• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ways to make psilocybin more lucid and less neve racking/chaotic?

al-laddin

Bluelighter
Hey fellow psychonauts. Im wondering if anyone has any experience on how to have a more successful and enlightening mushroom experience. For me everytime I do them, I find them extrememly psychological overwhelming. Every time I even think about doing them again I get the feeling that Im about to go skydiving. I feel like im likely going to have a safe landing but theres always that chance. Rarely, have I had a mushrooms experience that I could call "euphoric", however I find that some people receive a ton of pleasure from them while I always assumed that the chaotic and psychologically rough experience was just the nature of psilocybin and some people just like to have there ego ripped to shreds and are in some way masochistic. Anyway Im wondering if this experience is exactly why they are beneficial to the mind and spirit. This process is painful, like being born but this may be why you reap the benefits that you do.

Anyway Im wondering if anyone out there has found any methods of possibly "softening" the blow. Any excersizes? Combinations with supplements? Also wondering if benzos will help ? Im not planning on using a benzo everytime I use boomers but I would like to know if I can make them a bit more recreational by using a benzo just this once. Any help is appreciated.

Combining a benzodiazepine with mushrooms could make the trip a bit too sedating. I find low-to-medium doses of mushrooms uncomfortably drowsy on their own, let alone together with sedatives...

The anxiety can get vicious. Ive never had a bad trip in the classic sense of of mushrooms but definitely extremely uncomfortable. Im wondering how they prepared people for the studies and Johns Hopkins. Anyone have any info on this? I would like to go as natural as possible. Thanks

Im referring to this study : http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/09/110929074205.htm

Yes Afer...at times I feel like shrooms get too "couch lock" but I expience mental anguish/anxiety/restlessness at the same time....so its hard to purge that built up energy

I also vote for meditation,

and dose a little lower to learn to work with it...

Yeah just dose lower. There's no obligation to dose high!
I find that I enjoy mushrooms at lower than normal doses. Other psychedelics I like to take much higher, but not mushrooms.

I really like visuals....they inspire me as an artist, I cant seem to achieve visuals with mushrooms without some physical discomfort, thus I must dose 1.7+ its why I usually opt for LSD. Luckily theres a fair abundance of san pedro growing in my area. Im curious being that phenethylamines are structurally similar to amphetamine do they put stress on the cardiovascular system to the same degree?

I don't think they they put as much stress on your cardiovascular system, because they aren't nearly as stimulating, although I think if you had a heart condition or something it would be worth checking with a doc.

Mescaline from San Pedro is amazing, but definitely a challenge to consume! I don't remember any overt visuals from San Pedro last time I ate the maximum I could manage to put in my belly. But I tend not to seek visuals either, I don't really look for them, they're not my bag so much.

Mescaline is a very peaceful experience, the opposite of what I imagine is stress to the cardio system. But I'm not doc.

It's interesting to note the structural similarity of the phens. to dopamine. It's funny that most of them don't really affect the dopamine system so much as the serotonin system.

Perpetual Look up "Food Safe Mescaline extraction" I have used this method a half dozen times and have had mescaline experiences far beyond my widest dreams (like 300ug+ lsd)....have fun!

I have been overly stimulated and restless on pedro, these experiences were very amphetamine -like.....however those may have been lower dose experiences before I used the tek mentioned above. I found that mescaline has that "mind magnification" aspect that LSD has....its very lucid visually which I absolutely adore.

Perpetual Look up "Food Safe Mescaline extraction" I have used this method a half dozen times and have had mescaline experiences far beyond my widest dreams (like 300ug+ lsd)....have fun!

I'll check that out thanks!

Part of me enjoys the process of eating the intensely bitter cactus flesh. Well enjoy is the wrong word, but it can be a meditative process that I believe sets the tone for the trip. But at the same time, I would like to try pushing it higher than what I've managed to get in, so I'd like to try out a tek like you mention. No S. Pedro that is big enough at the moment though!

Take 4-AcO-DMT instead. It's very similar but most agree that more lucid and less nerve racking than psilocin is qualitatively the way it differs (that and longer duration). Otherwise, eat the mushrooms over an hour instead of all at once.

I've heard that MAOIs can escalate the tension and body load of mushrooms.

Maybe watch your diet and see? Many people tripped on mushrooms as teenagers and experienced profound euphoria, but later... for whatever reasons... found the joyful feelings lacking by middle age. I cannot imagine why. Liver? Stress from responsibilities?

Watch those MAOIs though.

Engage! I was actually thinking about the possibility of MAOIs effecting my trips once in awhile.....however as a teenager I found that tripping was more light hearted....as I grew older it begins changing character but Im pretty convinced it has to do with human brain chemistry changing after adolescence/adulthood.

Psoodonymn, I would love to try an array of RCs but honestly they kind of scare me....and tripping while having anxiety about a funky chemical is a bad mix for me. Ive just read so many horror stories about , impurities, BROMO D FLY, etc. I tried nbome (25c) and had a strange reaction to that as well. I know the tryptamine RCs tend to be relatively safer and I may try some of them some day....but Im on the fence about it. For now I think its best I get a handle on the classics....theres still plenty of experimenting I need to do with the the trilogy ; mesc, shrooms, lucy

Uh on second thought that 4-aco-dmt is getting really high praises along with 4-ho-met.....I heard the latter is pretty much a toy...which sounds like fun....a tryptamine with no depth

Engage! I was actually thinking about the possibility of MAOIs effecting my trips once in awhile.....however as a teenager I found that tripping was more light hearted....as I grew older it begins changing character but Im pretty convinced it has to do with human brain chemistry changing after adolescence/adulthood.

Psoodonymn, I would love to try an array of RCs but honestly they kind of scare me....and tripping while having anxiety about a funky chemical is a bad mix for me. Ive just read so many horror stories about , impurities, BROMO D FLY, etc. I tried nbome (25c) and had a strange reaction to that as well. I know the tryptamine RCs tend to be relatively safer and I may try some of them some day....but Im on the fence about it. For now I think its best I get a handle on the classics....theres still plenty of experimenting I need to do with the the trilogy ; mesc, shrooms, lucy

Uh on second thought that 4-aco-dmt is getting really high praises along with 4-ho-met.....I heard the latter is pretty much a toy...which sounds like fun....a tryptamine with no depth

Serious spanking probably await me for this, but personally the only lucid trip on mushrooms I had was when I combined it with some coke after the peak. Sounds totally insane, even to me now, but these 2 totally opposites went together quite well. These were so called "baldheads (translated)" one bag and a few smallish lines after the peak.

Did read methylphenidate had an positive effect on mushroom trips for certain types of people who usually don't enjoy mushies. Don't ask me to source it, I can't. But I feel I could work just aswell maybe better. If my one encounter wasn't coincidence.

I really like visuals....they inspire me as an artist, I cant seem to achieve visuals with mushrooms without some physical discomfort, thus I must dose 1.7+ its why I usually opt for LSD. Luckily theres a fair abundance of san pedro growing in my area. Im curious being that phenethylamines are structurally similar to amphetamine do they put stress on the cardiovascular system to the same degree?

Take 4-AcO-DMT instead. It's very similar but most agree that more lucid and less nerve racking than psilocin is qualitatively the way it differs (that and longer duration). Otherwise, eat the mushrooms over an hour instead of all at once.

I agree with psood, 4-aco-DMT is much more visual than cubes, and w/o the mind fuck...more like n,n,DMT...especially the CEV's
Since you are into visuals and not, maybe so much, the head space.

Try ading 50-150mg of harmalas to make the exp more dreamy and drawn out.

Easiest way is to get some syrian rue and boil some tea.