• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Weak batch of poppy pods?

NickNightingale

Bluelighter
The first batch of pods from this particular source were good. However the current batch from the same source are extremely weak.

I just wanted to ask what might lead to a weak batch?

Both batches were Somniferum, and it's not simply a matter of tolerance - I still have original batch, and from my testing it is approx. 3x (possibly more) stronger than new batch

Could it be a matter of storage, age, crop conditions, etc.?

There definitely can be a large variation in strength based on crop conditions
Think of it like dirt weed vs really high end carefully controlled cannabis grows, there can be large discrepancies between the amount of the active drug in the plant material.

It's always good practice to test your pods with a smaller dosage when getting a new batch because dosages of alkaloids can vary widely.

dude. theres literally a million and one variables at work that could account for a weak batch. its an organic product. it doesnt come from a lab. varying potency and quality is something youre gonna have to live with if pods are your thing. even within a batch that you order there could be wildly different potency from dose to dose. just some shit you gotta live with, so be careful with those. dont ever suspect you know how potent some shit you cooked up is, test a little bit to be safe, of course. fortunately, pods can deliver a kick ass, rounded, warm and organic buzz. up to you if its worth it i reckon.

dude. theres literally a million and one variables at work that could account for a weak batch. its an organic product. it doesnt come from a lab. varying potency and quality is something youre gonna have to live with if pods are your thing. even within a batch that you order there could be wildly different potency from dose to dose. just some shit you gotta live with, so be careful with those. dont ever suspect you know how potent some shit you cooked up is, test a little bit to be safe, of course. fortunately, pods can deliver a kick ass, rounded, warm and organic buzz. up to you if its worth it i reckon.
I feel you. Still gonna stick with it I think.

On a related note, do you ever crack open a pod and the "ribs" on the inside are very dark?

Could be wrong, but I think for whatever reason these are much more potent. The majority of the "ribs" are a kind of tan colour

I feel you. Still gonna stick with it I think.

On a related note, do you ever crack open a pod and the "ribs" on the inside are very dark?

Could be wrong, but I think for whatever reason these are much more potent. The majority of the "ribs" are a kind of tan colour
its been years since i have had my hands on any pods. its been since you could order them on ebay. so, ten years or more? i dunno about the ribs, if the darker ones are more potent, then hell yeah. im not sure what bearing that would actually have on them in terms of potency...so yeah i could not tell you one way or the other in confidence. pods kick ass though, i think the high from all of those different opiates is quite nice. i dunno maybe im weird but i have a thing for thebaine. enjoy though.

Growing conditions are variable and thus do affect the plant. So does the specific variety of poppy. You may simply have caught a batch of lower-alkaloid and therefore lower potency ones.

Growing conditions are variable and thus do affect the plant. So does the specific variety of poppy. You may simply have caught a batch of lower-alkaloid and therefore lower potency ones.
Seems that way. They can get the job done, so not total bunk, just requires a lot of material