• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Vyvanse

I personally like Vyvanse better than most other stimulant pills. The d isomers of amphetamine gives a much smoother ride than the L isomer. Adderall has a mix .. mostly d-amp but also l-amp so you will get more sweating...tachycardia... etc. Vyvanse is just d-amp. Smooth focused energy.

I like Vyvanse alot. I used to do between 50-70mg when I had no tolerance. They take a bit longer to hit, upwards of 90-120 min.
But they're long lasting. Fantastic, energetic high.

Take it easy if you have a history of cardiovascular disease. Otherwise, 40mg is quite mild, IMO. I'm not particulary big either, so.

Adderall has a mix .. mostly d-amp but also l-amp so you will get more sweating...tachycardia... etc. Vyvanse is just d-amp. Smooth focused energy.
Is there actually any nonsense to this dextro-levo thing? It kinda remainds me of the sativa vs indica thing, which Im not fond of

Yes the dextro side of amphetamine type drugs are usually more recreational and a smoother ride. Look at levo- methamphetamine.... sold OTC as Vicks nasal spray because there isn't much recreational potential. Stimulant effects yes.....but not fun or very useful. Especially not compared to dextromethamp.....
Also see Ritalin( DL- methylphenidate) vs focalin( Dextro- methylphenidate).

Ideally i would want to have regular dextroamphetamine ( dexedrine) instead of lisdexamphetamine because lisdexamp releases slowly over a period of hours instead of all at once .

Yep can't snort. It doesn't become dextroamp until digested.

Lisdexamfetamine dimesylate (LDX) is an inactive, water-soluble prodrug in which d-amphetamine is bonded to l-lysine, a naturally occurring amino acid. After oral ingestion, LDX is metabolized into l-lysine and active d-amphetamine.

So take like already said take it in the morning and give it a few hours before deciding to take more.
But keep in mind that it's long-lasting. If you take it late in the day you probably won't sleep that night.

Sorry to bring up an old thread….I’m curious about the possibility of buccal administration of Vyvanse to speed up onset. I’m actually wanting this for legit medical reasons as I have ADHD, and my p doc won’t prescribe short acting meds. It can sometimes take over 2 hrs for vyvanse to kick in orally, which is frustrating as morning is when I need it most. This morning, I flossed my teeth a little roughly, then rubbed some vy into the gums. Will see what happens. My understanding is that is just needs to get into bloodstream to get rid of l lysine, digestion is surely not the only way or quickest way?

Sorry to bring up an old thread….I’m curious about the possibility of buccal administration of Vyvanse to speed up onset. I’m actually wanting this for legit medical reasons as I have ADHD, and my p doc won’t prescribe short acting meds. It can sometimes take over 2 hrs for vyvanse to kick in orally, which is frustrating as morning is when I need it most. This morning, I flossed my teeth a little roughly, then rubbed some vy into the gums. Will see what happens. My understanding is that is just needs to get into bloodstream to get rid of l lysine, digestion is surely not the only way or quickest way?
Ok, so I discovered this morning that onset is definitely quicker. Admittedly, I have some damage to my lower gums, so I do think some was absorbed into my bloodstream via this ROA.

I felt effects within 30-45 mins and my hr monitor on my watch indicated increased heart rate, so I don’t think I’m imagining it. Curious if others have tried this.

I took a 70 mg Vyvanse one time with zero tolerance and I was soaring all day long, it was such a euphoric high, better than Adderall and better than Concerta in my opinion.