• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Weed and nausea

Tralen

Bluelighter
So, I thought I'd share my experience using marijuana to cute nausea.
Yesterday, I woke up feeling like shit. I started throwing up a couple hours after waking up. I didn't even want to move. I took a Phenergan hoping that it would stop the nausea, but it didn't do anything. I actually think I may have thrown up too soon after taking it. Well, anyways, this went on for most of the day with me feeling like crap, until later in the afternoon I decided I would take a small hit from my bubbler and see how I felt. So I packed up the little bowl and took a hit. Almost instantly my nausea started to fade. I didn't throw up again that day, and I woke up today feeling back to normal.

cannabis has always helped me avoid puking when I have felt like shit from drinking too much, etc.. Also a good way to help sleep too. I also believe its prescribed for that in certain states that have medical use legalized.

iv probably vomited from weed more times in my life than its helped me feel less nauseous

ginger seems to do the trick for me pretty well, but if its nausea from chemo or something i could see the worth in it

but maybe i just dont get nauseous that often, unless i am sick, in which case i am usually not smoking weed because i think it doesnt help the immune system

Weed can cause nausea but it's from anxiety. As long as you don't get too high it's a fantastic antiemetic. I've experienced this effect many times.

I smoked last night after not having smoked in a LONG time and I got nauseous as FUCK. Then I had a panic attack.

cannabis is the best anti-emetic I've ever tried- works wonders for nausea and such, has always worked for me.

I remember watching Melissa Etheridge on a number of talk shows speaking about how she used medical marijuana throughout chemotherapy for breast cancer. There are many articles about it. She claimed it was an excellent medication for not just the nausea but the overall chemo induced maladies.
I do not currently smoke but remember having altitude sickness at a ski resort many years ago and a skiing instructor told me to take a couple of hits off his joint. Within 1/2an hour I felt completely normal after non stop vomiting all afternoon. I actually got hungry later that night.

If I smoke too much I get extremely nauseous... if i go without drinking enough water during the day and i smoke at night, ill throw up.. it's never after i've fallen asleep though.