Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Want to trip third time on LSD but anxious

_sand_<3

Bluelighter
Hi
so im quite new experimenting psychadelics. i will sum up my experience.my first two times on LSD.

But first of all my questions:

I want to trip a third time. I do know that all trips are never the same. What im concerned is can you experience ego death or personal dissociation by just doing a small dose?

Also i have been taking 5htp for 5 days now. Stopped today. Can i still trip soon?

When i smoke weed i get a bit anxious and sometimes paranoid. Is it okay to smoke before peek on acid? or after?i enjoy the flavour of joints when im tripping.

Also is it okay do take some MDMA before? ive done that before acid both times but apparently is not safe?!

I actually want a clean trip this time. But just for future reference.
Any tips on how to ease myself before trip?
---

first time : 1/4 of the blotter (had MDMA on my system + some speed)
i was scared but read a lot about it before. Also i was with people i trusted. Experienced users. Felt safe so gave it a go.

About an hour only got enhanced audition and clear vision like i was just wearing glasses. Nothing much.
so my friends asked me if i wanted another 1/4 of the blotter and i said yes. Might aswell do it properly.

30mins and hello wonderland.
felt like a kid! everything was magical. differente but the same...but different.
super intense felt like i was connected to the world and im a nothing but an important piece of this everything.

Later on felt a bit panicky at a time were i though my friends were talking about me. Proper paranoid.
Was just me tripping. Ive managed to speak to myself and say: naaa u just tripping.
the panicky feeling went away and i laughed again and joined them.

Saw eyes and a mouth on a tree and hugged the tree as that face freaked me out but i embraced that feeling.

climbed a mountain with a friend (i had the need to be always close to someone, just didnt want to walk around alone)

This was taken on a perfect place. near a river and beautifull colorfull flowers.

overall amazing experience. Felt a bit dettached from the world on the next day. Like theres so much more.

said to myself. i want to do it again.
-----
second time trip (also MDMA on system and lots of hash./not weed) also not planned trip.
Bunch of people in a house in the middle of the mountains. some people i didnt know so well.

everyone was on acid except a couple. Sitters.boy and girl (the people i didnt know)

took one 1/4.

different buzz. one of my friends said this was more into feelings and not so to visuals.

i actually felt amazing, light like a feather and more relaxed than first time.
way less visuals than first time.

as the peek wears off decided to put other 1/4

amazing. everyone laughing and instead of walking around and exploring the trip like my first time just felt like staying put sittung on couch with a big pillow (so comfy) and playing with a rubiks cube and drinking water plus smoking joints.

but at one point i felt like crying as the sitter asked if was feeling okay and wanted to give me food. like i felt overwhelmed by her kindness.plus i didnt know what happened as i stood up and just asked her to help me finding food. dont quite remember why that sudden feeling of desorientation.

i managed to control my emotions again by thinking im just tripping.literally felt overcomed by the tears sobbing feeling.

ate and felt awesome again.

rest of the trip was perfect again.

Next day felt normal and a bit sad that i didnt get so much of the spiritual feeling as my first trip.
------

Now third time. I want to get the whole spiritual connection again. But im scared of doing a whole blotter.

I have the feeling that i can easily get panicky and anxious.

Also will be thinking about set and setting and the people around me this time. i will take a diazepam with me just in case and a blanket and extra different playlists.

But i dont want to worry to much. As much as i think about doing it i get more nervous about it.

Also i already suffered from severe panic attacks in the past.

I can control my emotions quite well but on acid its different.

Im scared of not understanding whilest tripping that im on acid and not beeing able of talking to myself through it as ive done it before. Like as soon as i feel panicky i say: ah im just tripping, laugh about it.
Like can this happened? not beeing able of talking yourself through it?
-----
Sorry for the long post and the amount of questions.
But i want to do this properly and enjoy the fullest the trip.
-----
ps: i love acid but i have massive respect as i easily saw how can you pass that thin line from a good trip to a bad trip.

Thank you ♥

I did not have the time to read all of this, but i have to mention that there is a big difference between being nervous and being anxious, and if you feel that you are truly anxious, i would not advise tripping until you have resolved this issue as it will impact your whole trip

I did not have the time to read all of this, but i have to mention that there is a big difference between being nervous and being anxious, and if you feel that you are truly anxious, i would not advise tripping until you have resolved this issue as it will impact your whole trip

Okay i see what you mean... Im not anxious in the sense that im scared of where the trip can take me to, im just scared that if it does take me to somewhere dark ill end up having a full blown panic attack. So any tips on how to learn to avoid it? Panic attacks arent easy to control also my worries come from other posts that i read where people just stop knowing who they are and where they are. Can this happen with a small dose?

Not sure if im explaining myself right here. English is not my first language.

Sure, trips are easier to control on low doses. My philosophy, however, is to avoid psychedelics until I am ready for it. Anxiety or nervousness is usually a sign that my set is not appropriate for tripping.

Sure, trips are easier to control on low doses. My philosophy, however, is to avoid psychedelics until I am ready for it. Anxiety or nervousness is usually a sign that my set is not appropriate for tripping.

Okay Thank you... I will wait then and take it another time... :)

have some benzos in your pocket, just knowing you have them will make a bad trip less likely since you'll know that if i'd gets too bad you have an almost magic pill on hand that will take the edge off

Definitely have a benzo just in case but I would advise against tripping until you're in a better more calm mindset. I highly doubt you'd get ego death off a small dose from personal experience the lowest dose I've seen someone go through this with was 400ug. You being nervous or anxious could easily cause an anxiety attack so give it some time. Happy trip!

Personally, weed makes any anxiety worse for me so I refrain from smoking during a trip, but that said, I smoke very little anyway so it always gives me a bit of anxiety.
Also, as someone asked, is it anxiety or nervousness? I get butterflies prior to DMT nearly every time, but it is different from anxiety, I think.
Also, it never hurts to have a benzo handy, just in case.
Sometimes, just knowing it's there will help, even if you never take it.

What im concerned is can you experience ego death or personal dissociation by just doing a small dose?
Probably not, but it depends on what you mean by 'small.'

When i smoke weed i get a bit anxious and sometimes paranoid. Is it okay to smoke before peek on acid? or after?i enjoy the flavour of joints when im tripping.
I suggest you don't smoke weed while tripping. Many people report that it can turn a trip sour.

Also is it okay do take some MDMA before? ive done that before acid both times but apparently is not safe?!
It should be fine.

I actually want a clean trip this time. But just for future reference.
Any tips on how to ease myself before trip?
Relax, meditate, etc.

Another option that comes to mind is adding a dissociative. They are also anxiolytic and unlike benzos actually enhance the effects of psychedelics. A low dose should be enough and is unlikely to make the trip hard to remember (higher doses of dissociatves will inhibit memory formation). But I think that you should only do this if you have tried whichever dissociative you pick on it's own before.

Some people also use opis for this. But I'm not really the best person to give any advice on this since I don't like opis (they don't really do much for me.... other than give me a headache and nausea).

Another option that comes to mind is adding a dissociative. They are also anxiolytic and unlike benzos actually enhance the effects of psychedelics. A low dose should be enough and is unlikely to make the trip hard to remember (higher doses of dissociatves will inhibit memory formation). But I think that you should only do this if you have tried whichever dissociative you pick on it's own before.

Some people also use opis for this. But I'm not really the best person to give any advice on this since I don't like opis (they don't really do much for me.... other than give me a headache and nausea).
I agree. A small dose of K on the come up of a trip is a truly beautiful thing

what a blessing

I think having a benzo at hand even although you might not even need it can usually have an effect of taking the anxiety level way down. I'm on the side of the fence that if a trip goes truly bad I'd rather have an out. Some seasoned trippers like to ride it out and learn from it but sometimes things can go really really south.

If it the fear of a panic attack and not just anxiety that might be worrying you a small dose of Propranolol can stop a panic attack in its tracks.

Don't take MDMA to prime you - it is not responsible to rely on such a potent drug for your feeling of well-being.

Yes psychedelics can be challenging, but if you can't take that you shouldn't be taking them - the same way you should't take pain-killers to push your limits to endure what you otherwise couldn't.

Don't know why you take 5-HTP but it should be fine to trip if you stop 5-HTP a few days.

Also don't have speed or hash/weed in your system even before you start tripping... they can have effect on your anxiety levels which makes it really difficult to say what's happening.

It's not weird to have a benzo on hand for emergencies, but mostly just prepare with a set and setting that are right for tripping. Nothing too exciting that promotes restlessness. Honestly those people around you might be among the primary issues, especially if you don't know them well. Why must you trip among other people rather than just your one good friend?

In some cases mild trips can be more anxious because you are a bit scattered still, and a full on trip - as long as there is nothing really confusing or threatening making you anxious or paranoid - can make more sense because it is just so complete and immersive. But you should really pay much more attention to your set and setting, and how things like other people or being out in some random place make you feel.

A nice walk in the mountains sounds beautiful though, and a nice way to keep you occupied as long as you have a good friend to watch over you both. It is normal that something like acid destabilizes your feelings, you can more easily go from glorious to scared and back again. It's fine, just make sure that you don't dwell or spiral.

Thank you everyone for your comments.
So i did wait.
I did took a benzo in the pocket with me just in case.

Never took K so i wouldnt do it before LSD.
And i took MDMA before hand...just puts me in a good mood and relaxed etc..why isnt a good idea? Does it delays your trip or something?

So i took most of the advices.
But still my trip took me to a weird place.
I smoked some hash thinking it wouldnt mess my head or anxiety like weed does...turns out that it enhanced my high.

I felt like i was on a cartoon world where everything was melting and as i was walking (yes i was going home thinking that my trip was finished by than, but all the sudden it kicked strong) all the sudden i could barely talk and i didnt know who i was, or what me was. Very scary feeling but my friend was there and i felt safe. And all the sudden it was gone. We went to the beach and it was just so weird.like people seemed like a sims game and i didnt belong there.
Looking up to the sky and clouds tho gave me peace.so we decided to leave after half an hour.
Finally at home i felt so safe around my cats that i just wanted to lay down on the floor.
Definitely next time im not walking in the middle of the city thinking the trip was over and doing with a bit more time.

Next day i was so detached from the world. Kept on thinking about the cars melting and this old man i saw with a scary face whilest walking. And thinking about the weird cartoon lile world ive been at.

Im taking LSD now only next year during summer.
The thought of having a benzo with me really helped but never took it <3 thank you

Also im not smoking hash/weed again during high because it really ruins my high and i get dark thoughts.
Definitely enjoyed weed after at home already relaxed after a "funny" shower. For some reason im not fond of water whilest tripping.
Definitely wanna do it again but not so soon and definitely i will think about setting as it really changes my trip.
Thanks everyone <3

Don't take MDMA to prime you - it is not responsible to rely on such a potent drug for your feeling of well-being.

Yes psychedelics can be challenging, but if you can't take that you shouldn't be taking them - the same way you should't take pain-killers to push your limits to endure what you otherwise couldn't.

Don't know why you take 5-HTP but it should be fine to trip if you stop 5-HTP a few days.

Also don't have speed or hash/weed in your system even before you start tripping... they can have effect on your anxiety levels which makes it really difficult to say what's happening.

It's not weird to have a benzo on hand for emergencies, but mostly just prepare with a set and setting that are right for tripping. Nothing too exciting that promotes restlessness. Honestly those people around you might be among the primary issues, especially if you don't know them well. Why must you trip among other people rather than just your one good friend?

In some cases mild trips can be more anxious because you are a bit scattered still, and a full on trip - as long as there is nothing really confusing or threatening making you anxious or paranoid - can make more sense because it is just so complete and immersive. But you should really pay much more attention to your set and setting, and how things like other people or being out in some random place make you feel.

A nice walk in the mountains sounds beautiful though, and a nice way to keep you occupied as long as you have a good friend to watch over you both. It is normal that something like acid destabilizes your feelings, you can more easily go from glorious to scared and back again. It's fine, just make sure that you don't dwell or spiral.

I was taking 5HTP because honestly helps me with my mood swings. Less irritated and anxious etc. I stopped taking it 6 days prior also im doing a break from it as i can only take it for a month or so.

I normally only smoke hash before bed and weed i avoid unless im home because i get paranoid.

Maybe the fact that im not doing a full tab could be the reason. I always cut the paper tab into twos and take half or 1/4 and after 2hrs another 1/4. I guess im doing it wrong. Im not experienced so im not sure if i should take the full tab.

Yes my friend(did not take lsd) took care of me and i recall whilest i was tripping he was holding my arm and talking about whatever (his voice was there but far away) so i really couldnt understand as i was in my own little cartoon world. When i finally managed to speak i looked at him and i felt safe. I didnt dwell against the dark feelings just looked away from the scary man and focused in buildings and cars and finally my friend. As i looked to him my visuals were gone. Really weird feeling knowing that im tripping my balls off but for one second not knowing who i was or were i was and getting racy heart and racy thoughts... somehow having my friend there really helped me. Like if was alone i would get lost or just imersed in this world for ages. I guess...

What do you mean exactly by spiral?

The first order of business with any psychedelic substance, especially for the novice, is to avoid taking more than one can handle. The key to this is realizing that some people have a MUCH lower tolerance to psychedelics than others. As an example, everyone you're with is taking 2-3 tabs, and they're all having a great time, but you can only handle 1/4 tab. THIS IS PERFECTLY NORMAL. There are certain rules you need to follow in order to avoid taking too much, and no one else can ever be made responsible for that.

Never listen to ANYONE concerning dose. Only you can establish your tolerance to these substances. You do this by trial and error. Start with 1/4 tab, and if that goes well, next time try 1/2. You need to follow this procedure with each new batch and/or substance. Mind that 1/2 tab of one substance can be MUCH stronger than 1/2 tab of another, so even if you did well with 1/2 tab of one, you can easily find yourself in over your head with 1/2 tab of something else. We're not even talking different drug here - a new batch from the same source may very well be much stronger, and you need to safeguard yourself against that possibility. Always approach your tolerance gradually by testing each new batch and/or substance personally.

There are some amazing substances out there these days that are readily available and easy to get, among them 4-HO-MET (5mg is a safe place to start) and ALD-52 (1/4 blotter or 30 mics). There is a lot of information on Bluelight about these, and I urge you to look into that carefully.

People will disagree with me, and I'm fine with that, but never smoke marijuana when your tripping. That certainly CAN cause a bad trip, and it's happened to me repeatedly.

flammarion-c1.jpg

Last edited:
Okay i see what you mean... Im not anxious in the sense that im scared of where the trip can take me to, im just scared that if it does take me to somewhere dark ill end up having a full blown panic attack. So any tips on how to learn to avoid it? Panic attacks arent easy to control also my worries come from other posts that i read where people just stop knowing who they are and where they are. Can this happen with a small dose?

Not sure if im explaining myself right here. English is not my first language.

I read through your post, not every word, but enough to suggest that you try not smoking weed while you're tripping.
I don't get much, if any, anxiety from psychedelics...unless I smoke weed.
And as HeadHigh said, there is a big difference between anxiety and nerves. I almost always get butterflies before I do DMT and I've done it more times than I can count. So, for me, nerves are just part of it with certain psychs, but butterflies are nerves , not anxiety.
A panic attack in the middle of an acid trip would suck ass, I'm sure. So try and figure out which it is, but remember...try tripping w/out the weed and see if that helps.

Yes. Do not smoke weed while tripping if you're getting anxiety on psychedelics. I pretty much never smoke while tripping even after having tripped hundreds of times and reached extreme states as weed just really brings on the anxiety for me.

Do not smoke weed. If you suffer from anxiety, taking a small benzo dose (.25mg to .75mg of xanax, or .5mg to 1mg of klonopin) when you dose will be an incredible experience (the brilliant feeling of not feeling anxiety like you normally do, amplified infinitely by the psychedelic).