View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Weed and LSD

PsychaStevic

Bluelight Crew
I don't understand why people preach that cannabis and lsd just don't go well together and can cause anxiety. I've honestly found cannabis to ground me if things got difficult. Could this be the fact that I'm a daily smoker and it's just a "base" feeling when stoned? Anyone else feel that the bud soothes the trip?

Yes being a daily smoker makes a major difference, not only is your baseline different in pure quantitative terms, but you will also have qualitative differences from tolerance: you will not react normally to weed anymore, it won't be quite as sharp and psychedelic anymore and it will be relatively more easy-going and stoning. Also there are ceiling effects, usually involving enough CB2 agonism to offset the psychedelic CB1 agonism sooner or later.

Without tolerance, cannabis can be notoriously *sharp* - with sharper psychedelic effects also often can come paranoia, anxiety, etc.

weed is a lot like a psychedelic teddy bear, to which you can look forward all day - and then come home and cuddle with it - very gratifying and easy.

however it affects the same general psychedelic mechanisms that produce time dilation and sensory/thought enhancements so that when combined with lsd etc. it is no longer a teddy bear at the end of a long day, but it is a fire breathing dragon unleashing lsd's larger wings and talons of sensations and looping flights of ideas.

If you have ADHD, that could be a reason that weed helps ground the trip.

I've got ADHD and that doesn't work like that. Weed helped me smoothing the edges of psychedelics or dissociatives when I was a daily smoker, because of the reasons Solipsis perfectly explained above.

Since December, I only smoke once or twice a month. The last three times I smoked (Once with 4-HO-MET, once with 3-HO-PCE, and once weed alone) it triggered a lot of anxiety, looping thoughts and inability to focus.

Like Solipsis already said, it's likely because the OP is a daily smoker. There is a group of people who love to smoke weed while on LSD, and a group who gets very bad experiences from it. I have seen no definitive proof, but it seems likely that the first group mostly contains daily smokers while the second group doesn't.

What always bothers me when reading about bad experiences with psychedelics is that people seem to overlook the link with weed. Very often the writer mentions smoking pot before things "go south". And most of the time they do not connect the smoking with the bad experience, while it is obviously the cause. The insight that smoking weed on psychedelics can lead to bad trips needs to be wider spread. It has caused a lot of good experiences to go bad and lead to potentially dangerous situations.

Like Solipsis already said, it's likely because the OP is a daily smoker. There is a group of people who love to smoke weed while on LSD, and a group who gets very bad experiences from it. I have seen no definitive proof, but it seems likely that the first group mostly contains daily smokers while the second group doesn't.

What always bothers me when reading about bad experiences with psychedelics is that people seem to overlook the link with weed. Very often the writer mentions smoking pot before things "go south". And most of the time they do not connect the smoking with the bad experience, while it is obviously the cause. The insight that smoking weed on psychedelics can lead to bad trips needs to be wider spread. It has caused a lot of good experiences to go bad and lead to potentially dangerous situations.
True, but as I said, it does the exact opposite for me. I can get a little anxiety coming up right at the peak and once I get some bud in me I'm good to go. But like you said again I smoke about a gram of weed a day so someone that doesn't likely gets much more high than I do and being on acid already doesn't help