• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Waking up from an overdose, need some advice to feel better

mBaby

Greenlighter
So I injected heroine and it was extremely intense and just kept getting more and more intense and my ears started feeling like there was cotton in them and my vision was getting white so I stood up and started trying to move around to keep blood flow to my head but my whole body was so weak and shaky so I fell and (I was in my car in a parking lot during this) I thought I was getting into my back seat to lay down until this nightmare wore off but before I knew it I woke up and was laying on my back on the pavement.

It's been maybe an hour or more since this happened and my jaw is still feeling tense and chattery and I can feel the muscles twitching when I touch my face. I also feel kindof weak and my eyes are droopy but I'm guessing that's the heroine high.

What can I do to help get myself feeling back to normal after an incident like this? And is the chattery jaw normal and what can I do to make it stop?

Thanks guys!

Coffee, walking around be careful not to pass out again. You really need to be careful dosing.
Also please stop doing drugs in a parking lot, and then driving under the influence.
My brother just got fucked over on a dui doing that and possesion charges as well, might not see him for a few years.
Try and be safe

You probably got postural hypotension when you stood up (your blood pressure was low, yous tood up and the blood rushed out of your head and you lost conciousness).

As the heroin wears off you will feel better. Time is the antidote here.

you had to much... its kinda scary... your body is trying to keep you alive.... don't do this again... stop with the needles unless you wanna risk death or worse.

Coffee, walking around be careful not to pass out again. You really need to be careful dosing.
Also please stop doing drugs in a parking lot, and then driving under the influence.
My brother just got fucked over on a dui doing that and possesion charges as well, might not see him for a few years.
Try and be safe

Caffeine has no place in recreational drug use especially not in combating a life threatening episode. Do you imagine walking into a hospital in critical condition and the doctor gives you a cup of coffee...let's be serious. Sure, a vasoconstrictor should be used to bring up blood pressure, but not caffeine because it's not selective and has contradictory receptor activity, one decreases heart rate, other one increases it...so shortly put it does fuckall, we don't really know. Fuckall is not proper treatment in such situations.

YOu want something that targets ONE receptor, not fkn 235235 receptors, so what receptor would you target if you had low blood pressure caused by CNS deactivation? Well you can go several ways, you either reactivate CNS with dopamine D2, or you get more adrenaline, with SELECTIVE medication. This means NOT cocaine.

Last edited:
^^hmm, a cup of coffee wont hurt though, right....

as sekio and titan7 said. wait it out, try not to fall asleep and dont do any more drugs. the life threatening part is over, but take it as a lesson that you need to be much more careful with your dosing. try not to use alone if possible or get some help for your habit.

If you have access to narcan get a nasal spray narcan kit to have by your side. 30 minutes of withdrawal is better than 1 minute of bliss and worry before death.

I think sekio was right though... It sounds like the blood pressure thing as the heroin might have reduced your blood pressure, combined with the anxiety/worry of overdose led to minor panic attack situation, and in the end getting overwhelmed and passing out.

Reminds me of a time I was at a street fair, I smoked a bowl of bud standing in line in the hot sun waiting for ice cream that ended up being more than 15 minutes to move 1 or two people, and finally after recognizing someone I knew although half questioning it as I was just so dizzy and next thing I know I saw the sky, went white, and woke up with that same friend making sure I was ok and not in a situation where I end up getting unnecessarily taken to the hospital and treated like a irresponsible drug user when my parents were the ones who abandoned me in the line, walked down the block so crowded that I would never find them, and did not pick up their phones at all as I called repeatedly for them. They didn't answer until after I had fainted. Fucking trash parents....

Edit: I forgot to conclude with advice, but just chill and remind yourself you are ok. Try breathing in slowly counting to 3 and breathing out more slower on the exhale counting to 6 instead and if you can get really deep breaths without straining yourself count to 5 on the inhale and 10 on the exhale. You're strong as all humans are and can recover from most anything surprisingly fast if you believe in it while doubt will be what holds back anyone the most from succeeding or growing healthy.

You need to completely quit doing heroin.

Oh, well there you go. Such a simple answer to the question 8) . Its not actually providing you anything worthwhile towards the question you asked, but when someone drops sage-like wisdom on you, don't look that gift horse in in the teeth, my friend.

I mean this guy has all the answers. Maybe we should ask him how to achieve world peace? Is the answer something like...'we just need everyone to stop fighting each other.' BAM! problem solved. See the problem is people are making things too complicated when any problem can simply be remedied with replies like that.

^^hmm, a cup of coffee wont hurt though, right....

as sekio and titan7 said. wait it out, try not to fall asleep and dont do any more drugs. the life threatening part is over, but take it as a lesson that you need to be much more careful with your dosing. try not to use alone if possible or get some help for your habit.

Caffeine blocks A1, A2A, A2B, and A3. I will only give you one example, here's the function of the A2A:

"the A2A receptors are believed to play a role in regulating myocardial oxygen consumption and coronary blood flow. In addition, A2A receptor can negatively regulate overreactive immune cells, thereby protecting tissues from collateral inflammatory damage.[16]

The A2A receptor is responsible for regulating myocardial blood flow by vasodilating the coronary arteries, which increases blood flow to the myocardium, but may lead to hypotension. Just as in A1 receptors, this normally serves as a protective mechanism, but may be destructive in altered cardiac function.
"

Now I'm asking you, if the heart is weakened by a heroin deactivated CNS and cannot pump enough blood to ensure a normal blood pressure, does it sound like a good idea to increase blood pressure by deregulating myocardical oxygen consumption and decreasing blood flow to the myocardium?

To avoid death always have a correct assessment of the situation. With caffeine you are being antagonistic towards adenosine receptors. Did adenosine cause the drop in blood pressure? No, so why would you block it, it hasn't done anything to you. The low blood pressure was caused by CNS de-activation so the proper course of action is to re-activate the central nervous system, otherwise you start with 1 unbalanced system and end up with 2 unbalanced systems, then 3, then you die.

You need to completely quit doing heroin.

Holy shit! Has anyone ever suggested this before? Have heroin addicts considered this radical, new approach? OP, you should be thankful to this guy, I bet this fantastic idea never has or would have occurred to you independently after your overdose. Just stop! Insightful!

So I injected heroine and it was extremely intense and just kept getting more and more intense and my ears started feeling like there was cotton in them and my vision was getting white so I stood up and started trying to move around to keep blood flow to my head but my whole body was so weak and shaky so I fell and (I was in my car in a parking lot during this) I thought I was getting into my back seat to lay down until this nightmare wore off but before I knew it I woke up and was laying on my back on the pavement.

It's been maybe an hour or more since this happened and my jaw is still feeling tense and chattery and I can feel the muscles twitching when I touch my face. I also feel kindof weak and my eyes are droopy but I'm guessing that's the heroine high.

What can I do to help get myself feeling back to normal after an incident like this? And is the chattery jaw normal and what can I do to make it stop?

Thanks guys!

Any Benzos work for me

^This (be careful). Also cannabis, food, chelated magnesium, and a good multivitamin. In that order.