View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Watch movie after doing acid

Krasnikov

Greenlighter
Hi. I'm thinking about doing acid for the first time on saturday, but I also have tickets for Star Wars at 8 pm the same day. If I take the acid in the morning, will I sober up and be able to concentrate and enjoy the movie? I've been waiting for 2 years to go see this movie and I don't wanna waste my first time watching. I've done shrooms 3 times before, and after the trip I was completely back to normal. Will acid do the same thing?

Hey krasnikov, welcome to Bluelight :)

I would suggest that if you're going to do LSD for the very first time, you'll probably want to set that entire day aside for a whole load of reasons to do with the trip and your experiences.

However I'm gonna move this to Psychedelic Drugs so you can see what the experienced guys there have to say about it all.

Good luck,
CFC

Id always reccomend not doing things like this if you're inexperienced.

Assuming you're taking a fairly standard dose, you'd probably be fine though, if you're set on doing this try to time your trip to start before noon.

"I have to be sober by x o'clock" = surefire way to get into a bad mindset during the trip.

Also, note that acid trips tend to last significantly longer than shroom trips.

Acid has a longer duration and tail, and I also think it often affects people differently than mushrooms (it does for me), and as said ^ having any kind of constraint, even a fun one like Star Wars, can be a big factor in making you feel uneasy so I definitely wouldn't plan it on the same day. If you are more experienced then you could intentionally go see a movie during the afterglow but that is a different story and it requires plenty of previous experience with how you react to going out in public while still tripping a bit, and activities like going to the theater. At the very least you'll want to know what to expect by having at least some previous experience (with acid in this case).

There shouldn't be any hurry so try to change your mind and don't be 'set' on doing something that is very inconvenient related to tripping.

Besides, doing acid for the first time tends to be pretty incredible so even if you could pay enough attention to the movie as you'd like, planning two major events on the same day just sets you up for one of them eclipsing the other at least a bit.

Do not set a time to do anything if you're planning on tripping, that's a bad start. It's a free flowing thing, let it flow, and have a great trip.

I have to agree with the others; while there is a possibility it would be fine (perhaps enjoyable even) there is no guarantee.
It would be better if you postponed one of the two events into separate experiences.

This is especially applicable if you're driving yourself to the theatre. You don't want to be tripping while driving a car

Difficult to say man. Depends on how you are getting there, and how early you drop the tab. You could have a good trip and go to the movie still tripping or coming down and it could be a great time. Since it is your first time I do want to give you some info though. How acid is different than shrooms is that it can last a lot, lot longer. A lot of people start worrying that they will never come down. It seems to last almost unnaturally long. Btw if you get that thought in your head just remember it's total nonsense.

Overall to er on the side of caution, I would agree with the rest of the people here. It's better to set aside the whole day, and even the whole day after, just to make sure you have a great time.