• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Vyvanse, Ritalin, modafinil

Fun2beSpun

Greenlighter
Currently on 120mg methylphenidate (10mg) , 140mg Vyvanse and 200mg modafinil. Is anyone else on such a mix? I am no stranger to stimulants but am curious if this type of mix is commonly used? Or if anyone on similar prescribed doses? Also am on 40mg diazapam . First post after years of being on bluelight so yeah Hi and thanks

Currently on 120mg methylphenidate (10mg) , 140mg Vyvanse and 200mg modafinil. Is anyone else on such a mix? I am no stranger to stimulants but am curious if this type of mix is commonly used? Or if anyone on similar prescribed doses?

You take all of that on the same day? Not alot of psychiatrists would prescribe that combo, in fact I can't think of one that would since some of the medications compete against one another (ie, make one another less effective).

Combining those types of doses of reuptake inhibitors (methylphenidate and modafinil) with amphetamines (vyvanse) makes both drugs less effective while massively increasing peripheral side-effects, like increased blood pressure and risk of stroke, etc. Occasionally its done, but usually taken separately, and at low dose, for instance 20mg of adderall in the morning and say 10mg of methylphenidate in the afternoon.

My thoughts too, seems very odd to be prescribed, but then again we dont have the backround story either.

To the poster, I'm not here to judge. Just how I would view this if I was still a practitioner.

If you presented me with this, my first instinct is going to be "who what when where and why? It seems as if this individual is seeing multiple physicians at the same time"

If you lessen it down, it's like telling a dr your leg hurts, so the prescribe oxys, tylenol, aleve, ibuprofen and aspirin

Just doesnt make any sense

That being said, there are individuals who dont respond "normally" to a medication and respond better to a myriad of medications, it's rare, but it doesnt indeed happen

Do you mean twelve 10 mg tabs of Ritalin for a total of 120mg for today? Ie say you got 30 or 60 per month and you wanted to test a higher dose.

Anyway, no this is not normal to take 3 stims at once.
The dose of Ritalin seems way high given The other stims and if you search maximum recommended adult dose.

So I need a lot more specifics as previously mentioned by others.

Also, the valium I think lasts long and taking it everyday long term seems odd. I had a doctor give me Xanax everyday and it stopped working. But, then I couldn't get off it without withdrawals. And it almost seems like the valium is for the side effects from all those stimulants.

Anyway whatever you do don't change anything esp the valium without a doctor's help.

And maybe get a different doctors second opinion (if possible I don't know your situation financially)

You take all of that on the same day? Not alot of psychiatrists would prescribe that combo, in fact I can't think of one that would since some of the medications compete against one another (ie, make one another less effective).

Combining those types of doses of reuptake inhibitors (methylphenidate and modafinil) with amphetamines (vyvanse) makes both drugs less effective while massively increasing peripheral side-effects, like increased blood pressure and risk of stroke, etc. Occasionally its done, but usually taken separately, and at low dose, for instance 20mg of adderall in the morning and say 10mg of methylphenidate in the afternoon.

(methylphenidate and modafinil) with amphetamines (Vyvanse)
Yeah that's why I am actually asking cheers tho. I have a fast metabolism and or a high tolerance/ threshold . If you compare these stimulants taking their mechanisms of action into account, along with other variables such as risk factors, half life and bio-avalibity of the combo I'm on, I really have to fucking juggle my timeline to reduce risks as mentioned not to mention the crashes I get from the variating of stimulants ( especially the Vyvanse). So I get stuck afternoon and evenings.. I have yet to see the weekend through and have only been on this combination for about a week so I take the majority of my methylphenidate and modafinil in the morning from 8am and then only around 14:00 do I switch over to a 70 Vyvanse, with my last Vyvanse at around 5 to avoid extreme amphetamine comedowns like speed on speed horrible . I then take my diazepam in-between all this of course but I'm crashing now and not really awake or asleep so Monday I'm reckoning to throw away the Vyvanse and replace it with concerta/ xr methylphenidate, it just seems less risky and simply more logical and rational.

sorry...not judging here I'm always like this when see people talking like they are on stim psychosis....Wonder why's that!? Fast metabolism? I have slowest metabolism of every 5-6 people including my ex-wife on matter let's cheers with xtc and then it hits me in 10 mins while others are peeking I'm in 3rd wave. or in afterglow, Tolerance? O I wonder why trust me tell your doctor to give you or buy some NAC-you will hold two days without those superpowers though it up!....your tolerance will be 10% lower minimum. mechanism of action? who the fck even knows these things for real except us with experiences so in that only basis I can believe you!
First modafinil on the couple days after is not working as expected it's to high dose in your serum/blood levels any protein that should bind anything from amino-acids-which will help your milk-acid push out from your muscles and that's just 1/100000 things that proteins carry to not have convulsions everything in you is on speed cause you are making yourself and your therapist or pushing the wrong narrative to support the wrong psychosomatic stim addiction. I was having that shit with Gabapentinoids!

again I'm sorry what is a diagnosis if we can ask and I humly think we have a need to do so?

Deffinetely try to take one of these and just like in every 9/10 person amphetamine and modafinil is like I said you if not and you apparently not feeling very well or still not doing good Dracarys....what no nothing I'm sorry!
Where was I? Concerta and modafinil might conteplate good in dose like 72mg or 108mg like I was having daily but only then moda was out cause in your case why the diazepam If you can take that much of stims prescribed again for what? you would get dizzy and sleepy like when you take 600mg of MDMA but what am I talking
What's that for you
And 40mg diazepam is looking maybe funny in compare to these thoses but 30+mg diazepam is to many just to many pharmacology for my fybro to write now?

Yeah, quite a high dose regimen. How is your cardiac health on all them (pulse, blood pression, general subjective wellbeing)? I barely tolerated 60mg of Vyvanse or 36mg Concerta (methylphenidate) solo and can't imagine adding modafinil with its caffeine like profile on top. Do you suffer from narcolepsy?

I'm not even sure whether high dose releaser (amphetamine) and inverse agonist/reuptake inhibitor (methylphenidate) don't cancel each other out. I tried mixing them at low dose and it didn't feel too good.

About rebound/crashes the best aid I encountered was emoxypine, an antioxidant which prevents the oxidation of dopamine which leads to free radicals and possible toxicity. It is available from nootropic vendors and I took a 120mg pill every few hours, result was greatly diminished rebound but with mentioned low dosages.

Shit....
WELL NOW I think it would only be reasonable to give a little more feedback on what I have now red on this amazing forum. Thanks for all the additional knowledge that really helped me.
FIRSTLY. Cardiovascular issues are bound to arise from this, I can feel it. It so much the high dose of x or y as it is the combination along with and the contradiction of the stimulants. I have done just about every drug and pharmaceuticals under the sun. Even got stuck with heroin for about a year before I got myself out with ritalin being the go 2 aid for everything. I have had 3 months of 300mg of ten mg pills p/d and even then did my heart not feel off off!
SECONDLY. It looks like I have aged in the last month to what looks like a stressful year or 4 . Ones body and brain is competing with chemicals I put into my body and it shows, not at first...the Vyvanse would of course remind one of speed or meth and ritalin more towards cocaine.
I feel fuck this dose my heart and I agree that it's a no go solution. I study and compete in chess and work and my wife was fucking scared of me the other night as my emotions where absent. Not worth it im reverting to methylphenidate and im happy with that. Fuck thanks guys please ask so that the information from books and lives can give answers. Tx