• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

We recently moved and now we can't find any smokers

funnydan

Greenlighter
We recently moved to Sandusky County, Ohio and we are having trouble finding{snip} just smoke buddies. What should we do to find friends(snip)in our area?

Last edited by a moderator:
Find people with common interest. Chances are that if you like to get stoned and do something, there are other people who like to as well. Maybe join a bowling league or start being a regular at a smaller venue or some type of club.

It's legal for medical use in Ohio, so maybe you could get a green card and hang out at dispensaries. :cool:

Me personally, I'd check out a number of your local bars and music scene also and examine the scene and types of people who go there and EVENTUALLY I'd assume you SHOULD find one of them has some stoner type vibe and stoners.

Of course, it VERY much depends on exactly where you live as for example, the town I used to live in was a HUGE pothead college town and not all are like that....and while I think MOST bars are not frequented by stoners, you'll find one that is eventually.

I would look for bars that have different types of bands play there as a start...and not just like a bar that has a jazz bands or light rock band....but the kinds of bars that are known for hosting a WIDE array of bands of different musical styles....and if ANY of those bands that EVER play at "said bar" are jam bands with influences like Pink Floyd or Phish, or also sometimes metal and punk bands...Id say you are on a good start.

If you find a bar that hosts bands that are in any way "hippie"....then show up to that show and drink some beers with some people and look for people who look like they have a bit of a hippie or "different" look.....maybe big goaties or dread locks or more piercings or tats, long hairs, scruffy types lol, people that look like they skateoboard too...look for certain types of band T-shirts also.....and strike up a convo with them while drinking and CASUALLY after talking for a while bring up that you are new to the area and wondering if anyone around their smokes weed.

Do it in the right way and don't be sketchy.

I'd assume if you are persistent but at the same time CHILL about the way you do it you'll find someone who smokes sooner or later and then you'll find a couple of their friends smoke too and then find a dealer.

That's what I'd do.

Just DON'T walk into your typical bar and look around and see that there's a bunch of 40 or 50 somethings drinking cocktails dressed in their work clothes with a light jazz band playing in the back and assume they are potheads and walk up to them and ask for weed HAHAHAHA.

That's not gonna work.

You gotta find the hippies/freaks first, which isn't always as easy in some towns as others, but they are usually around if you look.

Good luck.

Last edited:
It's legal for medical use in Ohio, so maybe you could get a green card and hang out at dispensaries. :cool:

Yeah, but it depends on what they prescribe it for cause getting medical weed is harder in some states than others.

I live in NY and our laws are RETARDEDLY strict even though we "technically" have medical weed.

You must have one of 12 conditions to get medical weed right now in NY like AIDS/HIV, Cancer, and horrible diseases, but it will probably change soon and get more lenient I think.