• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Weed after working out/exercise?

George1012

Bluelighter
I've noticed that when I've done any strenuous physical activity like a hard strenuous workout before smoking, even hours before I smoked it increased the intensity and length of the high significantly and it takes less then usual to get me baked. I've tried lots of things to potentiate the high, like mangos and dark chocolate right before and those have worked really well but exercise before also makes it way stronger. Has anyone but me noticed this? I tried searching but all I could find were cases of people working out while high and that's not what I'm interested in. Smoking before a run would be a terrible idea so it's saved for after but it is well worth it. The harder I've worked out/ran the more it potentiates the high. I don't lift weights but I run 2-3 times a week and go on hikes. I run hard and am sore the whole day after, as I run in the morning, sometimes if I ran hard enough I'm sore for a few days. The 'exercise effect' usually lasts a day or two after a hard run and during that time my tolerance is a lot lower then usual. I've been running a lot longer then I've been smoking. I'm in a kind of 'off' season. I've cut back from 5-6 days a week to 2-3 days running a week. sorry for rambling. So why do people prefer to smoke before they workout instead of after? How come exercise seems to cut my tolerance in half?

Strangely enough, I like to hit a bowl when strength training between sets. A set of 10-15, hit the bowl during my ~30sec break, then throw it on repeat for three sets per exercise/isolation.

I don't really keep that going, though, it just eventually gets me to a superficial "runner's high" kind of point where the stress of lifting just doesn't bother me. That normally takes about two or three exercises and then I'm good to go for the rest of the workout, and then once I stretch it all out I smoke the fuck out, bro, and it's Heaven.

I agree with you on that. When you're already exhausted and have endorphins running through you already (and probably endocannabinoids and some other shit I can't even think of right now), a session can easily blow your fucking mind.

When I'm doing cardio, though, weed only helps on machines-- let's me close my eyes and just focus on automatic muscle movement and listen to/look at the cardio-indicator responses occasionally to ensure I'm keeping pace. Normally I don't have to worry about that, though, because sweat and heart rate are natural indicators... I normally only check that shit when I'm cooling down before I bump up a few levels to make sure I don't give myself a fucking heart attack, lol.

If I'm going for a jog, being high seriously makes me just feel like "Fuck. THIS." after about 7 blocks. Weed's best for after going for an actual run-- not sure about an actual bike ride, though.

Strangely enough, I like to hit a bowl when strength training between sets. A set of 10-15, hit the bowl during my ~30sec break, then throw it on repeat for three sets per exercise/isolation.
Smoking while lifting ? I think I'd be to chilled and relaxed to do any decent weights. Working out on cocaine on the other hand works magic, just make sure if it's a leg day you won't face stairs.

Physical activity increass the THC in your blood or absorbed by your blood or whatever so yea it makes sense
Could have something to do with blood sugar level. Which is what makes wake and bake so good.

Smoking while lifting ? I think I'd be to chilled and relaxed to do any decent weights. Working out on cocaine on the other hand works magic, just make sure if it's a leg day you won't face stairs.

Only for the first few sets. Helps me focus. If I over-do it it's a disaster, but just a little buzz, a slight high.... meh, it works for me.

Uppers make me go way overboard. End up sore for a week afterward, fucks up the whole routine and my work performance.

Only for the first few sets. Helps me focus. If I over-do it it's a disaster, but just a little buzz, a slight high.... meh, it works for me.

Uppers make me go way overboard. End up sore for a week afterward, fucks up the whole routine and my work performance.
Which is exactly what I did on my leg day, the line before last set might have been tad to big, ended up doing 10 reps 150 kg. Couldn't walk up 4 steps when it wore off.

I tested the idea yesterday again. After exercising you get a much stronger body and mind high off less. It's also rewarding to smoke after exercising lol.

I tested the idea yesterday again. After exercising you get a much stronger body and mind high off less. It's also rewarding to smoke after exercising lol.
Lower blood sugar, same as doing wake and bake.

^^I also think just being fatigued in general will make your high seem "boosted," in a sense. To me it just turns most weed into the stoniest indica possible and I just get couchlock after a post-workout session.

^^I also think just being fatigued in general will make your high seem "boosted," in a sense. To me it just turns most weed into the stoniest indica possible and I just get couchlock after a post-workout session.
I once smoked a kief loaded splif on wake and bake, I was just lying flat on my face for 2 hours.