View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Waking Up To Dose Before Sunrise

LandsUnknown

Bluelighter
I'm thinking of getting up around 3 or 4 AM and dosing right then. I'd go to bed about 9 PM that night, and then wake up extremely early. Perhaps, I'd go outside with my telescope during the come up and look at some things in the night sky. Then, as the sun came up, I'd just chill out in my room and go outside for a bit to watch the sunrise. After that, I'd probably spend a bit of time chilling out in my room listening to music. Then, I'd likely go out in the evening around 7 at night for some beer and vodka or whiskey and then call it a night....... and contemplating the awesome day and watching the sun go down while sipping beer along with some good whiskey or vodka. Has anybody ever woken up early to dose and then watch the sunrise during the come up and/or peak of their trip. If so, how did it go? This sounds like quite an awesome idea, as most of my trips have been night trips were I'd dose in the early to late evening and then stay up most of the night tripping and never really see a sunrise while tripping.

I've had wonderful experiences with taking allylescaline before sunrise and watching the sun rise from the ridge over looking my town. Makes for a GREAT day hike.

I am an early riser myself these days and I dont like indulging too late because it throws my sleep schedule off. And night time tripping? Not anymore for this guy.
Early morning tripping ftw <3

Once I took 75mg of Ketamine insufflated at 07:00 am, after I got out of bed. Holy shit ... it was very powerful, much more than when I'vetaken Ketamine in the afternoon/evening.

Has anyone experienced that travel is more powerful early in the morning?

DocLad

Did this once..we stayed up and dosed at about 3-4 am then sat on the beach to watch the sunrise...Great time..very memorable trip. .highly recommended early am

Once I took 75mg of Ketamine insufflated at 07:00 am, after I got out of bed. Holy shit ... it was very powerful, much more than when I'vetaken Ketamine in the afternoon/evening.

Has anyone experienced that travel is more powerful early in the morning?

DocLad

I'm not surprised, and I'd be willing to bet so. During the morning I'm closer to dreaming, the first 20-30 minutes of being up for me are usually pretty expanded, fun, and playful as I feel carefree and a bit joyous. There's much less to attach to mentally so I find much more space to be expansive and exploratory

Never tried this. I have, many times, taken LSD a couple hours before sunset, partied all night, and caught the sunrise at the tail end.

Dawn for me is always one of the most "magical" times to trip. I usually don't dose early morning, but I often take LSD very late at night, and just when it starts getting light out I get this really profound feeling, its sort of like deja vu, very pensive and mystical.

I live so far north that in the summer (only time I trip 99% of the time), the sun rises very early, like 5am, so to dose before then I'd have to get up at like 3am since LSD takes so long to kick in.

I've done this with weed when it was intensely psychedelic for me, also stayed up all night on shrooms and watched the sun rise. I was not let down, watching the sun rise under a clear sky on psychedelics is something everyone should experience.

I have been using 2-Oxo-PCE since December on a Daily/Semi Daily basis for Depression-Anxiety-Panic Attacks-An alternative to Opiates/Opioid related Compounds Tramadol/Ultram included-Also for Bi-Polar Type 1-as well as possible D.I.D. - It has helped me significantly...But I feel as if I seriously was due for a Health and Wellness Check-Up.
I choose to believe the Bluelight Community has been helping Me-Help Myself-By sharing my story-Because Im no Hacker. Im just an average Cat with a little motivation and desire to learn. If im mistaken-Thanks to the Community anyways. Thank You SO Much for your Friendship and Support over the years. Much Love. One Love. Back to Scool time.

I have been using 2-Oxo-PCE since December on a Daily/Semi Daily basis for Depression-Anxiety-Panic Attacks-An alternative to Opiates/Opioid related Compounds Tramadol/Ultram included-Also for Bi-Polar Type 1-as well as possible D.I.D. - It has helped me significantly...But I feel as if I seriously was due for a Health and Wellness Check-Up.
I choose to believe the Bluelight Community has been helping Me-Help Myself-By sharing my story-Because Im no Hacker. Im just an average Cat with a little motivation and desire to learn. If im mistaken-Thanks to the Community anyways. Thank You SO Much for your Friendship and Support over the years. Much Love. One Love. Back to Scool time.

Be careful combining tramadol with dissociatives. I had a seizure as a result of an interaction with tramadol and dxm. Tramadol seriously lowers seizure threshold. I know dxm has all kinds of nanometer binding affinities that other dissociatives may not, but I still think it's an unnecessary risk. I don't mean to preach or come across as condescending, just don't want anyone else to go through what I did...

Last edited:
Be careful combining tramadol with dissociatives. I had a seizure as a result of an interaction with tramadol and dxm. Tramadol seriously lowers seizure threshold. I know dxm has all kinds of nanometer binding affinities that other dissociatives may not, but I still think it's an unnecessary risk. I don't mean to preach or come across as condescending, just don't want anyone else to go through what I did...

Yes, Tramadol and Dxm are substances that compete with the agonism/Antagonism of many receptors. In fact, they are similar in this sense, mixing them together or with another drug is usually a bad idea.

DocLad

Yep, done it several times. I prefer tripping super early. I'll dose at 3 or 4 am and it sets the tone for the day, usually a good one.
Great idea though. Do it.

early is great, however, since your time sense will be altered, it is best if you can avoid people going to work or working at jobs that are in the public (e.g. mall personel, cops, delivery people, mail workers, etc.).
The early morning dance of the workforce is all about precise intervals and automatically deft social exchanges.

early is great, however, since your time sense will be altered, it is best if you can avoid people going to work or working at jobs that are in the public (e.g. mall personel, cops, delivery people, mail workers, etc.).
The early morning dance of the workforce is all about precise intervals and automatically deft social exchanges.

Agree. I prefer to trip at night, starting around 7-8 and being up all night, though short actors I enjoy in thw afternoon
I always found it kinda gross feeling to be awake from last night on a weekday and seeing all these productive folks going about their business, and here I am all fucked up from last night

The worst was being coked out and witnessing it... made me feel rather worthless

He's 100% right.
So try and stay out of the freeway or the lobby of the local police station.

I mean really, WTF does this even mean? "The early morning dance of the workforce is all about precise intervals and automatically deft social exchanges."
Pup, do even read the crap you right or is it "flow of barely-consciousness".

I mean really, WTF does this even mean? "The early morning dance of the workforce is all about precise intervals and automatically deft social exchanges."
Pup, do even read the crap you right or is it "flow of barely-consciousness".

It's a perfectly valid and logical assertion. I understand him completely.

Nothing beats watching the sunrise while tripping.. Although it's usually because I'm tripping through the night. I absolutely love dosing some LSD around 9 or so and still be feeling it the next morning. Same with Mescaline.

With that said I've never dosed early early in the morning, and not for lack of trying, it's just never felt right.. Usually I'm not in a proper mindset when I wake up. I'm just not a morning person.

Great example; my girl works out in the morning but I can't, it usually takes until noon before I feel I can work out.

I guess it all depends on whether you enjoy those early hours or not.

But back to watching the sunrise tripping.. I'm usually overcome with this sense of pride for "surviving" the night. Sunrise sets at festivals are amazing.

One of the best memories I have is sitting on a beach with a few hundred other like minded souls, as the sunrose across this pond that was steaming from the cool night before. Tipper and F1 system. The steam rising up formed tentacles that reached into the sky. Pretty much everyone there sparked up DMT at the same time. I rolled up a good .5g deems blunt for my friends but had tripped so much the whole weekend it didn't really get me there, I was already very "there." But my friend was brought to tears by the beauty of it and that, still brings tears to my eye to this day.

The afterglow from that weekend felt like it went on forever..

I'm not sure how many of you have done group DMT sessions but there is a really bonding feel to the entire experience with your fellow trippers. (5-ht1a? oxytocin) Imagine this on a much much larger scale.. I believe it was life altering for many people there that day.

Also I remember my first LSD trip, it was early 5am and all my friends had passed out but I was literally sitting in the dark with my eyes wide open. I decided I wanted to see the sunrise so set off to find a beautiful spot. Unfortunately no spot felt right and I kinda missed it before I had a chance to see it.

-GC

Last edited:
Nothing beats watching the sunrise while tripping.. Although it's usually because I'm tripping through the night. I absolutely love dosing some LSD around 9 or so and still be feeling it the next morning. Same with Mescaline.

With that said I've never dosed early early in the morning, and not for lack of trying, it's just never felt right.. Usually I'm not in a proper mindset when I wake up. I'm just not a morning person.

Great example; my girl works out in the morning but I can't, it usually takes until noon before I feel I can work out.

I guess it all depends on whether you enjoy those early hours or not.

But back to watching the sunrise tripping.. I'm usually overcome with this sense of pride for "surviving" the night. Sunrise sets at festivals are amazing.

One of the best memories I have is sitting on a beach with a few hundred other like minded souls, as the sunrose across this pond that was steaming from the cool night before. Tipper and F1 system. The steam rising up formed tentacles that reached into the sky. Pretty much everyone there sparked up DMT at the same time. I rolled up a good .5g deems blunt for my friends but had tripped so much the whole weekend it didn't really get me there, I was already very "there." But my friend was brought to tears by the beauty of it and that, still brings tears to my eye to this day.

The afterglow from that weekend felt like it went on forever..

I'm not sure how many of you have done group DMT sessions but there is a really bonding feel to the entire experience with your fellow trippers. (5-ht1a? oxytocin) Imagine this on a much much larger scale.. I believe it was life altering for many people there that day.

Also I remember my first LSD trip, it was early 5am and all my friends had passed out but I was literally sitting in the dark with my eyes wide open. I decided I wanted to see the sunrise so set off to find a beautiful spot. Unfortunately no spot felt right and I kinda missed it before I had a chance to see it.

-GC

Festivals, drugs and sunrises, mmmm :)

It brings me back memories of a big psytrance festival here in Canada. After a cool night and a rough mushrooms trip. With the steam over the field full of tents, those people on the dancefloor, and understanding that I shouldn't need drugs to enjoy the beauty of nature :)