• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Warning: Possible Lope Potentiation

dus_aster

Bluelighter
Just a quick word of warning: I believe I recently experienced notable potentiation of loperamide when taking it less than 12 hours after consuming poppy pod tea.

In the AM, consumed a very small dose of PPT- the third wash of a pretty standard batch.
In the PM, nine hours later, consumed 24mg loperamide; the aforementioned third wash was my last dalliance with PPT for the season, and I usually try to ease-off opes using lope @ 24mg/day, then 12mg/day two days later, then 6, 3, etc. Had been using the PPT for about two weeks, so was transitioning to loperamide to taper down. And yeah, I know- 24mg is excessive.

2.5hrs after taking the lope, I suddenly have pinned pupils, intense nausea, and some histamine release. Some sedation, leg jelly, and muscle relaxation, too. Increased talkativeness and decreased coordination.
These are all things I associate with the handful of (unpleasant, overwhelmingly negative) experiences I had with ultra high dose lope (80-160mg). And I'm an experienced therapeutic (or at least, utilitarian) lope user.
But: in this case, I only took 24mg. Not 80, not 160- 24.

Not simple synergy- I wasn't high when I took the lope; pretty much totally baseline.

Not how 24mg lope normally affects me- normally, such a dose kills most of the withdrawal and feels like 25-50mg diphenhydramine, but not much else.

No other confounding changes in diet or lifestyle, no other drugs (save for nicotine and THC) consumed concurrently, usual brand of lope, I'm not on any medications, and I'm highly familiarized with the usual loperamide dose response curve. This wasn't it.

Not really active on BL any more, but wanted to come back to offer this warning:

There may be something, somethings, or some sort of entourage effect associated with opium latex that potentiates loperamide in ways that could be dangerous if it's taken with an already too-high lope dose. Be careful.

Could have been a quirk of physiology, but seems worth mentioning; if I'd taken 60mg of lope and experienced the same degree of potentiation, I would have been in real trouble (main concern being qT malarkey, not CNS depression, but still).

Tl;dr-
Took 24mg lope ~9hrs after taking low/threshold dose of oral opium latex (in the form of PPT), felt like I'd taken ~100mg lope. Bad. Be careful. Possible potentiation of loperamide via one of the MANY, MANY active constituents of opium latex.