• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Wanting to try IVing tips

Alien47

Bluelighter
I know what some of u are about to say there's a master thread (or whatever they are called) I already read it I just want to know if there are any other tips I should know about and could I be told the absolute needs like things that essentially to be 100% safe
Also one last thin where can I get needles and how big
Pls and thank u

Ok so the only way to be 100% safe is to not do it. For me it was the hardest thing to quit. Just the act was a fetish for me and I banged things that were way dumb in a short amount of time. It took my high functioning employed addict days to homeless jobless junkie days in a couple months. Be around people on the level in case something goes wrong but if they are using too they may be more concerned about getting caught than calling an ambulance to help you. Dose small!!! You can't undo it once you slam it unless you have narcan and a friend who administers it to you because you may be out when it hits. Clean needle-go to local needle exchange. Ask yourself if you could pull blood (no drugs) off yourself because the action is the same. If you can't do it you risk going into the tissue when you use and causing an abscess. Also firsthand I can tell you cotton fever sucks. What do you plan on IV'ing and why? New ROA or new drug altogether?

True harm-reduction advice - Don't do it.. Seriously it's not as good as you think it will be... Be safe man.

I was plugging meds that were already made for iv'ing cuz I was scared to IV. Then I iv'd it and wow- it's amazing. But it's hard. It's way harder than I thought. I thought any idiot must be able to do this- but no- not SAFELY. Not successfully. hitting a vein doesn't come easy every time and sometimes you'll end up with swelling and pain.... Can easily turn into something bad if you're not super careful an diligent. If you go this route, you have to be SERIOUS about being responsible or wind up in the hospital with an infection or worse. There are some threads about iv'ing and maintains your veins. I've been on those a lot, getting advice. Don't tread lightly when it comes to a needle!

Okay is it bad to post to this with a honest response... ? I've been clean from heroin for.almost 7 months but was a very avid IV drug user. The first couple times I had a friend help me because I had no idea what I was doing. Now, as far as safety and everything goes, clean "utensils", and fresh syringes will be key:) Depending on your skin and the depth of your veins you will probably want 29g needle. Not the shorty, but the shorty ones are helpful if your decide to use your hand(usually a 30g). Be sure that you tie off the part of the body. This will give you a clearer idea of where the vein is and the build up of the pressure makes it easier to hit. Always follow the vein and try not to hit it from the side since you can puncture the vein and not nessisarly be in it. Do it with a slant not just straight in, you'll probably go through the vein doing this. When you draw back the plunger be sure you have a decent amount of blood, and then draw back mor to make sure you are still in the vein. Release the tie off, and slowly push plunger in, if you feel pain or burning you'll want to stop :) Get to know your body, don't exhaust your veins, and as someone else said, start with a low dose of what ever it is that your trying this with. I by no means am saying "do it! Try it!" But let's be real here: you posted to ask something on a message board where people who can direct you should. If you were asking for feedback or critisism you would probably not post it on a site where one can be open and honest about their using. Be safe, see if someone can help you, try to not become a strictly IV user. Your tolerance will sky rocket :)
Love

Last edited:
The two most important pieces of advice I can think of off hand (besides not doing it.) are, 1.) Be aware that once you start needles, there is nearly no way back. It becomes a fixation that most people never get over! The iv road has no u-turns, and leads straight to misery and despair. It's the fastest route to ruining your life 2.) If youre dead set on doing it, invest in a micron filter, theyre available online, for fairly cheap. Using cotton to filter is ineffective and as mentioned above, can lead to cotton feaver. I dont know what drug you plan on iv'ing, but please avoid shooting pills, I've seen people fuck up their arms in a very short period of time. But, if you dont adhere to that advice, and shoot pills anyways, at the very least, DO NOT cook your shots! Also, find a needle exchange, and use an unused needle everytime.. just google "needles after multiple uses", and you'll see why..

- Hopeless Soul

Do not start! .... Clean and new rig, micron filter every time. Clean hands and injection site. Start small. Use sterile water. Be careful!

I agree with everyone else that you should avoid needles. I used to hate needles, but after using them, my whole mindset changed. Like Raysu said, it became a fetish. I fell in love with the whole ritual rather than it being something I just did to get to where I wanted to be. It also took my tolerance to a whole new plateau. I was in over my head before I realized.

That said, I took some steps to try to be safer. I googled images for safe injection sites, used thin (no thicker than 29 or 30 guage) needles and used a new one each time. I used to put my thumb down on on the injection site as I pulled the needle out to put pressure on the spot. This leaves less of a mark. I would try to rotate spots and avoid unsafe spots. Sometimes this means just giving up for a bit and trying later. I would never try to do this while I was in a rush. It never works out well that way. I'd clean all other equipment with alcohol regularly.

It's well known to never share needles. However, what many people neglect to say is that includes all equipment. Never share water, mixing vials, cookers, or anything else that needle could come into contact with. Hep C is easily spread this way and something you really don't want to get.

Good luck, be safe, and don't do any of this if you can!