• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Vyvanse

AdamBlake02

Greenlighter
I just started taking Vyvanse and although its so much smoother and all around better than any other ADHD med it takes FOREVER to kick in holy shit lmao. Anyone else notice this? I understand its time released but shouldn't the first release of the meds be within 30 min? More like 2hrs

I just started taking Vyvanse and although its so much smoother and all around better than any other ADHD med it takes FOREVER to kick in holy shit lmao. Anyone else notice this? I understand its time released but shouldn't the first release of the meds be within 30 min? More like 2hrs

It's not a time-release, it's a pro-drug.

Extended release pills like Concerta are often formulated so that a portion of the active ingredient is released immediately, while the rest will be released over the course of a few hours.

Vyvanse, on the other hand, not only has to be absorbed into the bloodstream, but also converted from its inactive form (lisdexamphetamine) into the active metabolite (dextroamphetamine). The comeup is thus more gradual than something like Adderall XR.

And from experience be patient do not take more thinking it’s not working. Straight up geeeked me out hard core one nite.