• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

We Love Cricket Thread 2nd Innings

It made me laugh when McCullum said 'we're not playing for draws' before this match.

If that were truly the case then they'd have prepared results pitches. They didn't do so because they were scared they'd lose. As much as England were behind all the way through this game I think NZ got what they deserved. Six wickets, mostly tailenders, on the final day and you could only get 5? Serves you right. :p

How many batting collapses from NZ on "flat" pitches this series? Only the second Test for mind. England were well beaten in the First and Third tests. Today there was only one team trying to win and one trying to survive. Lets not forget you were playing the worst Test team in the world. Imagine the sledging Broad would have copped from Australia (and don't think they won't use todays effort come July).

Bring on those doctored English pitches please if that's what our bowlers can do on a carpark.

You know those FA Cup ties between 'minnows' and 'giants' where the only chance the minnow has is if they play way beyond their abilities and the giant plays well below theirs?

That's what this series was. And you still only drew 0-0. Weather permitting, England win the replay 2-0.

I'm only being slightly ceorlish. You did play well. But good luck with things like Fulton scoring a century in each innings again. Don't get too used to those century opening stands. You may, however, be saved by the weather. It'll probably still be snowing.

I wish him all the best he is a troubled guy . Needs to get off the sauce , apparently he had been for almost 18 months . Then had a few n now this .

Last edited:
They say alcohol wasn't a factor yet he was drinking late at a pub. They always say it is "unprovoked" but it just happens to be the same people who get into trouble when they drink :\

Poor bastard was hopefully going to use the IPL to get back into the NZ team.

IPL time .

Not Cricket really but i'm watching Murali bowl to a partnership of Tendulkar & Ponting atm . Pretty surreal stuff.

Re. Jesse Ryder

I saw the defence attorney trying to defend his clients today "It wasn't a hate crime" was one of the lines he came out with .

Is this big news In NZ OTW/IJ ?

Bigger news is Daniel Vetorri back for the ODI and Champions Trophy. Pity he isn't playing the Tests because his batting is worth at least 30-40 runs an innings.

Back to the serious stuff, the return to test match cricket (the purest of all forms of the game)for England in 6/7 weeks, back against New Zealand =D

Will England improve? the kiwis fail to deal with the conditions? Or will they (NZ) do what they would have done last time if it wasn't for the weather, and given us a sound beating!

Right then so what about the Oz Ashes squad

I see they have brought Haddin back to babysit . All a bit strange very inexperienced . No Mitchell Johnson :( . That Harris chap is ok but is 33 n only played 11 tests or so .
Only one Spinner & he is pretty shit . Chris Rogers 35 1 test & likely to bat at 3 :?

Bob Willis was just asked if he thought it was the worst Oz Ashes squad & was very diplomatic . But more or less said yes .

What's the verdict & can anyone add some more info about some of the lesser known Players ?

Michael Clarke (C), Brad Haddin (VC), Jackson Bird, Ed Cowan, James Faulkner, Ryan Harris, Phil Hughes, Usman Khawaja, Nathan Lyon, James Pattinson, Chris Rogers, Peter Siddle, Mitchell Starc, Matthew Wade, David Warner, Shane Watson

Not exactly Frightening is it .

Jackson Bird sounds like a Basketball Player. Will he be flying this summer ?
Will Nathan Lyon Roar ?
Or will Runs & Wickets be Starc8)

Last edited:
The bowling attack is quality, particularly players like bird, Faulkner and Harris who can all move the ball. Harris destroyed South Africa in two consecutive series and only injury has held him back in the last 12 months. Pattinson is fast and brutal, probably the best Australian bowler since McGrath. Siddle is a solid toiler and starc has the ability and pace to really do well on English pitches. They lack a good spinner but unless swann recovers, neither do England.

Australia's problem is their batting. Take Clarke away and there is no one world class to really threaten an attack. Warner, Watson and hughes have moments of brilliance but none of them average over 40. They lack the ability or intelligence to dig in and not try and search for boundaries. They won't be able to score enough runs for their bowlers to defend.

Last edited:
Two things this thread has missed.

1. Chris Gayle's ridiculous 175 in 20/20. I'm no fan of the format but fuck me a 30 ball century takes some doing even if it's kids playing in the road. Respect Mr Cool.

2. Some geezer hit a Sobers-esque (I just wanted to say Sobers-esque really) six sixes in an over for Lancashire 2nd XI yesterday.

I'll come back to that Aussie Ashes squad later, when I feel it merits attention. Like fucking never. Comedy tabloid speak duly noted and chuckled at though Brimzini.

I saw Gayle"s innings, 30 balls, 17 sixer's, 13 fours. Every shot a boundary 8o I hate to see that beaten but shit, how poor is the bowling when you can't even restrict him from hitting a boundary?

Like I said Australia has serious competition for their bowling attack (Johnson missing out is a surprise to no one). If England struggle again against NZ can you honestly say they have another two bowlers waiting in the wings putting pressure on Andersen and company? Better stock up on the fresh mints.....

Chris Tremlett . i do believe smashed the Aussies last time & is fit again . 49 wickets @ 26.75 , 2.92 economy . Was it 11 in the ashes ?
Onions just got a 6 wickets yesterday . I'm not worried .

I see Ryan Harris is crocked maybe Johnson might get in if he doesn't make it .

Somerset On Tv as well atm enjoying watching us destroy a decent Warickshire attack . Must get down to the County ground this year , i get free tickets as well so no excuse .

In Fun Cricket ( T20 ) That was indeed a remarkable innings by Mr Cool . I do catch a bit of IPL & have seen two games where i caught it at the end & it was exciting .
In one Mishra Bowled a hat trick in the last over that was pretty good .

Oh yeah OTW .
Monty is a very good spinner & pisses on any of the Oz spinners .

Last edited:
Johnson isn't even the next best bowler. Hilfinhaus or even Ben cutting if fit are both better seam bowlers. Johnson is fast and a lefty but hasn't been much chop for a couple of seasons.

Onion is really scrapping the bottom of the pickle jar.

Once Durham Had him N Mustard as WK .

c Mustard b Onions

you couldn't make it up :)

He's looking good right know honestly !

Swanny Bowled 20 overs yesterday .:)

He is so important To England , even more so against the Aussies with all there Left Handed Batsmen .