• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Was it safe to do what I just did?

aaMizer720

Ex-Bluelighter
I took my 100 mg oxy this morning around 10 am or so. Now I'm cutting my oxy use starting today. Instead of taking another 80-100 mg of oxy in afternoon, I just took 2 mg of alpralid (alprazolam)-(5 hours after my dose of oxy this morning). Is this going to be a safe alternative to try and get me off on the taper of the oxy?

I know the use of benzodiazepines and oxycodones is NOT SAFE AT ALL. Which is why I will never take them to potentiate each other, or take them together with them at the same time, etc.

My main concern is, was that a stupid thing to do today or was there enough time between? Because I'm feeling EXTREMELY tired and relaxed, 20 minutes after the 2 mg dose.

Thanks for your opinions and thoughts

Mark

5 hours after oxy should be okay. But it's impossible to say for sure.

Mizer you ask a lot of questions that don't have clear 100% answers.

What's is your benzo experience? Do you have a tolerance?

In the interests of HR I would say don't do it. Don't mix oxy and Xanax. ODs have happened with this combination.

In reality, you're likely fine, based on the time between doses. But again, I say "likely" because nobody can know for sure.

I personally think you gave up on the kratom too easily. If you want to quit, I promise you kratom can help if you have be willpower.

Xanax can help with your WD, especially when combined with kratom. But combining the Xanax with the Oxy on the same day isn't doing much to help you with your ultimate goal to quit. Not sure of the reasoning behind your strategy of doing that.

Best of luck to you.

Well I am just trying to taper now instead of cold turkey. I've been on xanax for 5 years. I have slowed and nearly stopped bc of the oxy addiction. I haven't taken xanax in 6 days. So I'm feeling so tired. I want to nap, but I'm afraid. Should I be ? Is 2 mg a lot 5 hours later? Or I need like 8 mg on that 100 mg oxy? Thanks!

I get it dude. Trust me. I've been in your situation before.

But again, this is not a medical advice site. We're not doctors. If you feel you're in any danger, it's advised to seek medical attention.

There are just too many variables for anyone to say "you are fine, don't worry". There's a good chance you are perfectly fine, but I'm not going to say that because I have no way of knowing.

^ Seconded everything Sharlito mentioned. If it were me, I would have waited until tonight to take the Xanax in order to sleep. Mark, has your oxycodone dosage been increased lately? I was under the impression that you took at most 80-100 mg a day. I'm glad you're trying to taper down.

Yes it has increased to two times a day. For about 12 days. Just because it gives me something to feel in the afternoon as well. Usually around 2 pm another 5 hours after first dose. Dosages are usually 100 mg then 80-100 mg.

Shartito I know it isn't a medical site, I'm not afraid or feeling completed scared. I was just asking to see if people have taken what I have and if they had advice, that's all.

Trying to cut to the one time a day and to decrease by 10 mg every 3 or 4 days.

Yes it has increased to two times a day. For about 12 days. Just because it gives me something to feel in the afternoon as well. Usually around 2 pm another 5 hours after first dose. Dosages are usually 100 mg then 80-100 mg.

Shartito I know it isn't a medical site, I'm not afraid or feeling completed scared. I was just asking to see if people have taken what I have and if they had advice, that's all.

Trying to cut to the one time a day and to decrease by 10 mg every 3 or 4 days.

Yeah dude. I get you. And I know you know it's not a medical site. I wasn't trying to talk down on you. I apologize if that's the way it came across.

Here's the deal though. I have taken what you have. Many times and at even higher doses of benzos. And I'm still ticking. But just because I've done it, that doesn't mean it's safe. When we start making blanket statements like "it didn't kill me so it won't kill you" we're not acting responsibly. The truth is that oxy and Xanax is a dangerous combo. No matter the experience of anyone else that gets away with it.