Warning with 5-meo-DALT; erratic experiences--caratonia

AlphaOdure

Bluelighter
My past drug use is pretty extensive--i'll spare the details except what is most relevant here and I will just say I have used & abused every drug out there. The bad experience w/ 5-meo-DALT occurred this last August and the other drugs then being taken were buprenorphine 4mg/day (recovering heroin addict, clean since dec 22 '07) & etizolam 40mg/day (yes, you read that right). I had previously used this batch of 5-meo-DALT on 2-3 other occasions w/ no adverse effect, what happened next was truly scary.

My only memories are some 4-5 days after being discharged and very very vague memories of seeing family members. But apparently I was hospitalized w/ catatonia and seizures, which went on for 3 weeks--the period of time of which i was hospitalized for. I have no idea how I got there, no memory of taking the 5-meo-DALT and no history/evidence of epilepsy, but history of odd convulsion-type events--however, no experience of these w/ other hallucinogens i've tried: lsd, psilocybe mushrooms, 2c-c, mdma, 5-meo-dmt, dmt, 5-meo-amt, 3-meo-pcp, ketamine, pcp, 4-ho-dipt/iprocin, 4-ho-mipt/miprocin, dalt. As i said, my next coherent recollections are of me shopping a few days later w/ my mom. Although apparently to others I was quite coherent. The dose was 60mg, all previous doses were also in this range, 40-100mg.

My only guess is that 5-meo-dalt has some sort of cumulative, possible degenerative, neurological effect. But this still doesn't seem to quite explain why i had an effect for 3 weeks; the memory problems, the seizures, etc. Unless my dependency on etizolam started causing severe seizures and they also had to treat the withdrawal, which i'm sure it would've caused seizures if i wasn't treated w/ benzodiazepines for long. But i was put on 6mg/day of lorazepam & abilify, 5mg/day; along w/ my usual dose of depakote, 750mg/day. (it was a blessing in disguise, b/c this allowed me to wean off etizolam & benzos entirely using a slow taper per doc's orders. Off benzos entirely as of 10/31/14)

Anyway, this is just a forewarning.

Anyone have any experience w/ this? Any neurological answers?

Also, our university hospital is doing a study on my case and submitting it to the American Journal of Neurology due to the odd, unseen jerks, convulsions, & seizures I was having. But this wont be for a few years, but if its accepted, i'll most certainly repost the abstract.

Last edited:
^As i was careful to point out.. I had tried some from this same exact batch and got no such effects. Even at higher doses, which is why i was looking for some sort of explanation.

And gauging whether or not it was garbage wasn't really the intention here.. i was forewarning & also wondering if anyone had similar effects, and/or any insight into the pharmacodynamics going on.

Last edited: