• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Wanna get some weed for the first time

Colinf1212

Greenlighter
The first time user thread seems to be down in the cannabis directory so I will post this here.

So I've been passed weed before by friends but never gotten any for myself. I don't know how to roll it or know what strain to buy either.

I just wanna use it for the Christmas holidays I get off work. I was thinking of getting my dad to try it with me, that's be cool. How many grams would I need for 3 days (Christmas eve to boxing day) exactly? I've taken it before and it didn't hit me very hard at all so I'm thinking maybe 10 grams? I was also thinking of buying white widow, anyone have any recommendations or experiences?

Can I just get some weed, roll them into joints and carry the joints around with me?

It sounds like you don't smoke often, so with a low tolerance 10 grams would definitely be too much for that time frame. Even if it was shit weed.

You'd need 1-3 grams depending on how much you plan to smoke/how good it is.

With a low tolerance you should get a pipe, smoking a whole joint will just fuck your tolerance and get you blown to the point of not enjoying it. (Plus you don't have to worry about rolling.)

With a low tolerance the strain doesn't matter much, but get a sativa-- (it seems you plan on smoking a good amount, sativas will allow you to do that and not fall asleep lol)

I advise against joints, they're wasteful and not for a person with low tolerance unless you're sharing with 6 other people.
If it's illegal where you live I'd say don't just walk around with it, just do it in your house or something.

I literally LOL'd when I read:

How many grams would I need for 3 days (Christmas eve to boxing day) exactly? I've taken it before and it didn't hit me very hard at all so I'm thinking maybe 10 grams?

Bro, I think 10g will be more than enough for a, and forgive the term here, rookie smoker. Get the 10g.

I think you'd be more than supplied with 1-2g per day but, man, you never know if you're gonna go on a binge-- especially during holiday vacations. I don't think you'll run out early if you grab 10.

And yeah, man, you can roll some joints and take 'em with you. Keep in mind that this is illegal in a majority of places, though. Just make sure to put them in something that'll protect them from getting fucked over in your pocket, like an empty cigarette pack (box/hard pack) or an Altoids tin.

No reason not to get more than you need..... Worst case scenario give the rest you don't want to a friend in need

OP -

Is your dad cool with smoking at all? Does he smoke? Does he know you smoke? If he's okay with the idea, and as long as both of you are going nowhere for those days, then I would say yeah, pick up 10 grams of the best that you can find and go to town - over the course of those 3 days. If neither of you have to drive, get very high. And just before Christmas dinner spark another one and see how phenomenally good the feast tastes.

Of course, adjust the amount you buy downward if your dad isn't cool with it, either of you have to drive, etc.

Oh man, toasted turkey breast sandwich with stuffing, gravy, potatoes and mozzarella cheese......you know you want to.

Tom

Last edited:
if you thought of asking your dad to smoke with you while you were high, I'd suggest sobering up and reconsidering. I'm not saying it's totally a bad idea, but you might want to consider things in your sober mind.

I'm a pretty heavy smoker and 10 grams would last me 3 days, and a lot of my friends about a week or more. Mind you that most my friends and I have been smoking daily for years.

10 grams would probably be enough to get you and your whole family stupid high for the entirety of those 3 days if you wanted. Like psychedelic, not sure who you are at times, euphoria, dysphoria, "i'm reconsidering my whole childhood right now" high from morning and through the night, or however long you manage to stay conscious.

IME, take it easy and don't be in a rush to smoke as much as others. enjoy a low tolerance and don't try to be showy. For starters, a pipe is great because you can pack just enough for a hit or two and ride that out. Then 15-30min, maybe even 2-4 hours laters, pack another little rip. Unless you are rich you will wish you had a lower tolerance later on if you continue smoking.

Questions/Answers to all the posts above, thanks guys;

I haven't smoked in about 3 months when I was passed around a joint. I've been passed around a joint on the odd occasion.

I hate the fact that I have to roll a joint, I'm quite clumsy with my hands and it seems time-consuming. If people didn't have to worry about rolling a joint and could use a pipe why don't they just do that? I'm open to that idea.

White Widow is 65 percent Indica and 35 percent Sativa from reading up on it. I was drawn to that strain because I thought I had heard of it before and I can get it from Amsterdam but I may be hilariously confusing my familiarity with the term 'white widow' with the white British Islamist woman plaguing Britain. Any other names of well known European strains that would be good for my situation? Sour Diesel is a sativa from what I have read. Is that a better option?

It doesn't all have to be used in the three days, I could finish off the rest of it on my own time, was just making sure 10g would last since I've heard of guys smoking 7grams a day.

About my dad; he doesn't smoke but I tell him everything about my life/drug usage and we have a very open relationship. He smokes cigars on summer holidays so I was thinking of surprising him with this during Christmas. He will have to drive on Christmas day (I don't drive since I live in the city centre) but I doubt he'd want to do it all 3 days like I would. I'll probably try doing it with him on Christmas Eve or Christmas night.

Edit to the above: I didn't think of asking my dad to smoke with me while I was high. I haven't even asked him yet, it just seems like a fun experience. He's not very strict with me, but he's a tough-nut in that he shows little emotion and would probably look down on stoners, but we'll see. He definitely won't punish me for suggesting it lol. My parents divorced this year and it would be a good way of bonding with him. My mother would not entertain the idea at all lol.

Last edited:
I hate the fact that I have to roll a joint, I'm quite clumsy with my hands and it seems time-consuming. If people didn't have to worry about rolling a joint and could use a pipe why don't they just do that? I'm open to that idea.

Because we love to roll and smoke joints. But pipes are good too.

White Widow is 65 percent Indica and 35 percent Sativa from reading up on it. I was drawn to that strain because I thought I had heard of it before and I can get it from Amsterdam but I may be hilariously confusing my familiarity with the term 'white widow' with the white British Islamist woman plaguing Britain. Any other names of well known European strains that would be good for my situation? Sour Diesel is a sativa from what I have read. Is that a better option?

WW can be kinda trippy/introspective. Depends on if that's what you want. Not the best option for socializing with your dad. Sour Diesel is really strong with a tendency to cause paranoia, I wouldn't recommend it for people without a tolerance.

Something like Power Plant would probably be good for your situation.

10g is like a good 4-6 week supply for me :p

2 or 3 grams will likely be fine for you.
Unless of course you decided to cook with it instead of smoking it; maybe then you could get more. But hey; I'm not against stocking up for a later date. Just don't overdo it :) have fun!

Questions/Answers to all the posts above, thanks guys;

I haven't smoked in about 3 months when I was passed around a joint. I've been passed around a joint on the odd occasion.

It doesn't all have to be used in the three days, I could finish off the rest of it on my own time, was just making sure 10g would last since I've heard of guys smoking 7grams a day.

About my dad; he doesn't smoke but I tell him everything about my life/drug usage and we have a very open relationship. He smokes cigars on summer holidays so I was thinking of surprising him with this during Christmas. He will have to drive on Christmas day (I don't drive since I live in the city centre) but I doubt he'd want to do it all 3 days like I would. I'll probably try doing it with him on Christmas Eve or Christmas night.

Edit to the above: I didn't think of asking my dad to smoke with me while I was high. I haven't even asked him yet, it just seems like a fun experience. He's not very strict with me, but he's a tough-nut in that he shows little emotion and would probably look down on stoners, but we'll see. He definitely won't punish me for suggesting it lol. My parents divorced this year and it would be a good way of bonding with him. My mother would not entertain the idea at all lol.

sounds like you have a really cool relationship with you parents. I would love to be able to relax and smoke weed with my parents as I'm pretty sure both of them have in the past but I know they wouldn't smoke around me.

as far as why doesn't everyone use pipes, there are a few reasons for me, the main ones being that it is one more thing to carry around(and possibly break/get caught with), one more thing you have to clean out, and personally I enjoy having something to smoke. When I first started out I was pipes all the way. With a low tolerance it is the way to go, but when you start to need to smoke multiple bowls in a single session to get right, it's much more convenient to roll something. Using a grinder and having a few years of rolling joints under your belt makes it a much quicker process. When I want to smoke on the go, I just pre-roll a few joints and when I'm done I have no stinky pipe to carry around.

with weed, less really is more. be safe hope you and your dad have fun

Ahh to be a new stoner again... 10g would be a pretty pricey purchase to make for three days of toking. Generally I never like to buy weed in less than an eighth (3.5 grams, $35-55) and even that might be overkill for that short of time.

Also I never recommend rolling joints for weed newbies. People tend to put way too much green in them than what is necessary for an inexperienced smoke sesh and otherwise mess something up. I would invest the $5-10 in a cheap, yet perfectly functional, glass piece. Walk into any headshop and im sure the people there will help you out.

with weed, less really is more.

THIS