• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Lost Waiting for the ambulance.

I just haven't got many people in my life ; never have. Of the handful that were there and ever meant anything, my best friend and my grandmother are already gone. I'm not in any kind of mental state to lose my mother right now

Not really.
I just saw your full text now. When I wrote my first comment I only saw "My" and thought maybe you are somehow unable to write (for whatever reason; I thought maybe you suddenly entered a precipitated withdrawal or something) and asked if you are ok.

I wish your mother all the best and hope she recovers as soon as possible!

Last edited:
I just haven't got many people in my life ; never have. Of the handful that were there and ever meant anything, my best friend and my grandmother are already gone. I'm not in any kind of mental state to lose my mother right now
We’re here with you amigo, reach out as much as you need okay.
Holding hope for you & for everything to work out okay
Many blessings 💜

I just saw your full text now. When I wrote my first comment I only saw "My" and thought maybe you are somehow unable to write (for whatever reason; I thought maybe you suddenly entered a precipitated withdrawal or something) and asked if you are ok.

I wish your mother all the best and hope she recovers as soon as possible!
Thank you.

@TheUltimateFixx
Hey, how is your mom doing??? I actually never do this, but I prayed last night for her before I went to sleep. Please tell me that she is doing well now 😭
Looking forward to your answer my friend...
PS oh, and get THIS.

She wasn't even SEEN. After being rushed in as an 'emergency' for suspected stroke, the on-duty docs still methodically worked their way through a bloke with a broken ankle and 2 kids with a bad cough on a 'first come, first served' basis.

Last edited:
PS oh, and get THIS.

She wasn't even SEEN. After being rushed in as an 'emergency' for suspected stroke, the on-duty docs still methodically worked their way through a bloke with a broken ankle and 2 kids with a bad cough on a 'first come, first served' basis.
I can't shake off the feeling that many doctors these days are quite literally inept and insane at the same time...

I can't shake off the feeling that many doctors these days are quite literally inept and insane at the same time...
In this case it's plain disregard of standard medical practise. EVERYONE knows if symptoms indicate stroke or heart attack, time is of the essence and patients presenting that way get immediate priority.

She fortunately eventually improved on her own. Still not 100%. After three hours she physically couldn't sit on that chair anymore, was exhausted and sick and discharged herself. £100 worth for a taxi and zero medical attendance.

'overworked with empathy deficit' is closer to the mark.

.... who knew this could possibly happen when your health service is heavily dependent on foreign nurses and doctors, and then you signal to them you'd like them to fuck off please because British Britain doesn't want them.
An unsustainable number did just that.

'overworked with empathy deficit' is closer to the mark.

.... who knew this could possibly happen when your health service is heavily dependent on foreign nurses and doctors, and then you signal to them you'd like them to fuck off please because British Britain doesn't want them.
An unsustainable number did just that.

Those are also many of the same who vote Tory at every election, then wonder why literally everything is falling apart.

So sorry to hear about your Mum - I've had similar experiences recently. Take care of yourself <3