• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Want to get high but only with legal/natural things, how to proceed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DDK

Greenlighter
My first post here after some visits to the forum.My experience with drugs is only with benzodiazepines, which I have used recreationally about 1 year. However, my body responds poorly to these kinds of substances, incredible as it may seem to have been inducers to psychosis in me.I don't want and never wanted to use anything illegal. I want recommendations of legal substances that can alter my conscience, even if it is slight, without further deteriorating my mental conditions.OBS: I have schizoid personality disorder with psychosis and depersonalization, so marijuana can stay out of the suggestions.Substances that I have used recreationally: clonazepam, zolpidem, alprazolam, diazepam, flunitrazepam and bromazepam.Substances which I have used in a manner prescribed by a health care professional: ritalin(did me harm), risperidone, quetiapine, zolpidem, clonazepam and haloperidol.

we're not here to tell you what drugs to take to get the best high - this is a HR forum
please consult the Bluelight User Agreement
༼༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽

Obviously you don't mean natural things because marijuana is as natural as you get.

Way I see it the problem here goes beyond questions of harm reduction. It's not something we can answer. People are so variable. How one person responds to a substance can be so different to someone else. Truth is you just won't know for sure till you try it.

I mean, you've already ruled out benzos, a drug class I would consider psychoactively about as mild as you get. I mean any milder in terms of psychoactive effect and we're talking drugs like caffeine. Sorry but I don't think any of us can answer this question for you. Even completely putting aside keeping concerns about HR value.

Another catch 22 here. The drugs that don't have much addiction liability tend to have mental health liability, and vice versa. Benzos are in the addiction side of that scale and somehow apparently still cause that reaction. Maybe your body chemistry just can't handle being screwed with.

I'm going to close this. Like Keeping has mentioned, we can't really do a "from scratch" advisement regarding what drugs you will or will not like. I feel that you, like the majority of people, tend to think that "natural" substances are healthier than synthetic substances. The truth is that natural vs. synthetic has very little bearing on how addictive or dangerous a drug is. For instance, Morphine is a naturally occurring substance. We don't "create" Morphine, we just remove the inactive plant material from Opium to make it easier to consume/transport. Cocaine, although following a different chemical process, is basically the same. We're just removing a chemical from the plant material that was already there to begin with.

As far as finding "legal" drugs that you will truly enjoy, I wish you luck. Outside of Alcohol, the majority of psychoactive substances sold over the counter are well-known for being totally negative drug experiences; As, we've already covered though, you need to do your own experimentation to find out what you like the best. A good rule of thumb: most drugs that are known for their propensity for recreational use are already illegal and just like the natural vs. synthetic argument, legal vs. illegal has very little bearing on how safe/addictive a substance is.

Jess: Folks with Schizoid-type mental illness are generally advised to stay clear of psychedelic drugs, including Cannabis, as they can greatly exacerbate the negative symptoms of these disorders. I just thought you might like to know why this is ruled out.

Status
Not open for further replies.