Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Harm Reduction Wedinos suspended

Forever Changes

Bluelighter
20-07-2023: Temporary suspension to WEDINOS analysis
Unfortunately we are going to have to temporary suspend WEDINOS analysis, due to issues relating to the laboratory environment. We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your support of the WEDINOS Programme and will keep you informed.

I really really hope this isn't a sign of an imminent permanent closure. Anyone know of any alternative testing services in the UK?

Fuuuuck I really hope it's just what they say, instead of some government 'crackdown on drug use'. Because y'know allowing people to know wtf it is that they're taking is enabling druggies. 🙄

I really really hope this isn't a sign of an imminent permanent closure. Anyone know of any alternative testing services in the UK?

Fucking hell.

Bad enough for the ones who do pills/k but without wedinos sourcing clean coke or heroin is surely going to be harder. Doubly dangerous on the H front with the afghan poppy ban aswell.

The only other similar service I'm aware of is Energy Control in Spain who can tell the exact % purity even but takes weeks and costs £80, which makes it much less useful to most end users. :\

Fucking hell.

Bad enough for the ones who do pills/k but without wedinos sourcing clean coke or heroin is surely going to be harder. Doubly dangerous on the H front with the afghan poppy ban aswell.

The only other similar service I'm aware of is Energy Control in Spain who can tell the exact % purity even but takes weeks and costs £80, which makes it much less useful to most end users. :\

Is that £80 for a single sample test?

They did say it's temporary, and hopefully that will be the case. If they hadn't used that word it would sound much worse. An issue with the lab environment though, I wonder what that actually means, as it could be health and safety, or security, or maintenance repairs, or anything else besides.

Unfortunately I don't know of any alternatives in the UK.

Is that £80 for a single sample test?

I believe so mate yes. Google them "energy control spain", they are however to my knowledge the only service offering exact figures on purity.

they're a big thing among darkweb coke dealers trying to tout the highest purity, before they mix it for resale 🙄

They did say it's temporary, and hopefully that will be the case. If they hadn't used that word it would sound much worse. An issue with the lab environment though, I wonder what that actually means, as it could be health and safety, or security, or maintenance repairs, or anything else besides.

Unfortunately I don't know of any alternatives in the UK.
Sounds like someone’s been helping themselves to the samples cupboard.

It's a really small lab in a uni in Wales, could be for any number of reasons, sickness in staff or anything. I wouldn't worry to much and I'm sure it'll be back up. Im going to ask an old friend who works in the uni to see if they have any* info.

*edited typo

Last edited:
It's a really small lab in a uni in Wales, could be for any number of reasons, sickness in staff or anything. I wouldn't worry to much and I'm sure it'll be back up. Im going to ask an old friend who works in the uni to see if they have any* info.

*edited typo

They do a great service. Do they get public funding or is it just the university that funds it? I'd be willing to donate money to help keep it afloat

Fuck! Wedinos closed? They should be opening and supporting more places like Wedinos instead of closing it. Do they feel there are not enough drug related deads in the UK? Do they want US figures or what?

About Energy Control: you can send your samples for them to identity what's in it, or ask them to make a % purity test, as @elgoucho9 said.
Prizes: Spain is divided in Autonomous Communities. In the AACC of Madrid, Catalonia (Barcelona), Andalucía (south) and Baleares (Ibiza, Mallorca...) the identitification test is free and the % purity is 60€. In the rest of Spain the identf test is 30€ and the % test 60€. They also have an international service, I can't remember the prizes, but shouldn't be too different than those that I wrote for the rest of Spain, but I am not sure. I guess if they deal with foreign users, they must have information in English.
It may worth mentioning that they also have specific test for cannabis where they do look for pesticides, heavy metals and such. Expensive tests, can't remember how much, but expensive
Their labs are in Barcelona and you have to wait like a week or ten days for the results

And I wonder if there's a risk that if a sample is seized by customs in Spain you could be in for legal trouble
Don't really think, at least not in the Spanish customs. Energy Control is supported with public money from health services and even the EU Next Generation programs. Never heard nor read about any problem.

Energy Control seem to have a limited list of substances they can test for

And I wonder if there's a risk that if a sample is seized by customs in Spain you could be in for legal trouble?
That list looks like the beginning of a pretty comprehensive list of substances in alphabetical order, starting with the numerically named compounds. But for some reason the rest of the list is missing from the web page. It's probably a technical error.

It would be very weird indeed to only test for substances from 1cP-LSD up to Acetaminophen and most known substances in between, and not to test anything that comes after Acetaminophen in the alphabet.

Regarding the legal issues, unless anyone provides their name and address when submitting samples, no one would know exactly where they have come from.

Yes, I think the same, alphabetical or something.
You can try and read the Spanish versión of the web. It's wider and you will understand the compounds, same or very close names

Maybe someone's been doing some voluntary overtime and the Uni is having a hard time removing them from the sample store after they barricaded themselves in with the entire back catalogue of Warp records...