• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Help! We have all heard of LSD and Lithium, but has anyone tried Shrooms and Lithium?

Dr PHD

Bluelighter
LSD and Lithium is known for causing seizures and ER visits. I have seen reports of many people taking shrooms/psilocybin and lithium fine. I know the risks of combining Lithium and LSD and I want to hear reports from those who have taken psilocybin/shrooms and Lithium?

I have done shrooms and am on a maintenance dose of Lithium of 900mg/day. Granted, I never take more than 2g of mushrooms at once. Not enough to trip as I don't think that would be good for my mental health and could lead to issues. Hope that helps.

I also take Lithium and never had a problem taking shrooms with it. I take 600mg.s at bedtime. And I'd have to say Lithium has helped a lot.

There's no recreational value to Lithium. I'm prescribed it...450mg at night. But once I got my pills mixed up and took 900mg by mistake. I couldn't walk, speech slurred, etc. But not in a fun way at all. It's just dumb and quite irksome. Ended up going to ER in a wheelchair cuz of not being able to walk.

So, since it sucks, it would not be a good experience while on your Shroom journey.

I can't imagine that if it's risky to combine LSD + lithium that it wouldn't also be risky to combo mushrooms + lithium. The way the two drugs work is so similar, I wouldn't expect that taking mushrooms instead is safer, unless someone can point out the key difference that would make it so.