• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ways to make psilocybin more lucid and less neve racking/chaotic?

Meditate.
and
Listen to better music.

Three votes now for pre trip meditation. . I think the state we are in before we trip can be very influential to our experience. I would try getting like thirty minutes of aerobic exercise and a good meditation before you trip. Also, I bet the pre trip anxiety could also affect your experience. I like to be in an environment that I feal really comfortable with good hearted people. I love the pre trip exercise.. I make sure I keep up on decent nutrition.. I used to skip eating at times and then wonder why my stomach was all in knots, blame it on sketchy product, then I realized that a really hungry stomach feels just like that when tripping. I like to eat early to give my stomach a chance to clear a good deal in order to get a better trip.. and I like to clear the mechanism with a short meditation before I dose.

Yeah just dose lower. There's no obligation to dose high!
I find that I enjoy mushrooms at lower than normal doses. Other psychedelics I like to take much higher, but not mushrooms.

I agree that you must be taking a large dose. You may consider learning how to make nice kind chocolates through the use of mushroom tea or or even finely ground booms, like a coffee grinder. I like the tea chocolates the best. If you are able to make a nice batch and do it properly you will end up with pretty consistent size doses found in each chocolate in a batch. This will allow you to play around and find just the right dose and then be able to repeat it. Also the addition of the dark chocolate seems to have a positive effect on the trip. Does anyone have any idea what goes down there?

Serious spanking probably await me for this, but personally the only lucid trip on mushrooms I had was when I combined it with some coke after the peak. Sounds totally insane, even to me now, but these 2 totally opposites went together quite well. These were so called "baldheads (translated)" one bag and a few smallish lines after the peak.

Did read methylphenidate had an positive effect on mushroom trips for certain types of people who usually don't enjoy mushies. Don't ask me to source it, I can't. But I feel I could work just aswell maybe better. If my one encounter wasn't coincidence.

Interesting enough, I had an amazingly, euphoric experience with the later half of a mushroom trip + insufflated amphets. With the 'shroom psychedelia and visuals intact plus the NE/DA release from the amphetamines was break-taking, all while taking one of the most stimulating car rides of my life.

Take 4-AcO-DMT instead. It's very similar but most agree that more lucid and less nerve racking than psilocin is qualitatively the way it differs (that and longer duration). Otherwise, eat the mushrooms over an hour instead of all at once.

Was going to suggest this or 4-HO-MET. Don't be afraid of well known tryptamines, these are not like the RC NBOMEs etc that have only recently surfaced. They are fairly well documented for what they are and provided you are safe with the dosage and know what you are taking you will be fine.

I find that a low dose of a dissociative makes the come up almost unnoticeable and you're just hit with a proper wave of psychedelia when the effects really kick in. MXE is my preference.

I have combo'd MXE, Xanax, and mushrooms for an anxiety free trip at a party where most of what I did was just walk around laughing at everything. GHB also lessens social anxiety with mushrooms to a very noticeable extent.

obviously tranquilizing yourself with xanax or some other downer will make the trip less stimulating and less intense visually probably but it certainly doesn't kill the effects completely for me.

I haven't tried it yet, but I'd be willing to bet hydergine would make mushrooms a lot more manageable and forgiving.

Rarely, have I had a mushrooms experience that I could call "euphoric", however I find that some people receive a ton of pleasure from them while I always assumed that the chaotic and psychologically rough experience was just the nature of psilocybin and some people just like to have there ego ripped to shreds and are in some way masochistic. Anyway Im wondering if this experience is exactly why they are beneficial to the mind and spirit. This process is painful, like being born but this may be why you reap the benefits that you do.

It's not necessarily either or. My mushroom trips are always chaotic and ego-shedding, and they're also always euphoric and pleasurable. For me that IS what makes it fun. I don't find it painful at all, though I rarely do with ego loss. Are you sure you're not just looking for something in your experience which isn't there?

I don't know how to help you with your problem (in a way that I don't personally think would ruin the trip, like benzos), but I'll add in the suggestion to switch to RCs. 4-AcO-DMT is definitely fantastic. I think you would enjoy 4-HO-MiPT as well.

"euphoric"

Although it indeeed seemed like an dumb decision at the time the effects of the combo with the cocaine produced an euphoric trip. It had almost no resemblence to coke which was weird and suprising. There was now fiending for it either but reduced a lot of the negatives I experience on shrooms like lethargie, mucus production and removing a lot of the chaotic aspects of mushrooms.

Keep the dosage of both low. And be prepared snorting something while tripping is .... well weird (understatement).

either try 4-ho-met for a easy mushromesque trip or add ketamine to the shrooms

HAHAHA^^^^ This last one is funny....Im gonna stick with mescalito for awhile....I really enjoy the lack of delerium I get from it. I shall revisit mario world when the time is right. But I appreciate all the feedback from everyone. All contributors have ot gone unnoticed and all answers and suggestions shall be considered!

But....the nerve wracking/chaotic elements are part of the fun! :D I love and respect mushrooms for the unpredictable, and sometimes uncomfortable wild roller coaster that they put you on. It allows for deeper introspection than most other psychs out there IMO

EDIT: but if it really bothers you a lot, look into some of the 4 substituted tryptamines. I've had some good times on 4-ho-mipt (miprocin) and I have extensive experience with 4-aco-dmt (psilacetin), including one experience that equally rivaled my deepest dmt/mushroom/ayahuasca trips. These compounds are considered by most to be a bit easier on the mind and body than regular shrooms. I however consider the body load and the headfuck to be signature elements of the mushroom experience

Lots of these answers advocate taking something else entirely - must say that was my first thought on the subject!

rigt said Sir diff mushroom, if that fails resort to other tryptamine, when troubles persist try some other classes. And maybe accept the facts given and drop the lucidity embrace the nerve racking chaos.

Nobody get ridiculouss mucus production to the point of being an tripping chaotic spitting and swallowing slime obsessed shadow of your former self?

Meditate.
and
Listen to better music.

this is the best advice. learn to relax and go with the flow. if i didnt have experience in meditation, i probably would have wound up with some bad trips. music, the space, the people, all go into the equation as well. if you are smoking pot, maybe try tripping without it. i find mushrooms to be a little spacey at first, then going into the peak it gets really rocky, lots of anticipation like a rollercoaster about to drop. usually there follows somewhat-confusing hour of peak psychedelia, usually where the mushrooms get the deepest. i know that if i keep it cool for an hour, things start to get easier to handle.

taking benzos before or during is a waste of both substances. you will feel the trip lacking, and the benzo doesnt affect you nearly as much as it would without the mushrooms. keeping them around might make you feel a little safer though, and that alone could ease some anxiety. i like to take benzos as landing-gear for a long trip or binge, but i typically dont need them with mushrooms since the trip is shorter and less strenuous than an acid trip or candyflip. i vote for keeping them around, and taking them only when you need them.

mushrooms always have a great body high to me, but i have never had a bad trip on mushrooms. if you learn to go with the flow, and take your perceptions as they come, you will have an easier time. everyone's brain is different, some people are just wound more tightly than others, but that doesnt mean you cant change that. work on meditating, maybe planning your trips differently, and starting a smaller dose.

I don't know, maybe it's cause I'm on Klonopin, but even before i was Shrooms always had a very calming effect on me.

Last time I took an eighth by myself and I got no visuals but it was one of the most peaceful and relaxing experiences of my life.

Just goes to show how differently people are effected by drugs and one person can find the same drug jarring that another finds relaxing because to me it was the complete opposite of jarring and would be something I'd personally take to calm down.