I'd say take smaller "puffs" but more often throughout the day if possible. Obviously not before work or anything important but after you get home. I have always opted for a light buzz for hours at a time rather than being high off my ass all at once. Getting too high with no tolerance can induce anxiety and paranoia, even for the best of us.

Also, what do you do to occupy your time when you smoke? Do you take the hits then crawl into bed? That could be a problem as well because it allows you to ruminate and think about shit you normally don't think about when your mind/body is occupied. Once again, maybe get high earlier than bedtime and listen to some music or play guitar or watch Adult Swim or something. Keeping your mind occupied on diversion can help keep negative thoughts away as well.

And maybe try laying off the coffee.
Good point