• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Ways to get your blood pressure down fast??

isaaccain

Bluelighter
Right so it's my country's fourth of July and I get the day off school. I was bored and nobody messaged me asking if I wanted to meet them (no one I actually wanted to meet, anyway) so I was bored and snorted some ritalin like I've been doing quite a lot recently. I sniffed 60mg in about 2 and a half hours. I'm at the 3 hour mark now and I feel close to a seizure or something because I have a funny feeling in my head like when I hadn't ate in ages back when I was anorexic and I hadn't slept in about 48 hours and I was watching a movie and it flashed and I thought 'Wow, this must feel like what it's like to ALMOST have a seizure'. It felt a bit like that. I also I have a warm feeling in my chest and I just got very sharp pins and needles in my hands which is like waht happened the two times I got very LOW blood pressure, the difference is I can still walk and I'm not blind. Right anyway I'm shaking a lot so I tried to call my dad just to talk in case I went into seizure or stroke right there but no answer so I called my mum and no answer and I'm alone so I'm a bit worried. I feel better than I did I think I got a bit worked up about the feeling in my head and the pins and needles but I think I need a way to lower my bp.

I don't have herbal tea, which was my first thought, like camomile or something, I have green tea but that's got caffeine in so I'm not sure if I should have any of that but I honestly can't think of anything so help me out, even if the replies are too late and I've already come down/gotten hurt I can use the advice in the future

Edit: Actually i just remembered I've got dph and codeine but I figured that might fuck with my heart since combining uppers and downers is bad for your heart and I'm p sure I've got a weak heart anyway because of muscle degradation blah blah blah so do you think they would be good options if this happens again? I wish I had benzos but idk why I absolutely can't find any not even diazepam which is pretty common where I live. I came across a really really strong benzo for sleep problems once yknow triazolam halcion or whatever but when every one on here told me how strong it was I figured I should use at least diazepam a bit more before I try that (Only used it once and at the time I don't think I'd used it at all).

Last edited:
my advice would be to call 111 or poison control and explain to them how you're feeling - at least you'll have someone to speak to who can calm youdown and monitor you

Ok I got it I had a hot shower bc I always used to have low bp when I didn't eat much so I would almost pass out in the shower almost every day so I figured it lowers bp. I had a warm shower and that pretty much sorted it but I guess the thread is still valid because what do I do if I'm out or it's late and I can't just get in the shower?

Using your ability to vagal down your autonomic system is a safe way to lower both your BP and heart rate. By "bearing down" or pushing your insides out like taking a poop/ pushing out a baby you stimulate your vagal response and slow down your system. We use it in the hospital when a patient has a dangerously fast heart rate. Very deep breaths and push onexhake. Make sure your sitting or lying down because it has been known to make people pass out.

Hopefully you're better after three days OP.

Using your ability to vagal down your autonomic system is a safe way to lower both your BP and heart rate. By "bearing down" or pushing your insides out like taking a poop/ pushing out a baby you stimulate your vagal response and slow down your system. We use it in the hospital when a patient has a dangerously fast heart rate. Very deep breaths and push onexhake. Make sure your sitting or lying down because it has been known to make people pass out.

I had an idea many any years ago, while thinking of breathing as a pendulum between para- and sympathetic activation. It's the only aspect "you" can easily control: lengthen inhalation to maintain sympathetic activation, lengthen exhale to maintain parasympathetic activity (lowered BP and HR). Note that this is not the "slow deep breaths" thing--this is inhaling as fast as possible, then exhaling as slow as possible, no other tension anywhere.

And damned if it doesn't actually work in the doctor's office: rapid lung-filling inhale that won't scare the nurse, and the slowest possible exhale, can drop that top number a good twenty points. Holding your breath or slowly inhaling will do the opposite. Not nearly as dramatic as hitting your vagus, though.

Later watching the dog, I decided it explains yawning too: it's just a reset of your autonomic system. The dog does it to relax after an anxious experience. It's a transition to or from rest. Anyway:

OP, having had a seizure, rest assured, there's no warning (I had a psychedelic moment right before, but it's the kind of thing you don't notice/remember until later). I also think stim-induced seizures might be from overheating? Not cardiovascular or glutamate/NMDA mediated. I mean, we don't even know for sure your bp was high. I've been in similar spots and talked myself through by noticing I didn't have any other signs of being over-stimmed--it was all psychological.

Hopefully you're better after three days OP.

I had an idea many any years ago, while thinking of breathing as a pendulum between para- and sympathetic activation. It's the only aspect "you" can easily control: lengthen inhalation to maintain sympathetic activation, lengthen exhale to maintain parasympathetic activity (lowered BP and HR). Note that this is not the "slow deep breaths" thing--this is inhaling as fast as possible, then exhaling as slow as possible, no other tension anywhere.

And damned if it doesn't actually work in the doctor's office: rapid lung-filling inhale that won't scare the nurse, and the slowest possible exhale, can drop that top number a good twenty points. Holding your breath or slowly inhaling will do the opposite. Not nearly as dramatic as hitting your vagus, though.

Later watching the dog, I decided it explains yawning too: it's just a reset of your autonomic system. The dog does it to relax after an anxious experience. It's a transition to or from rest. Anyway:

OP, having had a seizure, rest assured, there's no warning (I had a psychedelic moment right before, but it's the kind of thing you don't notice/remember until later). I also think stim-induced seizures might be from overheating? Not cardiovascular or glutamate/NMDA mediated. I mean, we don't even know for sure your bp was high. I've been in similar spots and talked myself through by noticing I didn't have any other signs of being over-stimmed--it was all psychological.

When I've been severely OD'd on strong stimulants like MDPV and Methamphetamine, (and for various reasons not wanting to call 911) the only thing to slow my heart rate is to breath out as long as possible, and breath in as little as possible. That has taken my HR from 240 BMP to 0 in a short time. Yes, 0 - the heart stops beating until I breath in again. Sometimes I've been close to passing out because I've breathed out for so long, but that always felt better than having my heart beat 4 times per second. A few times I have been sure this saved my life, but I can't know. When it was at 4/s, the beat in itself hurt so bad in my neck and chest I was sure I was having an heart attack and dieing.

So, if someone is having a heart rate of 240 and think they might die, if you can't do anything else (like 911 or diazepam or propranolol), or already tried it: try beathing out slow, relaxing your body completely, letting go of anything, while monitoring your HR. You'll feel light-headed and like you're losing consciousness as your heart keeps beating but not getting any oxygen. Breath in quickly, just enough to keep going, and then breath out again.

BE AWARE: I'm not an MD, and I don't how this works scientifically, but it has - or at least I'm sure it has - saved my life more than once. Do this only if you're out of other options - it might just work! And if it didn't - well, at least it was worth a shot.

If you are sure you've taken too much call for help. Sometimes our fear and all the anxiety gets in a way of relaxing and breathing properly. For me it has always been about getting myself under control, talking to someone or even taking a low dosage of Xanax. Laying down, trying to focus on other things. And of course breathing is very important.

If none of that works, and you can't reach a hospital, then call 911. I would try getting someone's opinion before as sometime it's our minds and fears making you anxious.

If you are sure you've taken too much call for help. Sometimes our fear and all the anxiety gets in a way of relaxing and breathing properly. For me it has always been about getting myself under control, talking to someone or even taking a low dosage of Xanax. Laying down, trying to focus on other things. And of course breathing is very important.

If none of that works, and you can't reach a hospital, then call 911. I would try getting someone's opinion before as sometime it's our minds and fears making you anxious.
Absolutely, but: if the HR is crazy high, too much breathing will increase it even higher.

Yeah, we should all remember that stims and weed cause panic attacks, that may get so bad you pass out, but aren't gonna hurt you.

I had my own grade triple A meth panic attack a month ago. Knowing it's a panic attack doesn't make it stop, it's still Earth-melting horror, but it might be over a bit sooner. Distraction works. Come here and try to post; see if you can type. Where's a good forum for that? Meth! Post in the meth forum.