View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

washing/re-xing MXE??

bongerman

Bluelighter
Is this possible at home such as with dmt or mescaline?? I would love people opinion and stories I have about 5gs of a sandy light tan mxe seeing if I can clean it up a bit at home.

yep, with acetone wash is the easiest and it has a beneficial effect on less-than-perfect material. Basically just put it in coffee filter sitting on top of a cup and pour some anhydrous acetone over it, take what is left in the filter and spread it on a plate to dry for a day or two. I've referenced this pastebin http://pastebin.com/LR1vj9R4. Haven't tried the other methods in that document though.

Let us know if it 'lightens it up' subjectively speaking. Also weigh it before and after to see what the difference is.

recrystallizing MXE Hcl can be done from a saturated solution made with hot (boiling) water and gives satisfactory results, especially if done on a gram or more

It helps if you can e.g. do a TLC plate first to determine approx. how many other cpds your material is (if it is one substance and its consistent with MXE, you gain nothing by recrystallizing aside from pretty crystals, and every recrystalliziation will incur at least SOME material lost.just because it has some coloration to it, you cannot reliably deduceby color/texture alone if its a PPM impurity of something very dark or, worst case, if it is 100% some other drug entirely.

Last edited:
Throw some Epsom Sal in microwave for 3 min (fuck 2 hours in an oven.) Throw in 100% acetone (sally beauty supply has some). Let sit for a while, seperate acetone from salt. Mix with mxe. Dump mixture into vessel with coffee filter wet with acetone. Mxe will stay on filter. Let dry for day.

Still planning to try one or more of these techniques when I find some free minutes. As I've mentioned before, I have a GC-MS-verified batch of MXE that's pretty different from other batches. I'm curious to know whether any of these washing techniques will affect it.

I assume that if the washes do affect it, it would mean that the batch differences (at least in this case) are caused by impurities (that are not detected by the GC-MS). If the wash does not normalize the batches, then I guess this would mean that the differences are truly due to different forms of MXE (ex different isomer ratio, or something else).