• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Lost Waiting for the ambulance.

I hope your mum pulls through OK dude @TheUltimateFixx

UK doctors, paramedics and everything I've encountered personally have been boarderline useless. Private things do get better but for the first 1 year you need to have local GP referral which still means things are still quite long.

That's terrible, I got treated better by the doctors here in America, when I was on Medicaid and broke and not nearly in a potentially life threatening situation. That is disgraceful, don't they respect patients who could be in serious trouble over in The UK?

That's terrible, I got treated better by the doctors here in America, when I was on Medicaid and broke and not nearly in a potentially life threatening situation. That is disgraceful, don't they respect patients who could be in serious trouble over in The UK?
The last couple times either of us went to that hospital, we were treated very well. I got no idea what happened this time

It seems be Ambulance service got problems in UK it's it own entity,like fire , police, it's all free , but got major problems before the wait in A+E

Reactions: CFC
It seems be Ambulance service got problems in UK it's it own entity,like fire , police, it's all free , but got major problems before the wait in A+E

The Tories effectively privatized the NHS paramedic/ambulance service in 2010-2012. Most end users don't realize this, because the contracts are opaque and you still see 'NHS' on the ambulance. But it's lead to a chronic understaffing and underfunding issue that boiled to the surface during the pandemic and hasn't improved since.

The Tories effectively privatized the NHS paramedic/ambulance service in 2010-2012. Most end users don't realize this, because the contracts are opaque and you still see 'NHS' on the ambulance. But it's lead to a chronic understaffing and underfunding issue that boiled to the surface during the pandemic and hasn't improved since.
The entire point of underfunding public services is to privatize them so that corporations, usually the ones funding conservative politicians, are able to siphon money out of more systems like health care. All at the expense of patients such as @TheUltimateFixx's mother. It's incredibly sad and harmful, just to make a few people more rich than they already were.

I'm sorry you had this experience and I hope she's doing better