Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

🍄 Gardening 🍄 Way too much 🍄 on hand

joesmyname

Bluelighter
🍄
Great problem to have but I over shot my inventory in nearly every area. I have never made it to the three month mark without them being gone. Matter of fact in 5 years I’ve always had the reverse problem and was short at the 3 month mark.

Anyone here who cultivates believe it’s the garbage grow kits that people are giving a go? I think there is just more newbie-cultivating in general but everywhere I turn it’s grow kit this and that and nothing but TERRIBLE information on places like Reddit.

They saved my life…. I personally would be devastated without. 🍄 🩵 MUSH LOVE ALL!! 💙🍄

ever consider trying to improve your extraction skills? would love to see some nice xtals
Getting xtals requires serious chromatography.

Here's an easy extract tek tho, simply macerate in warm methanol, filter, dry the methanol with anhydrous sodium sulfate, filter again. Add anhydrous acetone to precipitate carbohydrates, filter again. Evaporate. This can get you over 10% active goo.

Here's an easy extract tek tho, simply macerate in warm methanol, filter, dry the methanol with anhydrous sodium sulfate, filter again. Add anhydrous acetone to precipitate carbohydrates, filter again. Evaporate. This can get you over 10% active goo.
I’m picking up everything you are putting down…. I was just speaking on this with someone and working on getting my extraction game up is a great solution. Kind of an old head/old school and didn’t think about working on extraction again. Good stuff above 👆 nice little tek!

Thanks to everyone for pointing out a phenomenal answer that was smack dab in front of my face lol.

Since we are talking extracts…. I’m strictly a “from fruit” kind of guy but I see a lot of companies using mostly myc extract in their product. I have all of my own stuff but if people are going that way instead of the real way, done with fruits like most us, they will be turned off to the lack of benefits.

How’s everyone feel about that?

as much as i like shards and sparkly goodness, fresh fruits (especially upskirt panaeolus pics... something about that whole genus) are a thing to behold.

it would be sad to see the market go COMPLETELY mycelium extract, but then ten years ago even thinking about open, legit, legal markets was high fantasy.

Here's an easy extract tek tho, simply macerate in warm methanol, filter, dry the methanol anhydrous sodium sulfate, filter again. Add anhydrous acetone to precipitate carbohydrates, filter again. Evaporate. This can get you over 10% active goo.
i dream of having a chromotography setup (column, tlc, whatever)... but maybe once my kids are in college and my hobbies are 100% legal lol

thanks for the tips, i have only gotten the hang of thc extractions.

Time in invest in a column and TLC plates?
Do it!!! Don't shy away from chromatography IME. Sometimes you can use a really low tech version of chromatography to really clean up a mixture of compounds, rather than isolating a pure compound. It's a great tool for separation, though not always cost effective at huge scales from a crude product, which is why multiple separation techniques are used (adsorbtion, distillation, crystallization, adducts, chromatography
I see a lot of companies using mostly myc extract in their product
I have heard that mycelium itself doesn't produce nearly the amount as a fruit body, but let me ask around and hopefully get back to this. I do think you can grow biomass a lot quicker in bioreactors than the slow fruiting process. I have extracted straight PF Tek cakes and still gotten high though.
i dream of having a chromotography setup (column, tlc, whatever)
TLC is IMO always where you start. From TLC results you can extrapolate to the column. Compound A elutes the quickest, B the second quickest, C the slowest etc. And if your target compound is the slowest, you switch to reverse phase media.. It's all about the media and the solvent system. Finding solvent systems that consist of certain ratios of a weak solvent (a solvent that doesn't move the compounds quickly) and a strong solvent (all the compounds move fast and smear together), you can isolate anything.

I've always wanted to try 2D TLC, because using certain solvent systems, there are compounds that elute at the exact same rate and do not separate. But if you let the plate dry, and rotate it horizontally and use a DIFFERENT solvent system, what appear to be 1 spot/compound resolve into multiple compounds.

Also some spots glow different colors under different light wavelengths and it can be pretty wild/beautiful. If you extract voacanga with acetone, and spot on tlc with a 3:2 hexane/ethyl acetate solvent system, its like a rainbow.

thanks for the tips, i have only gotten the hang of thc extractions.
Extraction is both a science and an art IMO. At bluelight we aren't allowed to discuss synthesis of chemical compounds, but it seems extraction talk is generally tolerated. There is a lot of misguided information out there, so I will always talk about extraction. When I say extraction is an art, I mean that how you do it, the techniques you use, how much resolution they provide, and what order you use them leads to different products at different economic efficiencies. Using science is the art :)

I've never crystallized psilocybin personally, but I think i remember Hofmann saying the crystals were blue?

Last edited:
(Link for blue psilocybin crystals) - Removed.

is this for real - out of stock but blue crystals.

Last edited by a moderator:
is this for real - out of stock but blue crystals.
I removed your link, because it's technically sourcing. No harm no foul.

I would expect it's fake anyway.

No underground/darkweb/research chemist is likely to go through the extra trouble of phosphorylating psilocin into psilocybin which is pretty much illegal everywhere, when you can just make 4-ACO-DMT which is surprisingly still legal in a lot of parts of the world.

That said for anyone interested in reading about the differences of psilocybin vs 4-aco-dmt metabolism this recent paper brings up a fair amount of questions. If someone else can read this and explain that would be great, the way i read it, is that psilocybin itself metabolizes into psilocin easier than 4-AcO-DMT. Which IME checks out.

Last edited:
In Canada it (psilocybin / shrooms) seems to be quasi legal, I'm even getting push ads to my instagram feed. One place based in Vancouver is providing lsd in microdose sized droppers!!!
Totally healthy beginning to end.
I have to drop by Shroomyz, I owe them 5$ - I have it in coins; Shroomyz only takes cash, I buy from them when my mother in law insists I take cash for driving her places.

I removed your link, because it's technically sourcing. No harm no foul.

I would expect it's fake anyway.

No underground/darkweb/research chemist is likely to go through the extra trouble of phosphorylating psilocin into psilocybin which is pretty much illegal everywhere, when you can just make 4-ACO-DMT which is surprisingly still legal in a lot of parts of the world.

That said for anyone interested in reading about the differences of psilocybin vs 4-aco-dmt metabolism this recent paper brings up a fair amount of questions. If someone else can read this and explain that would be great, the way i read it, is that psilocybin itself metabolizes into psilocin easier than 4-AcO-DMT. Which IME checks out.

So does that mean the enzymes that convert from 4-aco are slower than those that dephorphorylate? My initial assumption is that there are way more phosphatases hanging around and in more places. Does deacetylation happen primarily in liver or gut? Can it happen in plasma?

I pose these questions to y'all because I'm far too lazy to look into it rn sry

So does that mean the enzymes that convert from 4-aco are slower than those that dephorphorylate? My initial assumption is that there are way more phosphatases hanging around and in more places. Does deacetylation happen primarily in liver or gut? Can it happen in plasma?

I pose these questions to y'all because I'm far too lazy to look into it rn sry
I dont know enough and i spent a limited time reading paper but yes from what im understanding psilocybin metabolizes quicker into psilocin than 4-aco. Meaning psilocybin hits quicker than 4-aco