• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Water odor/taste post-Cocaine use?

orderedelite

Bluelighter
So I have long had this happen to me after cocaine use (IV), and never thought to ask anyone else if they experience it too (Actually I use alone so I have no one to ask :\)

In the days after using cocaine IV, water takes on a different, strong odor and taste. It is almost a metallic version of marijuana odor. I get the odor when I have a shower, when I run the tap, and the taste when I drink a glass of water. It typically lasts 3-5 days post-use. Does anyone else experience this, and can anyone explain what is happening? It's not troubling in the least, just very odd.

*Not sure if this applies to snorting as I haven't done that in years.

Actually did a quick google search and it looks like it has to do with one type of adulterant causes hyperosmia in reference to the chlorine in tap water. Basically it effects a nerve in the brain that causes an increased sensitivity to the odor of chlorine.

It makes sense too. I have found several sources of lab tested very, very pure cocaine on the darknet (as pure as you can get it in the US, between 70 - 77 % with no active adulterant), and have not have this chlorine hyperosmia since. Tried a new vendor this week who had coke that was much less pure (super obvious since the adulterant was not water soluble), and caused the hyperosmia. It must have included the adulterant that causes chlorine hyperosmia.

enhanced-32005-1422840611-40.jpg