• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

was pure MDMA more abundant back then?

I think things were purer back then. You asked for MD, you got MD. Now you ask for MD, you can get BK-MD, Methilone, Cathinones or even empty pills

This. Except we did have to worry about "booty pills," which were usually DXM presses.

allow me to break it down - Raves - those being true illegal ware house parties started at some point in the 80's and in the US they grew out of Detroit. They eventually wound up quite prevalent on the Westcoast in the late 80's and had kinda died out by oh say 1993. Meanwhile on the Eastcoast they were growing, NYC had big time clubs that offered a rave like experience everyweekend at the Limelight, but really 1992, 1993, 1994 it was blowing up on the Eastcoast NYC to Jersey to Philly, to Baltimore to DC. The 'It" parties come to mind as a philly thing.

- where I come in circa 1993 when Jungle was just taking roots in Philly, Drum N Bass was a new thing imported from England from guys like DJ Trace, imbraced by Diesel Boy, Karl K and many others in the years to follow

E, as it was introduced to me was always different back then, consistency was hard to come by and given size of some the massive pills I used to ingest they MOST Definitely has fillers....

back then the only way you could say for sure you had MDMA was to know the chemist. And even back then chemists in the know knew how to put a designer spin on the product.

Raves were more fun when they were dirty warehouse throwdowns for some of us...... when the corporate world stepped in and saw an opportunity for vendor placement and product placement - RAVES kinda died, and EDM events were born

Last edited:
Raves died (and music festivals such as Ultra took hold) because of the Reducing America's Vulnerability to Ecstasy Act (The Rave Act), and even more importantly, because of the worldwide crackdown by the DEA on safrole containing oils, which had been in the past used to synthesize Mdxx and are still the best/easiest way to synthesize MDMA, MDA, or MDE. That led to a 12 years drought (here in Georgia anyway) of MDMA. However, the recent emergence of strong European pressed pills is due to the their manufacturer's discovery of a new, unlisted, Chinese-made precursor.

"Back then" there was more likely less MDMA around however it was all real. Now adays we have to weave through the fake shit however the number of chemist's has probably more than quadrupled.

They are just being nostalgic. Mdma is just as good and just as pure as then. Dont listen to the hype. Its around.

Gonan re-quote myself here. :p You just have to be smarter these days or you wont be getting good stuff.

I think the biggest thing that changed was attitude.

MDMA / Ecstasy was just starting to show up in the already popular Acid/amphetamine fueled after parties (Acid House/ Acid Parties etc)

Fast forward a few years and the media was all over these 'Drug fueled' weekend parties being held in abandoned buildings, quarries, forests etc. Rave's started to become a business with all the big names taking a slice of the action.

Then came along piperazines !!!

Less abundent overall. However the feel was much better. I think this new method of production looses a key feeling. Or there was alot more mdma/mda pills that made that feeling. Been looking for years for mda,no luck. If I ever find it,I will combine the two and know for sure.

I've been mostly out of "the game" for quite some time. I'm of the opinion though that the MDMA SWIM was getting back in the day (1999-2003) was wayyyy better and much more abundant. But my information for what's available now is solely based on SWIM's friends that are still involved in "the game". I'm posting a link to an article about one of SWIM's best friend's brother (Ogburn). He tragically committed suicide not long after the bust.... But needless to say SWIM could easily obtain hands down the purest MDMA in the southeastern United States.
http://www.dea.gov/pubs/states/newsrel/atlanta061107.html

The "99% pure" crystals I have must be the same exact "99% pure" mdma crystals you guys had in the 90s. You can not tell me this mdma I am holding now *holds up bag of off white perhaps blonde colored crystals whose uniform consistency is an indication of purity* is not the same exact mdma that was around then. Is it less abundant over all probably given what it took for me to find.

And I would agree that the advent of research chemicals did change the landscape but it is for all of us, the future comes and we must adapt it is life. Just like junkies can get fent ravers can get methylone (if they are lucky) we just need to be aware of it because it is only through knowledge that we gain the tools to be safe. I would imagine it will.only get "worse" so it is best to use what this future has given us for tools, least you get left behind.

The above events were for illustration only.

At the last drug event I went to about two weeks ago, the molly was supposedly 5-MABP.

I know this thread is a lil old but you're right. Back in 2006 when i took my first epill, the real ones were everywhere. You could find e pills literally on almost every street here in Detroit. Now no one has em. If they do they're shiny and people keep saying "these are triple stacks" like wtf is a triple stack? The molly looks like salt the shit is mostly meth so says my reg kits. So idk man but mdma was definitely my fav drug next to cannabis. Now (at atleast where im from) it's extinct.