• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Ways to potentiate Lisdexamfetamine? I need more energy due to severe illness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NarcoTerrorist

Greenlighter
I'm taking Lisdexamfetamine (Vyvanse) 70mg once daily. It's advertised to last for 12 hours, it lasts more like 2 hours after it kicks in, which is after about 1 hours. So in total I'm getting 3 hours of focus and energy out of this stuff. The come down is lame, but I have Lorazepam and Clonazepam as well as Methadone to soften the blow.

I used to take Dexedrine, and I know that Vyvanse is Dexedrine mixed with Lysine. I could switch to Dexedrine, I haven't tried it in years. Or I could try Adderall again, which I haven't tried for years.

I didn't enjoy Adderall years ago. I found it was much more harsh than Dexedrine for some reason. I'm guessing the Levo-Amphetamine has something to do with that.

Another option is Methylphenidate. I don't really enjoy the way it makes me feel. I find it's not as pleasant to be on, and I feel more agitated than when I'm on Amphetamines.

What should I do? Switch back to Dexedrine? The problem is, my insurance only covers 5mg instant release tablets. I will have to pop at least 3-4 of them, twice a day I would think? Maybe even like 6 a day, to get a full days worth of attention span and less fatigue.

I take them for a legitimate reason, I have a genetic immunodeficiency syndrome. It's basically like AIDS, and is always fatal by about 30. I'm 26 now, and get infections nonstop. I've gotten pneumonia 8 times since last march and had to be hospitalized every time because I could not fight it off with what a family doctor would give me. It always takes 2-3 broad spectrum antibiotics of different classes to get rid of. Last time I tried Moxifloxacin on it's own and it failed, the pneumonia increased in size. I ended up having to be on Ceftriaxone IV, Azithromycin IV and Moxifloxacin orally for more than 10 days in the hospital and then had to take 5 days of Cefuroxime Axetil. That was 3 weeks ago, and I'm coughing up blood again and have a raging fever and will be back in the hospital soon, guaranteed.

I need something that is going to keep me awake. Without Lisdexamfetamine I can only stay awake for about 3-4 hours due to the profound exhaustion I feel, and with it I can stay awake about 8 hours total in a day. I still sleep like a rock. I've been on the Methadone and Benzos for 5+ years, I'm totally tolerant to them and the doses haven't increased for 2 years so I'm not sedated because of the narcotics.

Would baking soda help at all? I know it supposedly helps for Dexedrine but with the added Lysine, I doubt it would make a difference. What do you think?

Very sorry to hear about your condition, but this is not ADD.
Aside from baking soda or switching to Adderall there isn't much I can suggest that would work from work for more than a week.

Moving to Other Drugs

Isn't sleep better for you. The exaughstion coming from your body fighting? Wouldnt trying to stay awake longer make you weaker? I am sorry to hear about your suffering.

SCIDS are a terrible group of diseases. I'm really sorry to hear about that.
It's obvious your energy is lacking b/c of your condition, so I would talk to your doctor about switching back to Dexedrine. You could always try and ask for Desoxyn (methamphetamine). They only come in 5 mg doses (so hopefully your insurance covers it) and people say that it's the best drug in its class.

And not that it's my business, but have you considered maybe a bone marrow transplant or something similar? I know this is dependent on what type of immunodeficiency you were born with, but I'm sure that after a transplant you would feel loads and loads better...like all the energy in the world. My cousin was born with SCIDS and it saved his life. I don't think you'd need to even take immunosuppresants (which are really nasty on the body) b/c you basically have no immune system.

Best of luck and I truly wish you the best

Ask your doctor about Desoxyn (Methamphetamine Hydrochloride) It's better than all the other pharmaceutical stimulants with half the side effects.

I am sorry to hear about your immunodeficiency disease.

Ask your doctor about Desoxyn (Methamphetamine Hydrochloride) It's better than all the other pharmaceutical stimulants with half the side effects.

I am sorry to hear about your immunodeficiency disease.

Why not buy some crystal meth? Are you saying the mexican meth is not good enough as the pharmaceutical one? Have you seen the size of some crystals? Those people have better labs than pfizer.

^Are you guys serious? Who the hell actually uses Crystal Meth therapeutically in a responsible manner? Does anyone actually weigh out 5-10mg of Crystal Meth to make their own Desoxyn? 8)

This guy takes 70mg Vyvanse daily, which is equivalent to 20-25mg Dexedrine released over the day... don't use Meth, OP

^Are you guys serious? Who the hell actually uses Crystal Meth therapeutically in a responsible manner? Does anyone actually weigh out 5-10mg of Crystal Meth to make their own Desoxyn? 8)

This guy takes 70mg Vyvanse daily, which is equivalent to 20-25mg Dexedrine released over the day... don't use Meth, OP

Believe it or not that's what I did.

But I don't recommend getting pure methamphetamine, if your doctor can prescribe you something, this is obviously the better choice here.

Why not buy some crystal meth? Are you saying the mexican meth is not good enough as the pharmaceutical one? Have you seen the size of some crystals? Those people have better labs than pfizer.

You guys watch too much breaking bad.
Why not buy crystal meth? 1) It's illegal. 2) His immune system is compromised? Need I say more? He can EASILY get the prescription, why are you guys advocating crystal methamphetamine to this person who is, to quote them, has a "severe illness".

I'm not saying what CH did isn't effective, but this guy can do this legally..... Crystal meth is fun, but this isn't at all appropriate for this thread.

Yes I agree Tricomb, what is the equivalent for 5mg of dextromethamphetamine to Dextroamphetamine?

I'm pretty sure that they're of near equal potency (d-MA being maybe 1.5x more potent than d-A). So dosages of Dexedrine and Desoxyn would be equal.

Have you considered any natural remedies? At this point, there may not be anything strong enough to really give you what you need, but hey, it's worth a shot! Try to find some Ma Huang twigs, or try chewing coca leaves, or even kratom! Maeng Da kratom is like adderall with none of the side effects and more of the euphoria, and it's legal, safe, inexpensive...I suggest you try! For even more euphoria, but at the price of some slight sedation (but still some stimulation) try bali kratom.

I was being sarcastic. I even got a warning for my post lol. The point was, that guy was reccomending he take desoxyn, which is fucking meth... Why not buy crystal if you're gonna do meth, right? Get a scale and weigh it out...

Of course it's crazy to suggest someone take fucking meth... Lisdexamphetamine is bad enough. The OP took so much he has developed a huge tollerance to speed, and what do you do? Instead of trying to convince him he's addicted, you're actually suggesting he take a stronger drug? Would you suggest to someone who's addicted to codeine painkillers switch to heroin because codeine just "won't do the trick anymore"?

But now I read the entire first post. All I can say is: Fuck that shit, get high non-stop. Very sorry to hear about your HIV-type disease. Best wishes, make the best out of it! :)

Last edited:
Believe it or not that's what I did.

But I don't recommend getting pure methamphetamine, if your doctor can prescribe you something, this is obviously the better choice here.
likewise. I can get a .3 bag of crystal and do bumps and not go overboard....its not that hard....

Personally, i think vyvanse is just a bullshit, placebo drug or something...
Ive taken 2 70mgs with no noticabel affect....

FUCK vyvanse man you have a fatal illness! Sorry if that offended you but man, technically a physician would(maybe)prescribe anything you please
GO to the DOC man get the strongest pain killers, the best benzos, and if you want hell get some adderall...
Im not sure on this, but if i KNEW i had this illness diagnosed, i would be scriped up like a doctor...

Oh and i believe amphetamines cause a weakening of the immune system, probably a BAD choice..dont quote me though,

Desoxyn is meth, but it's not racemic, it's not illegal, and is much better than suggesting the OP use crystal meth. Sarcastic or not that's dumb advice.

And so is the comment above me about milking the doctor for prescriptions. I'm sure the OP doesn't want to spend his life hopelessly addicted to opiates benzos AND amphetamines.

Sadly, I live in Canada and we don't have Desoxyn here. I'm not sure why since it's very useful for narcolepsy and fighting fatigue, ADHD/ADD etc. I have considered a bone marrow transplant. It's complicated for me because I have extremely low platelets. Surgery of any type is pretty risky, I have to be pumped full of platelets before and during a surgery. To be honest I'm afraid of a bone marrow transplant because it seems to be a very serious thing. My doctor is sending me 7 hours away to a larger city with a better hospital to see a better immmunologist at a childrens hospital because there isn't a lot of immunologists around in my city which is more than 1 million people. :( So i will travel and see this new immunologist and i guess I will discusss the bone marrow transplant with him. The doctors in my city don't know much about this. They specialize in other things, there are few immunologists here, and in my city, we dont even have a lab that can do the proper tests, they need to be sent to a larger city to be examined. If you have an HIV test they send it 7 hours away. It's ridiculous. :(

Thanks for wishing me luck I really appreciate it. I feel you actually care which is nice since I don't hear things like that ever. I wish you the best too! And your cousin.

Status
Not open for further replies.