• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

! Warning ! Ive noticed an increase of attempted contact from suspicious BL accounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

OND43X

Bluelighter
Recently I have had afew 'friend requests' and/or messages from BL accounts trying to start up a friendship or ask me if i can point them in the right direction where to best find drugs. They usually start with something like they are new to sydney and dont have any real idea of where the drug scene is blaa blaa... When i check the profile of these suspicious accounts i notice that they have only recently joined, or joined awhile ago but would either have 1 or 2 posts or none at all.

Has anyone else noticed this?..

The reason why im starting this thread is to make BL'ers more aware of the dangers be-friending and messaging random people in this forum. Suspicious accounts could just be a newby who is unaware of the forum rules but it could just as likely be Law enforcement agencies or media.

I would like this thread to be used to identify suspicious BL accounts, posting their user name.

I've been contacted from someone in Sydney looking for sources. Because I have such a 'reliable' online persona apparently. Although I haven't lived in Sydney since I was 5.

The person in question has already been banned though.

is there a way to report such people to mods

it could just be teenagers with no connections or less likely but LE

i havent rlly had it happen to me but if i got a dodgy msg from someone with a low post-count id just ignore it

As a new user of the site (even if it was an option) I wouldn't be trying to buy/find connects from some random person be they new or long time member. They could (in theory at least) just as well be a cop as someone new. I mean unless it was someone you've known a long time and known well how the fuck would you just trust ANY random person. I'm not trusting of people I don't know well irl with regards to drugs; why would I be online. If anything if I were trying to buy online I'd be much more suspicious and skeptical. I mean there are probably a couple people I've known a dozen years or so online that I'd CONSIDER trusting like that if the right situation arose. Most of those people I've met irl.

is there a way to report such people to mods

Yep the little exclamation mark button, it comes up on pm's too.

Personally I haven't noticed any increase in random sourcing pms lately. Usually get one a year or so. Ignore is the way to go.

Yep the little exclamation mark button, it comes up on pm's too.
this. top right hand corner.

OND43X - it seems a lot of Aus DD regulars got the exact same message you did.
hitting 'report' makes mods and admins jobs easier by allowing us to be informed - and take appropriate action straight away.

it serves as a timely reminder not to be too complacent about how much information you share with people on bluelight.
even 'friends'...

Recently I have had afew 'friend requests' and/or messages from BL accounts trying to start up a friendship or ask me if i can point them in the right direction where to best find drugs. They usually start with something like they are new to sydney and dont have any real idea of where the drug scene is blaa blaa... When i check the profile of these suspicious accounts i notice that they have only recently joined, or joined awhile ago but would either have 1 or 2 posts or none at all.

Don't you need to have a certain amount of posts before you can contact others on here?

But yeah over the years I've had a few of these kinds of things, I generally don't reply to anyone on PM unless its one of the people I've come to read many posts from over the yrs, even then I'm not going to say much, unless it's some general kind of questions or chat.

Don't you need to have a certain amount of posts before you can contact others on here?

apparently the rules have changed.

Looks like a generic message was sent to a few members. There I was thinking I was special because he/she said I was "reliable" in the message, bubble is burst. I told him/her to go away.

Best just to report the message.

^it's something that fucked up and couldn't be rectified with the last software upgrade, if i remember correctly.
i agree, it was a good restriction...but as far as i'm aware, it wasn't anyone's decision to do away with it.

dodgy pm's? report, report, report.
the person will never know it was you, and even if it isn't a violation of the user agreement or whatever, it is really helpful for you guys to let the mods know when something suspicious is taking place - otherwise we might not be aware of it.

I've been contacted by at least four people wanting coke n weed! I'm not a fuckin dealer nor would I even point certain mates in the direction of sources let alone strangers !

Has anyone else noticed this?..

The reason why im starting this thread is to make BL'ers more aware of the dangers be-friending and messaging random people in this forum. Suspicious accounts could just be a newby who is unaware of the forum rules but it could just as likely be Law enforcement agencies or media.

I would like this thread to be used to identify suspicious BL accounts, posting their user name.

yeah i got a message about 2 days ago from somone with 0 comments asking for peoples phone numbers in sydney who can get "ecstasy tablets and cannabis" i went to report him but he had already been banned.watch out people! i think we may have some piggys in our fourm :\ oink oink fuckers.

i'll have a look for the PM n copy n paste it in here if i still have it

heres the PM and the fuckers name:

<Please don't paste pms in public>

"anyone selling ecstasy or cannabis in Sydney" that set off alarm bells! i smell bacon people!

Last edited by a moderator:
if anyone wants to deter these kind of messages all you have to do is give them the address of a Sydney police station or a phone number of a Sydney police station :p

But yeah over the years I've had a few of these kinds of things, I generally don't reply to anyone on PM unless its one of the people I've come to read many posts from over the yrs, even then I'm not going to say much, unless it's some general kind of questions or chat.

that was a old rule before you had 50 posts you couldnt send PM's now they allow 1 PM each hour i think.i think they should bring back the old rule just to keep us a little safer

Also, what's with the high number of guests who browse aus drug? It seems higher compared to other forums on BL.

In relation to this, I used to get messaged all the time on BL back when I lived in Melbourne. I wasn't very subtle about being a smack head. People would always ask me for H and shit. I mean how hard is it to get H in Melbourne? lol.

I got one as well and have had several over my time.
Damn, I thought I was special. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.